LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Well, it *might* be a Clear site.

A number of Sprint-only sites also go live with Band 41, but without backhaul fully present. (We've got two here, and they roughly match the performance you describe. Definitely not clear sites, since Clear never had service on/near them)

But either way, backhaul will increase that speed eventually.

Highly unlikely to be Nokia sites as those are as rare as unicorns in Nokia markets compared to clear band 41.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well, it *might* be a Clear site.

A number of Sprint-only sites also go live with Band 41, but without backhaul fully present. (We've got two here, and they roughly match the performance you describe. Definitely not clear sites, since Clear never had service on/near them)

But either way, backhaul will increase that speed eventually.

Signalcheck pro see's it as a clear site.[emoji6]

Sent from my Nexus 5

I've been having slow speeds from band 41 here in Austin Texas. It's just concerning to me as I expect much more from this "new" network. I checked that I was connected to band 41 in my iPhone's field test and performed a speed test. The result: 4.20 MBPS down and 5.80 MBPS up. I had 4 bars. It's just disappointing. Will this get any better?

What's wrong with 4.20mbps?

4.2 is not bad if it is B25 or B26 but with a good signal, that's kinda sad on B41.

Again though, why is that kinda sad?

That's more than enough to do anything and everything you'd want to do on a mobile device. I was streaming content from my media server the other day waiting for my wife to get out of the store. Speeds averaged 3-5mbps, and it was perfect for watching videos.

The true definition of a network should be the most consistent network experience, not 150mbps in one particular location. The ability to blanket coverage, both inbuilding and outdoors, and keep it consistent, is what will win customers.

Sure you'll have those fickle e-pen folks, but I truly believe the vast majority would rather appreciate and want a consistent service.

• Like 7

Sure you'll have those fickle e-pen folks, but I truly believe the vast majority would rather appreciate and want a consistent service.

I'm sorry to disagree, but for the vast majority of folks that I know all they care about is fast speeds, faster speeds, and fastest speeds. We here are a small minority compared to the millions out there. The media burns it in our brains, in speed tests, commercials and marketing too. It is a shame, but it is what it is. 

TS

What's wrong with 4.20mbps?

I got around 4 MBPS on AT&T HSPA+ 14 like 3 years ago when I had att. :) It scares me to see speeds like that, since I'm patiently awaiting band 41 at my saturated band 25 house. I want more than 4 Mbps. Basically. I can't get wifi at my house.

I got around 4 MBPS on AT&T HSPA+ 14 like 3 years ago when I had att. :) It scares me to see speeds like that, since I'm patiently awaiting band 41 at my saturated band 25 house. I want more than 4 Mbps. Basically. I can't get wifi at my house.

Why can't you get WiFi in your home?

I apparently live to far to be serviced by AT&T Uverse or Time Warner Cable. So I basically live my life from my phone. I'm too heavy of a data user to use a mobile hotspot on like my laptop. All data intensive services run from my phone like YouTube or Netflix, thus making fast service not exactly needed, but it would be very nice for me.

I apparently live to far to be serviced by AT&T Uverse or Time Warner Cable. So I basically live my life from my phone. I'm too heavy of a data user to use a mobile hotspot on like my laptop. All data intensive services run from my phone like YouTube or Netflix, thus making fast service not exactly needed, but it would be very nice for me.

That sucks, I have a friend in the same boat. They are currently trying to petition Time Warner to run cable to their home. TWC offered to do it, for the small fee of $22,000.

That sucks, I have a friend in the same boat. They are currently trying to petition Time Warner to run cable to their home. TWC offered to do it, for the small fee of $22,000.

I have three words for you:  network infrastructure nationalization.

The for profit corporations have failed and can go to hell.

AJ

• Like 5

I have three words for you: network infrastructure nationalization.

The for profit corporations have failed and can go to hell.

AJ

From the same government that brought us Amtrak and the postal service, both of which lose massive amounts of money every year. No thanks. The private sector is our best hope. Government always finds ways to screw everything up it puts it's hands in. The best thing that ever happened was when the government ordained telco monopoly was busted up. For those who remember, long distance rates went from over $1 a minute to just a few cents a minute in a matter of a few years.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition

• Like 2

I'm sorry to disagree, but for the vast majority of folks that I know all they care about is fast speeds, faster speeds, and fastest speeds. We here are a small minority compared to the millions out there. The media burns it in our brains, in speed tests, commercials and marketing too. It is a shame, but it is what it is. 

TS

You're right, but without that consistent network in place, those faster speeds won't mean much.

Think of it this way. Once NV is 100% complete in NYC, and every site is tuned, the second, and third B41 carrier with CA will give you those crazy top speeds, and no one will be able to compete.

• Like 2

You shouldn't be scared of that, but depending on distance from the tower, you may never get the full theoretical speeds at home.

When the government busted up a business monopoly that is.    For the efficient use of such a limited resource streamlining wouldn't be such a bad thing.  Imagine how our infrastructure would be if there weren't incentives to build this out or limitations on who can broadcast on what.  I can see companies trying to blast other ones out just to make a buck.   

1 mile is a long way when it comes to B41. Especially if you are in an urband/suburban area.

Honestly... I've found band 41 to be very cooperative no matter what signal. My iPhone 6 has some of the best RF performance you can find in a spark device. From experience it isn't afraid of a poor signal and I've seen the signal get down to -123 and still hold on band 41, still being functional around 5-6 Mbps. I've also been in thick buildings and even with two or three bars received around 20-30 Mbps down. Basically Band 41 is not WiMAX. Not even close to what it was like. It's similar to band 4 on T-Mobile (2100 MHz) it works well even under a very poor signal and doesn't completely "dissapear" or fade badly. I'm excited to see what can be done, but I'm also having to build an iron patience in the process. Good things take time.
  • Like 3

Honestly... I've found band 41 to be very cooperative no matter what signal. My iPhone 6 has some of the best RF performance you can find in a spark device. From experience it isn't afraid of a poor signal and I've seen the signal get down to -123 and still hold on band 41, still being functional around 5-6 Mbps. I've also been in thick buildings and even with two or three bars received around 20-30 Mbps down. Basically Band 41 is not WiMAX. Not even close to what it was like. It's similar to band 4 on T-Mobile (2100 MHz) it works well even under a very poor signal and doesn't completely "dissapear" or fade badly. I'm excited to see what can be done, but I'm also having to build an iron patience in the process. Good things take time.

Band 41 had much better edge of cell performance, that is true. This is why connections down to -130dBm are allowed. 

The point was, in an urban area, 1 mile is a long way for any LTE signal. In more rural areas, sites are configured for a much larger coverage area. Not so in cities.

• Like 1

Band 41 had much better edge of cell performance, that is true. This is why connections down to -130dBm are allowed.

The point was, in an urban area, 1 mile is a long way for any LTE signal. In more rural areas, sites are configured for a much larger coverage area. Not so in cities.

Oh. Well in that case I'm in a rural area. Nothing but grass and long roads. I'm close to suburbs though. By about 3 or 4 miles away. For reference, I get a 1900 LTE signal of about -105 to -89 in my house depending on where I'm at. Edited by TangerineAir

Looks Like Band 41 deployment is going to get big real fast. Just got a PCN (Prior Coordination Notice) Fancy term for Microwave Path Coordination. for  over 100 locations across the US for Sprintcom. Equipment Spec'd was Dragonwave (what Clearwire deployed before they halted ). Spread across the US 80 corridor mainly but with Huge clusters in WA state-Seattle area, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, and Ohio.

• Like 8