Samsung Galaxy S4T L720T [Trimode] User Discussion Thread

lilotimz

Does anyone know where the roaming settings are on this phone? I'm in a Verizon only area but it won't pick it up as a roaming signal. I have my network set to "automatic" but I can't find any settings specifically for roaming. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where the roaming settings are on this phone? I'm in a Verizon only area but it won't pick it up as a roaming signal. I have my network set to "automatic" but I can't find any settings specifically for roaming. Any help would be appreciated.

e9emazab.jpg

I'm going to keep looking but how do you get to that screen? I thought it was under settings, more networks, mobile networks, but I don't see it.

On my wife's phone (an original S4) the roaming settings are under "more networks" but it's not even an option on my S4T. I'm beginning to think when my phone updated with the wifi calling update, it completely screwed stuff up.

On my wife's phone (an original S4) the roaming settings are under "more networks" but it's not even an option on my S4T. I'm beginning to think when my phone updated with the wifi calling update, it completely screwed stuff up.

It's a option on my S4T with the wifi update although I was in a roaming area a month ago and didn't pick up Verizon which was available in the area and had no signal.

I've had two oddities in the two days I've had this phone, want to see if anyone else has seen these...

1. Twice on Saturday, I would get or make a call, then my phone had no audio input or output.  I would make a call and the other party could not hear me and I could not hear them.  Both times a reboot fixed the issue and it has not occurred since.

2. SMS goes through very randomly.  I'll have very simple texts that will sit and clock for an hour before going through.  I currently have an SMS to my wife that has been sitting for 10 minutes and this is after I deleted the first attempt that tried for 5 mins.  I had a MMS that took 5 hrs to send yesterday

I'm in a fully upgraded/integrated NV1.0 area with new Samsung eCSFB (from a motorola/nortel mix) with a very strong -75 ish LTE signal.

I've had two oddities in the two days I've had this phone, want to see if anyone else has seen these...

1. Twice on Saturday, I would get or make a call, then my phone had no audio input or output. I would make a call and the other party could not hear me and I could not hear them. Both times a reboot fixed the issue and it has not occurred since.

2. SMS goes through very randomly. I'll have very simple texts that will sit and clock for an hour before going through. I currently have an SMS to my wife that has been sitting for 10 minutes and this is after I deleted the first attempt that tried for 5 mins. I had a MMS that took 5 hrs to send yesterday

I'm in a fully upgraded/integrated NV1.0 area with new Samsung eCSFB (from a motorola/nortel mix) with a very strong -75 ish LTE signal.

Haven't seen any audio issues. Have seen text issues but that's network problems, not phone problems.

• Like 2

Last question for now, I haven't been able to successfully get my MSL via getprop on the NC6 stock rom.  Are there any tricks with this device to getting the MSL?  I tried the tool referenced in your signature, but the MSL provided is not accurate.

Edit In: Got MSL, ran the app again, but first I went to the ##DATA# and hit ok for an error.  It generated a different MSL that now works.

How is the radio on the S4? Deciding between the S4, Nexus 5, and LG G2 for a new phone. Signal is important since I live in a rural area!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Visit Sensorly.com

A lot of the rural tracks off interstate between Omaha and Lincoln and central iowa, north and east of Des Moines are laid down by mine. Audubon, Carroll, Fort Dodge, Webster City are all towers I mapped last weekend.

How is the radio on the S4? Deciding between the S4, Nexus 5, and LG G2 for a new phone. Signal is important since I live in a rural area!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went from the Note 2 (one of the best RF phones) to the S4T. I'm rural as well.

I keep LTE in places I had no service, this thing is beyond the RF of the Note 2. The only odd thing is being triband/non-svlte I bounce between 3G/LTE a lot more. I will drop to eHRPD quicker, but I pick up LTE quicker too.

I was debating the N5 and S4T, went with this device because the RF of the N5 has gotten worse with each modem/baseband release.

