Sprint Launching New LTE Cities Oct. 29

We have received information that Sprint will be launching several new LTE cities this week, likely today or tomorrow.

Below is the list of launch cities sorted by Sprint Market:

• Albuquerque (New Mexico Market)
    • Clovis, NM
  • Arkansas
    • Fort Smith, AR
  • Baltimore
    • Columbia, MD
    • Ellicott City, MD
  • Boston (Massachusetts)
    • Martha's Vineyard, MA
  • DFW
    • Athens, TX
  • East Kentucky
    • Lexington, KY
    • Fankfort, KY
  • East Michigan
    • Adrian, MI
  • East Texas
    • Jacksonville, TX
    • Paris, TX
    • Tyler, TX
    • Texarkana, TX
    • Texarkana, AR
  • Georgia
    • Auburn, AL
    • Opelika, AL
    • Milledgeville, GA
    • Warner Robin, GA
    • Waycross, GA
  • Gulf Coast
    • Pensacola, FL
  • Inland Northwest
    • Spokane, WA
    • Coeur d'Alene, ID
  • Louisiana
    • Fort Polk South, LA
    • Lafayette, LA
  • Milwaukee
    • Janesville, WI
  • Mississippi
    • Laurel, MS
    • Picayune, MS
  • Missouri
    • Farmington, MO
    • Jefferson City, MO
    • Kirksville, MO
    • Rolla, MO
  • North Wisconsin
    • Stevens Point, WI
  • New York City
    • Manhattan, NY
    • Queens, NY
    • Staten Island, NY
  • Oklahoma
    • Ardmore, OK
  • Orange County
    • Santa Ana, CA
    • Anaheim, CA
  • Oregon/SW Washington
    • Albany, OR
    • Corvallis, OR
  • Orlando
    • Lakeland, FL
    • Winter Haven, FL
  • South Carolina
    • Greenville, SC
    • Mauldin, SC
    • Easley, SC
    • Greenwood, SC
  • South Texas
    • Eagle Pass, TX
  • South West Florida
    • Cape Coral, FL
    • Fort Myers, FL
    • Naples, FL
  • Southern Connecticut
    • New Haven, CT
  • The Panhandle
    • Tallahasse, FL
    • Valdosta, GA
  • Upper Central Valley
    • Reb Bluff, CA
  • West Kentucky
    • Elizabethtown, KY
  • West Texas
    • Abilene, TX
    • Odessa, TX

For reference, these are the areas that each Sprint Market covers:
SprintMarketMap10MAR2012.jpg

• Like 13

Albuquerque on the list? Let's just hope they say Albuquerque and no El Paso.

The Albuquerque market is involved, which covers all of New Mexico and El Paso. I'm guessing they will be launching El Paso, and nothing that is actually in New Mexico or Albuquerque.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't know if I understand this...  So expect the colored areas on the map to be announced or the list? The list shows DFW, and I thought they already announced DFW. 

The map is to explain what regions are in which market. The list only contains MARKETS that are involved in the launch but does not necessarily mean that the market will launch but certain cities(that we do not yet know) will launch within those markets.

• Like 1

I don't know if I understand this...  So expect the colored areas on the map to be announced or the list? The list shows DFW, and I thought they already announced DFW. 

The map is to explain what regions are in which market. The list only contains MARKETS that are involved in the launch but does not necessarily mean that the market will launch but certain cities(that we do not yet know) will launch within those markets.

^^ This. 

The list is of markets where individual cities will be launched. Unfortunately, Sprint marketing (to keep up with Verizon and AT&T) has confused the term "market." We use "market" to denote the Sprint markets as defined in the map above. Sprint uses the term "market" to refer to each individual city they launch with LTE.

So, within the Sprint Markets listed in the original post, there will be a few new CITIES launched with LTE.

• Like 1

Most likely to launch before Sprint report their 3rd quarter earnings which is scheduled for 10/30/13.

That would make sense. I was hoping for sooner than later, it's been quite some time since their last announcement, and the LTE footprint has grown quite a bit since then. 

The list is of markets where individual cities will be launched. Unfortunately, Sprint marketing (to keep up with Verizon and AT&T) has confused the term "market." We use "market" to denote the Sprint markets as defined in the map above. Sprint uses the term "market" to refer to each individual city they launch with LTE.

So, within the Sprint Markets listed in the original post, there will be a few new CITIES launched with LTE.

I think I get what you mean, but I'm still confused because I thought Sprint officially launched the market and city of Boston in January.. https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2013/01/28/sprint-brings-4g-lte-to-boston-austin-and-growing-number-of-cities-in-2013

Not that it matters, I know the announcement itself is just a marketing/PR thing, the network itself has been chugging along for months.. just curious.

-Mike

I think I get what you mean, but I'm still confused because I thought Sprint officially launched the market and city of Boston in January.. https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2013/01/28/sprint-brings-4g-lte-to-boston-austin-and-growing-number-of-cities-in-2013

Not that it matters, I know the announcement itself is just a marketing/PR thing, the network itself has been chugging along for months.. just curious.

-Mike

The Boston market covers the whole state of Massachusetts, there are still spots in the state that haven't been launched yet. 

• Like 1

Not really related to the post but it's interesting the "Shentel" market didn't make the map. We're just a white spot with no label even though Shentel really has done a great job with upgrading most of their towers to LTE and 1x800. I'm guessing the map came from Sprint so I'm curious as to why that market was left off of it. 

Not really related to the post but it's interesting the "Shentel" market didn't make the map. We're just a white spot with no label even though Shentel really has done a great job with upgrading most of their towers to LTE and 1x800. I'm guessing the map came from Sprint so I'm curious as to why that market was left off of it. 

Shentel is an affiliate and not a sprint corporate market. They manage their own network and operations which is completely separate from Sprint corporate. 

Shentel is an affiliate and not a sprint corporate market. They manage their own network and operations which is completely separate from Sprint corporate. 

I knew they were an affiliate but that makes sense. 

I hope that by launching 4g in a market, the rate of NV acceptances won't drop dramatically like it did in other launched markets. I would imagine that would happen less since we are in the final push to complete NV 1.0

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I hope that by launching 4g in a market, the rate of NV acceptances won't drop dramatically like it did in other launched markets. I would imagine that would happen less since we are in the final push to complete NV 1.0

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Most, not all though, continue to see acceptances at a pretty good rate after launch. In some cases it seems slower because the market has filled out enough that the new additions are less noticeable. In others, there was a larger push right before launch so when it goes back to normal, it seems like a big fall off.

Sprint does announce when Shentel launches new areas, but we generally don't know about it before hand because as mentioned, they are an affiliate so the information is handled a different way.

The Boston market covers the whole state of Massachusetts, there are still spots in the state that haven't been launched yet. 

And they made the best roast chickens...... (Boston Market)

That would make sense. I was hoping for sooner than later, it's been quite some time since their last announcement, and the LTE footprint has grown quite a bit since then. 

Thanks for the teaser Dkoellerwx!  Excited to see which Milwaukee Market cities make it!