Say hello to the Framily (inexpensive but potentially confusing new Sprint group plan pricing)

No_name

Has anyone confirmed that business can switch yet?

I called and I was told that I couldn't move my business accounts over to it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

It depends on how your account is setup. General Business and preimier general business account types can do framily as of 2/21. Other account types such as public sector cant yet.

Why would you want to? Unless you have 10 and want 1 or 2 of your own new lines added. I have 10 and have wondered the same thing. I have 6 people that I don't even know on mine, plus myself, my wife and my brother and his wife.

There is no way to kick people. Its part of the agreement that should be read to you. As far as sprint is concerned you giving the framily ID away is giving permission to be on the group.

The simplest thing to do if you need spots is start a new framily.

There is no way to kick people. Its part of the agreement that should be read to you. As far as sprint is concerned you giving the framily ID away is giving permission to be on the group.

The simplest thing to do if you need spots is start a new framily.

How exactly do you start a new Framily with existing lines?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

First, you get mrarried.  Then, you have chrildren.  And you might get a pret or two.  There you go -- you started your Framily.

AJ

• Like 6

First, you get mrarried. Then, you have chrildren. And you might get a pret or two. There you go -- you started your Framily.

AJ

You stay out of this! :rofl:

set one up under your wifes ssn....oh excuse me.......partner...dont want anyone mad  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

seriously though...a different person who is the "main" acct...

thats how i was going to have to do it, to split my current 10 up, so that i could add some more people...

set one up under your wifes ssn....oh excuse me.......partner...dont want anyone mad :lol::lol::lol:

seriously though...a different person who is the "main" acct...

thats how i was going to have to do it, to split my current 10 up, so that i could add some more people...

I don't even have a partner. I'm single and prefer to stay that way for as long as humanly possible.

I don't even have a partner. I'm single and prefer to stay that way for as long as humanly possible.

hows about a brother??

anyway, you have to get someone else to be the "primary"

hows about a brother??

anyway, you have to get someone else to be the "primary"

I have a business. So I could take my nexus 5 off standby, change it to a business account when ready, and do it that way.

I have a business. So I could take my nexus 5 off standby, change it to a business account when ready, and do it that way.

is your sprint stuff already under your biz??? or personal??

because as we read the biz has to be through a CU with a  biz acct...or how ever they figure it...

i am covered because mine has been under a biz for, well the whole 12 yrs i have been with them, plus my CU is who i do my biz banking with...

I am just happy they switched it so businesses can do it, and i dont have to switch all that around...

now my question is......they told me, a few years ago, and like a year ago, i could have up to 30 lines, no questions....so now does that mean i can kick it to 3 different groups of 10???  I mean if they are now allowing biz to do it...you gotta figure they know there are going to be more then 10 with most companies??

dunno guess i will find out Mon, as i am going into switch, and add 2, for sure hopefully 4 new lines, to hit 2 groups of 7

is your sprint stuff already under your biz??? or personal??

because as we read the biz has to be through a CU with a biz acct...or how ever they figure it...

i am covered because mine has been under a biz for, well the whole 12 yrs i have been with them, plus my CU is who i do my biz banking with...

I am just happy they switched it so businesses can do it, and i dont have to switch all that around...

now my question is......they told me, a few years ago, and like a year ago, i could have up to 30 lines, no questions....so now does that mean i can kick it to 3 different groups of 10??? I mean if they are now allowing biz to do it...you gotta figure they know there are going to be more then 10 with most companies??

dunno guess i will find out Mon, as i am going into switch, and add 2, for sure hopefully 4 new lines, to hit 2 groups of 7

The CU thing is only for the data card offer, which if I start traveling on a full time basis, that might be a viable or necessary option. But for now, I have only 3 on Framily, so my Nexus 5 will stay on standby until the need is there for it.

Edit: My account is under my ssn.

I may go to the Sprint store at the Town Center and see about switching to Framily and asking if they could pass my ID around. It is a busy store. I didn't even think about that possibility until Rocket brought it up. I appreciate the idea.

If the existing lines are under one account then its just having a rep click create new ID in your account and assigning your lines to it. If the existing lines are on separate accounts then you are SOL.

I may go to the Sprint store at the Town Center and see about switching to Framily and asking if they could pass my ID around. It is a busy store. I didn't even think about that possibility until Rocket brought it up. I appreciate the idea.

I tried that when I switched over but the reps were too busy pimping their own Framily ID to give out mine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, my thoughts as well.  Things is there's 5 people on the plan with upgrades in 3/14, 4/14/, 4/15, 5/15, and 7/15.  So if we were to move to framily at this point given the $15 fee, the first (upgrade in 3/14) and second person (upgrade 4/14) would benefit but everyone else (upgrades in 4/15, 5/15, and 7/15) would be stuck with at least $180 worth of fee charges (12*15).

The two options you mentioned seem probable as far as what Sprint will do with FF1500.

Regardless, a $35 Nexus 5 from Amazon on 3/1/14 is looking awful tempting

Wait what? As much as I want a M8 I would jump all over a $35 Nexus 5.

Wait what? As much as I want a M8 I would jump all over a $35 Nexus 5.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Google-Nexus-Black-Sprint/dp/B00GCLZJ1G/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

For upgrades, nexus 5 costs $35.

Downside of buying from Amazon is that you must keep the phone on your line for 6 months, I think.

I tried that when I switched over but the reps were too busy pimping their own Framily ID to give out mine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Im guessing you mean their customers IDs since employees cant do Framily since there is no point.

Im guessing you mean their customers IDs since employees cant do Framily since there is no point.

I don't know. I had asked the rep that set me up. Later on when another customer came in and was speaking to the other guy, he yelled over asking how many she had in her framily and he offered to put the two people that came in on it. It wasn't a corporate store if that matters, but I thought it was a little weird.

still says 2 yr contract required

Correct. The line has a ccontract for two years. Additionally, the phone must be kept on that line for the first six months else a fee applies.

In other words, you can't buy the nexus 5 for $35 and then proceed to sell it immediately. This, however is possible when buying directly from Sprint though you would pay $200 on the upgrade.