I (and MANY others) had the same problem after the Wi-Fi calling update.  I initially fixed it myself with Odin.  Samsung has since created an app in the Play Store called "Refresh Customization" that many people have reported fixes these issues caused by the W-Fi calling update.  There are 2 options in the app, do both of them.  I would try the app first, if that doesn't work, use Kies, or if you're a true geek, use Odin and re-flash your phone with the NC6 firmware.

Edited by cooljb
  • Like 1

I (and MANY others) had the same problem after the Wi-Fi calling update. I initially fixed it myself with Odin. Samsung has since created an app in the Play Store called "Refresh Customization" that many people have reported fixes these issues caused by the W-Fi calling update. There are 2 options in the app, do both of them. I would try the app first, if that doesn't work, use Kies, or if you're a true geek, use Odin and re-flash your phone with the NC6 firmware.

Finally, someone who knew how to fix my phone problems. I now have roaming coverage where I'm at this week. My wifi calling still isn't working but I'm on a super slow dsl connection (read: barely above dial- up speeds) so that may be the problem. I'll try that again when I get back home.

Post a screen shot of your settings or email me what you did at teeitupmo@gmail.com. I have poor Sprint coverage at home so i use airave and now wifi callng. But Verizon has 5 bars where i live.. Would love to use their towers for voice and data

Post a screen shot of your settings or email me what you did at teeitupmo@gmail.com. I have poor Sprint coverage at home so i use airave and now wifi callng. But Verizon has 5 bars where i live.. Would love to use their towers for voice and data

If you have any voice coverage from Sprint, it won't let you roam on Verizon. I'm in an area this week that has zero Sprint coverage. The closest Sprint tower is 40+ miles away. The only coverage here is Verizon and US Cellular.

If Verizon coverage is so much better in your area, it may be worth it to switch or maybe look into getting a Verizon home phone connect. It's $20 a month for unlimited calls.

Yeah, i will keep my kids on Sprint for unlimited data, they steam lots of music. Each kid uses 3+ gig a month of data.

I thought you could change the settings on thr fly and connect to Verizon towers when ever you wanted. I guess i miss understood.

Finally, someone who knew how to fix my phone problems. I now have roaming coverage where I'm at this week. My wifi calling still isn't working but I'm on a super slow dsl connection (read: barely above dial- up speeds) so that may be the problem. I'll try that again when I get back home.

W-iFi calling is a real crap shoot.  It's VERY picky about the Wi-Fi signal.  If it's not damn near perfect, Wi-Fi calling won't work. Plus it does an awful lot of location verification (for 911).  It's a little tedious and not very user friendly.  I've only gotten it to work at home under ideal conditions - and I get a great Sprint signal at home, so I don' really need it here.  Seems not quite ready for prime time to me.

Edited by cooljb

I turn wifi callng off, unless know i will be stationary for a while and know i am bad signal area.. The newness wore out for me.. Its a great feature, but since i am a strong Spark city... my in-building signal is so much better.

Well, the same can be accomplished using WiFi and 1x...

If you can get 1x, that's okay. Maybe.

Alternatively, if you don't need data, the voice quality is *much* better on voice over wifi.

If you do use both, you see some degradation.

I bought a S4 Triband seven weeks ago. Rooted, with Jelly Bean stock (other than the root), MK5 firmware. Very happy with the device, the increased screen resolution over my Galaxy S2 is great. 

I have SignalCheck Pro installed. So far I've seen no Spark activity in Louisville KY, but I live not far from my job and I get out and about less then average when I'm not working. 

Unfortunately for me regular LTE is almost a dead zone at my work, and they cut off the wi-fi two years ago (too many people abusing it, phones out on the production floor instead of break time only).

I am wondering if the sponsor section has noted any Spark activity in Louisville, or if the sponsor section has any expected time line for Spark in Louisville?

I am not asking for the specific info for free! I just don't want to pay to be a sponsor, only to then find out the info I seek is not to be found. So what I am asking, has there been any Louisville Spark testing (just yes or no, not asking for specifics as the where in Louisville), and if not, is there any specific time line info for Louisville Spark (just yes or no, not asking to be told when)?

If the answer to either question is “yes”, I'd be willing to become a sponsor (regular, not Premier).