Sprint Launching New LTE Cities Oct. 29

No Cleveland or northeast Ohio again...frustrating. fml

Sprint only announces when LTE coverage surpasses at least 40% of the population. It will not be announced until then. Just look at Sensorly, there's very little LTE coverage so far.

http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=Cleveland,_OH

That should change later this year.

Well when I ditched my Nexus s4g for Samsund galaxy s3 in June the sprint store and best buy said oh yeah by the end of summer, then by mid September, then October, now the end of the year...not sure how much longer I can take...etf for My x mas gift.

Edited by joevehar

Well when I ditched my Nexus s4g for Samsund galaxy s3 in June the sprint store and best buy said oh yeah by the end of summer, then by mid September, then October nite the end of the year...not sure how much longer I can take...etf for My x mas gift.

Samsung (the company overseeing the upgrades in your area) is pushing equipment installation rather than LTE activation at the moment. Once they switch gears, you should see LTE pop up in many places fairly rapidly. However, we don't know exactly when that will happen. Likely sometime late this fall or this winter.

Sprint store reps (unless they visit this site) generally know very little about LTE rollout plans, and will say whatever they need to to get your buy. Most of the people on this site are more knowledgeable about network vision than the store employees you talked to.

• Like 5

Orlando

• Lakeland, FL
  • Winter Haven, FL
OMG!   Thank you!!!! :D    I'm right in between those two cities and I believe everyone of our towers are updated.    Is there any chance my city, Auburndale, will be up and running also?!?

Probably, I don't know for sure though. We'll just have to see what the coverage maps show tomorrow.

I agree, you guys are great, and I check here often and use sensorly several times daily. My expectations were set high a few years back with wimax 4g, so I guess I expected NEO to follow suit and turn up lte sooner than later.

I agree, you guys are great, and I check here often and use sensorly several times daily. My expectations were set high a few years back with wimax 4g, so I guess I expected NEO to follow suit and turn up lte sooner than later.

If you have the opportunity to upgrade to a Tri-Band device, I would do it. TD-LTE (Clear's spectrum) is already live in your area, likely outpacing Sprint's PCS LTE at the moment.

Maybe this explains why my data has been flaky since last week n Greenville, SC. It's been fast, slow and no signal. I called Sprint, and has usual no one had any idea if upgrades were happening.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4

Samsung has basically put a freeze on acceptances and integrations, and put all efforts into installing equipment. They are pushing to get as much done before winter as possible. Once done, they will go back and start firing up LTE. Most of the sites you see probably aren't broadcasting LTE yet, much like Madison. If you want to catalog which sites have equipment installed and report them to the In-Progress thread, we can get them marked on the maps. 

I wonder (hope) this is the case in some of the Alcatel markets as well.  The last few weeks there have been almost no acceptances in the Raleigh market aside from a handful of 3G updates to some already 4G accepted sites in the Henderson area.  Just completely dead.  I saw 1x800 testing show up on a few sites (some of the same ones that just got 3G acceptances) for a couple weeks, but it has been turned off for over a week now.

It's interesting that they haven't updated their coverage map yet.

I noticed the online map hasn't been updated for a few weeks. I have no idea if I should be getting LTE or not. And customer service had no clue either.

It's interesting that they haven't updated their coverage map yet.

I noticed the online map hasn't been updated for a few weeks. I have no idea if I should be getting LTE or not. And customer service had no clue either.

I had the same thought as they have have historically updated their their coverage map page roughly 24 hours in advance of a slew of geographical launches. Perhaps they are being a bit more (understandably ( conservative?

I'm a little puzzled by this as well. In the past, coverage maps were always updated before the launch announcement. Sometimes as much as a week in advance. So it's odd they haven't been updated yet. 

[maybe a new map altogether? That would be nice.]

• Like 3

I'm a little puzzled by this as well. In the past, coverage maps were always updated before the launch announcement. Sometimes as much as a week in advance. So it's odd they haven't been updated yet. 

[maybe a new map altogether? That would be nice.]

A little birdie told me there was just a technical error with the map, and it would begin showing updates tomorrow.

• Like 2

Speeds today in Lakeland, FL, are painfully slow.   Areas I used to get decent speeds are to a crawl today.  I'm talking about they are barely usable for data on 3G/4G.     Areas that I used to get 4G in Lakeland won't even connect, and when they do it's like .05Mbps down and .007Mbps up.   I was in a bunch of Lakeland locations today, and all were bad.

My current job-site is in Bartow (10-15 minutes south of Lakeland, FL, and the speeds there are unusable also.  I get around the same speeds mentioned above in Bartow.

On the way home in Auburndale, FL, I pulled over and did a few speed test  at different locations. Where I would normally get 18mb down, I'm maybe getting 10-12mb max.