Samsung Galaxy S4T L720T [Trimode] User Discussion Thread

lilotimz

Update received overnight and installed this morning.
Find the app in the app list, run it.

Intro screen,

terms of service screen,

e-signature.

Then you have to turn the toggle on, select and add each Wi-Fi network individually, and assign a 911 address to each of them.  (You can do this by a "current location" button.)

It also adds itself to the connections menu so you don't need to use the app icon.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New Wi-Fi calling icon

Seems to indicate you have set up the current network for the service. Blue and white icon in the systray.

In a call it says "Wi-Fi call".   A similar all blue icon displays above that text.

See image.

eme7ubeb.jpg

Signal check also indicates that it sheds you off the system completely. No cell connect. LTE disconnected, ehrpd via Wi-Fi takes over.

Seems to me that it is effectively making any wireless network capable of being an Airrave?

I'll have to play with it some more, but I suspect that since it is using ehrpd, it is also capable of voice/data simultaneously.  I'll see for sure when I get home again.

It appears Sprint is doing a slow roll out on this update. With how few S4T phones that are out there, I assumed this would be quick. Apparently I was wrong.

I suspect that since it is using ehrpd, it is also capable of voice/data simultaneously. I'll see for sure when I get home again.

Yes. Verified. I connected to a call and could surf normally. I did notice a bit of audio degradation but it was still comparable to a normal rural call quality.

This should open the door to VoLTE.

• Like 1

I got the update overnight but every time I click on the wifi calling app, it goes into a device self service screen, and then says it can't activate and I need to take the device to the nearest Sprint store. Any ideas? I tried to restart but that didn't work. I also tried clicking on the app with wifi on and off.

I got the update overnight but every time I click on the wifi calling app, it goes into a device self service screen, and then says it can't activate and I need to take the device to the nearest Sprint store. Any ideas? I tried to restart but that didn't work. I also tried clicking on the app with wifi on and off.

Take it to a Sprint store.  I suspect something got boogered up in the install process.

I called customer service and they couldn't figure it out. I even did a factory reset and that didn't work either. I guess I'll have to make a trip to the store today.

I have a 720T S4..installed the WiFi Calling the morning it was released. It works perfect. You mentioned the WiFi calling failed to initialize. Most of the time, I have no problems, but every once in a while, the S4 won't register a WiFi. From what I gather, it depends on the WiFi router. I haven't figured out a pattern yet. Once I do, I will post.

After going to the Sprint store and since they had no idea what to do, they called a high level tech support. That person told the store employee it is a "provisioning" problem and it may resolve itself later but they couldn't provide any additional help. To be clear, as soon as I open the wifi calling app, I hit proceed and then it won't go any further. It tells me to go to a store or call customer service.

The provisioning should have happened right after the WiFi calling update was applied. Personally, I would wipe the S4 clean...have the network re-provision your device.

The provisioning should have happened right after the WiFi calling update was applied. Personally, I would wipe the S4 clean...have the network re-provision your device.

I did a factory reset. That didn't change anything. I wish I would've known ahead of time because it would've saved me 2 hours in loading everything back on my phone.

Type this from the dialer, before wiping: ##72786#

It resets your network settings and profile.

Did that too.

That means your account is provisioned. Its probably the router. Try a a few free wifi that don't require a browser login. Some routers need SIP enabled on port 5060 for wifi calling

They tried the router in the store and it didn't work there either. I can't even get to the screen to accept the terms and conditions. I doubt it even matters at that point.

Other than wifi calling not working for me, I also noticed the Sprint Zone app is messed up. It shows up as Mobile Zone with an Android character. When I click on it, it doesn't do anything either.