Samsung Galaxy S4T L720T [Trimode] User Discussion Thread

lilotimz

It worked up until the update. I got it on eBay but it was brand new, in a sealed box. The manager at the Sprint store said he's seen several phones lately that the same thing happened with Sprint Zone.

Something with this update really messed with my phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's the update, I am living proof that the update works fine on Galaxy S4 720T. Look on the white label underneath the battery. To the right of the DEC number, there is 4 numbers, that is the manufactured date. What is it?

Yes, that's January of 2014. That's the same date as mine, so the there shouldn't be any batch production issues. On the About Device screen. What is the baseband, build version, and the secure boot status say?

that's good. That's what it should be. I would try doing everything you already did, one more time. Use this sequence:

1. Reset S4 to Factory Settings.

2. Once the phone boots after the wipe..bypass all that Google crap. Key is to get the device to activate without the device logging into your Google account and starting to download apps.

3. Once you are on home screen make a test call, test text, and finally go to Chrome and make sure you can browse the net.

4. Then go to dialer and type: ##72786#

5. Phone should reboot. Now..connect to your WiFi. If WiFi Calling is correctly installed and provisioned, you should get a little icon in the upper left indicating WiFi is available.

If not..go to settings and select WiFi Calling to see if it needs to complete the setup.

Let me know.

• Like 1

I've got someone that has an issue with the S4 suddenly not connecting to LTE.  Worked from February to just a few days ago, and bam, no LTE connection.  The SignalCheck app indicates it's connected to LTE, but it says "Mobile Data: Unregistered".  Also, where it says "Provider" for the LTE connection, it says "Unknown (3100), whereas mine says "Sprint (310120). 

Any ideas?  Tried updating profile and PRL, and LTE does come up and the Spark wheel spins when it updates, but then after the update, it disappears again....

I'm stumped...

I've got someone that has an issue with the S4 suddenly not connecting to LTE. Worked from February to just a few days ago, and bam, no LTE connection. The SignalCheck app indicates it's connected to LTE, but it says "Mobile Data: Unregistered". Also, where it says "Provider" for the LTE connection, it says "Unknown (3100), whereas mine says "Sprint (310120).

Any ideas? Tried updating profile and PRL, and LTE does come up and the Spark wheel spins when it updates, but then after the update, it disappears again....

I'm stumped...

Just for laughs, shut down roaming and move to a different tower. Then try a cold reboot of the phone.

A tower that has been reset may be sending a bogus ECSFB signal while it reinitializes. If a tower like this can be seen by a phone it can cause these sort of symptoms until the tower comes back online.

Just for laughs, shut down roaming and move to a different tower. Then try a cold reboot of the phone.

A tower that has been reset may be sending a bogus ECSFB signal while it reinitializes. If a tower like this can be seen by a phone it can cause these sort of symptoms until the tower comes back online.

Just to clarify, what is a "cold boot"?

• Like 1

Just to clarify, what is a "cold boot"?

Power it off, pull the battery, hold the power button for a few seconds. The idea is to drain all power out of the phone circuits.

Reinstall the battery and start it from 'cold'.

It ensures the radios fully reset.

that's good. That's what it should be. I would try doing everything you already did, one more time. Use this sequence:

1. Reset S4 to Factory Settings.

2. Once the phone boots after the wipe..bypass all that Google crap. Key is to get the device to activate without the device logging into your Google account and starting to download apps.

3. Once you are on home screen make a test call, test text, and finally go to Chrome and make sure you can browse the net.

4. Then go to dialer and type: ##72786#

5. Phone should reboot. Now..connect to your WiFi. If WiFi Calling is correctly installed and provisioned, you should get a little icon in the upper left indicating WiFi is available.

If not..go to settings and select WiFi Calling to see if it needs to complete the setup.

Let me know.

Tried this earlier today. In fact, I did it twice. Still couldn't get it to work. It seems I'm not the only one having a problem either. There's others on the sprint forums having the same issues. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Tried this earlier today. In fact, I did it twice. Still couldn't get it to work. It seems I'm not the only one having a problem either. There's others on the sprint forums having the same issues. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

While they're waiting, they ought to generate a list of apps common to all those phones and compare it to lists of apps on good phones. I suspect that will yield the answer.

While they're waiting, they ought to generate a list of apps common to all those phones and compare it to lists of apps on good phones. I suspect that will yield the answer.

I tried to get it working from scratch. I had nothing installed after the factory reset when I tried it this time and it still didn't work. There has to be something else going on other than app incompatibility.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0

I tried to get it working from scratch. I had nothing installed after the factory reset when I tried it this time and it still didn't work. There has to be something else going on other than app incompatibility.

Is there a means to undo and re-do the install? If the app or something else interferes with the install, how do you redo that? As a protected system app, it doesn't seem like a simple process like you would follow with a normal app. Does one of those resets undo the install or is it protected in its flawed form?

I read there may be a way to reinstall the update through Kies but I can't figure out a way to do it.

The factory reset doesn't take it back to before the update.

Question, my dad just got the S4 and I thought they only sold triband ones now but he didn't get it. Did he need to request for the triband? 

Edit: He bought it from Best Buy, that must have been why.

Edited by JThorson