Samsung Galaxy S4T L720T [Trimode] User Discussion Thread

lilotimz

I bought a S4 Triband seven weeks ago. Rooted, with Jelly Bean stock (other than the root), MK5 firmware. Very happy with the device, the increased screen resolution over my Galaxy S2 is great.

I have SignalCheck Pro installed. So far I've seen no Spark activity in Louisville KY, but I live not far from my job and I get out and about less then average when I'm not working.

Unfortunately for me regular LTE is almost a dead zone at my work, and they cut off the wi-fi two years ago (too many people abusing it, phones out on the production floor instead of break time only).

I am wondering if the sponsor section has noted any Spark activity in Louisville, or if the sponsor section has any expected time line for Spark in Louisville?

I am not asking for the specific info for free! I just don't want to pay to be a sponsor, only to then find out the info I seek is not to be found. So what I am asking, has there been any Louisville Spark testing (just yes or no, not asking for specifics as the where in Louisville), and if not, is there any specific time line info for Louisville Spark (just yes or no, not asking to be told when)?

If the answer to either question is “yes”, I'd be willing to become a sponsor (regular, not Premier).

Visit www.sensorly.com

Sponsor gets location details on that baseline 4g data.

Details about spark B26/B41 you can only get at premier level.

Budget 20 a week and you'll be there soon enough.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Visit www.sensorly.com

Sponsor gets location details on that baseline 4g data.

Details about spark B26/B41 you can only get at premier level.

Budget 20 a week and you'll be there soon enough.

Sensorly doesn't help me as it does not differentiate between single band LTE and Triband LTE.   

Ah, I didn't know that Premier and regular Sponsor were that different. Thanks. I thought I had read somewhere that the Sponsor info was the same, the difference with Premier being permanent, and it comes with extra web site posting upgrades. 

$100 for a web site is too rich for me. Not pleading poverty. But I'm just a few years from retirement and prioritizing my spending. I'll just have to be patient. Either Louisville gets Spark, or it doesn't.

One last question. On the S4, when connected to Spark, does the spinning white LTE wheel / star burst icon change color? Maybe yellow like on the Sprint website? Or does it always stay white?

Read the article on the hidden / engineering screens in my signature line.  (You'll need the pc site to see that signature - it is stripped in tapatalk) The LTE engineering screen tells you explicitly what band you are receiving for Band 25/26.

Band 26 and 41 are the extended "spark" bands.

In signal check pro, it is listed on the "provider" section of the LTE block.

"Sprint B26" for band 26.  Plain "Sprint" for band 25.  If you add a note for the sector, you will also get corresponding sector ID's that have different series between B25 and B26

I haven't seen band 41 yet so I don't know how those will display.

As for the donations, that is what keeps the site running.  If you're getting anything useful at all, (like this information - hint - hint) you should at least try the $20 and see how the sponsor section looks.  Then once you see how useful that is, realize how much more detailed the data is in Premier.

There are a lot of people that gather (and enter / maintain) a lot of information about these towers and spend a lot of effort beyond even the donations to post info for the rest.

If you see sensorly tracks out in the boonies, those are likely (premier) sponsors out wandering the back roads mapping which towers have gone online, their sector numbers, and frequency bands.  The same thing goes on in the cities -but they aren't as obvious because of the higher density of users there.

Have seen text issues but that's network problems, not phone problems.

Definitely second the above....my fiance is still on the Photon Q and we've had problems with text delays regardless of which one of us is sending.

I have a question for you all, and was wondering if any of you experienced this before. I have a flagship S4 I upgraded to in Jan of this year. From then until now, my phone has been making phone calls to random people I don't know, and never called. For example, lets say the first 3 digits of my phone number is 666. What I've been noticing, I'd see missed calls from people I that also has these first same 3 digits. I'd call back saying "I missed your call" if the person answers and doesn't leave a voice mail. That person would say, "I never called you, but you called me." Again, I never called anyone. I had an S3 before, and it did the same thing every once in a while, but not as much as the S4.

Is this a moblie network thing? I called Sprint about this back in March, and a rep told me it may be an identity theft thing, and/or telemarketers having my number, and I should change my phone number if it continues. Any thoughts, and suggestions on what to do will be greatly aprreciated!

I have a question for you all, and was wondering if any of you experienced this before. I have a flagship S4 I upgraded to in Jan of this year. From then until now, my phone has been making phone calls to random people I don't know, and never called. For example, lets say the first 3 digits of my phone number is 666. What I've been noticing, I'd see missed calls from people I that also has these first same 3 digits. I'd call back saying "I missed your call" if the person answers and doesn't leave a voice mail. That person would say, "I never called you, but you called me." Again, I never called anyone. I had an S3 before, and it did the same thing every once in a while, but not as much as the S4.

Is this a moblie network thing? I called Sprint about this back in March, and a rep told me it may be an identity theft thing, and/or telemarketers having my number, and I should change my phone number if it continues. Any thoughts, and suggestions on what to do will be greatly aprreciated!

Topic moved as it's specific to device.

I'd suspect a malware application before suspecting the network. Especially if it followed the phone swap. What searches have you done so far?

Has anyone rooted NC6? I don't really care about Knox being tripped. Typically I'd Odin a recovery and flash SuperSU. However, I can't find any custom recovery's for the S4T.

I'm leary using an S4 standard recovery as I don't want to screw up any of the partitions.

Just curious.. why do you feel the need to root? I have rooted many Androids and Jailbroke many iPhones and iPads..inevitability I wipe and reset to stock. :-) If you root and jailbreak.. be prepared for frustration at times. Battery life.. app incompatibility because of root or jailbreak.. random crashes...malware vulnerability.. hacker vulnerability.. etc.. etc..

• Like 1

I've rooted every device I've ever had ;) mostly to get rid of some of the TW bloat. I also like to use custom HOSTS file for adblocking. I love CM, but there isn't as build that supports our device (only the regular S4).

Now days removing bloat wear is overrated. Many carriers realize customers dont like that crap and keep bloat wear to the minimum. Also, with the newer versions of Android you can diable most unwanted applications.

If you look at the size of the pre installed apps...most are very small and once you launch, they get downloaded from the play store or in samsungs case, their store. Yes, some apps you can't remove and don't care to have on your phone, but I am sticking to my guns,..rooting causes too many problems that I don't care to deal with and removing bloat wear is overrated.

Bottom line, I want my phone to work all the time. Rooting makes my phone unstable. But..to each his/her own.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to be on the hunt for some Band 26 LTE in West Michigan, how can I switch the S4T into LTE only mode?  

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5273-samsung-galaxy-s4t-l720t-tri-band-user-discussion-thread/page-14&do=findComment&comment=323656

That's thanks to SturgeonGeneral.

I'm thinking about getting an S4T this week, good idea? bad idea? how do you all like yours?

• Like 1

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5273-samsung-galaxy-s4t-l720t-tri-band-user-discussion-thread/page-14&do=findComment&comment=323656

That's thanks to SturgeonGeneral.

I'm thinking about getting an S4T this week, good idea? bad idea? how do you all like yours?

Still loving mine.  It's been a battle tank.

• Like 1

Mine too. The network where I live is very fast. I constantly use Sensorly and Rootmetrics to report my signal and data speed. Want to demonstrate all the anti-sprint people that Sprint is making big strides in their network.

Attached is a speed test I did with Sensorly.post-23742-140632579404_thumb.jpg

• Like 2