Samsung Galaxy S4T L720T [Trimode] User Discussion Thread

lilotimz

When I had the 720T, I had to load the refresh customization app to get roaming to work last summer when we went to Western NC. My wife has that phone now but she hasn't been out of native coverage since she started using it a few months ago.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

When I had the 720T, I had to load the refresh customization app to get roaming to work last summer when we went to Western NC. My wife has that phone now but she hasn't been out of native coverage since she started using it a few months ago.

Sent from my Note 4.

I just did it again and chose option one. I won't be out of native area for a while to see if it work though. Off topic how do you like the Note 4 compared to the S4T? Rf wise how does it compare?

• 3 weeks later...

For the two of us that still have this model - did you receive this update: L720TVPUBOA3?

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_Galaxy_S_4/WRNServiceAdvisory_542_GKB65037?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:SamsungGalaxyS4:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourSamsungGalaxy

Not sure if it is a typo on their support site....

For the two of us that still have this model - did you receive this update: L720TVPUBOA3?

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_Galaxy_S_4/WRNServiceAdvisory_542_GKB65037?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:SamsungGalaxyS4:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourSamsungGalaxy

I had this phone personally until last Oct when I got the Note 4. I then gave it to my wife who still uses it. Just last week my employer finally got me a smart phone after 5 years with a flip phone and bought me the S4T, so I again have this phone.

I, nor my wife, have received this update yet but it only looks to update Wifi calling, so probably not a huge update. Hopefully lollipop will come at some point.

It's still interesting to me that the original s4 still hasn't received wifi calling. I really thought it would get it eventually.

I had this phone personally until last Oct when I got the Note 4. I then gave it to my wife who still uses it. Just last week my employer finally got me a smart phone after 5 years with a flip phone and bought me the S4T, so I again have this phone.

I, nor my wife, have received this update yet but it only looks to update Wifi calling, so probably not a huge update. Hopefully lollipop will come at some point.

It's still interesting to me that the original s4 still hasn't received wifi calling. I really thought it would get it eventually.

Only single radio devices (not the LG G2 though) will get Wifi calling. 

For the two of us that still have this model - did you receive this update: L720TVPUBOA3?

Stil 4.4.2....

However, there is an OB1.rdf with lollipop for the S4T

• Like 1

Stil 4.4.2....

However, there is an OB1.rdf with lollipop for the S4T

That being tracked on XDA somewhere?  I remember someone rooting around and finding links to that for the Epic back in the day.

Edit:  Nevermind, after a bit of searching I saw where you posted the link on XDA  :P

Note 3 isn't single radio.

Yes, I know. You stated that only single radio devices will get wifi calling. The Note 3 is the exception to that as it has wifi calling despite not being a single radio device.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest build for 720T makes the WiFi Calling much more stable. I am sure there were other fixes but nothing visually, other than the new WiFi Calling app. The regular cell signal seems to be more accurate.

No. Last I heard, 4.4.4 would release first and then 5.x would release by mid summer.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

4.4.4 was originally supposed to release around November though;  based on everything I've read between now and then, I feel fairly certain that there was a change of plans somewhere in the mix to drop work on those builds and to go ahead and jump right to working on Lollipop on a number of Samsung devices at least.  jef's RDF links certainly back that up as far as this phone goes.