Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Someone posted a LTE test on RootMetrics near Liberty. I'll test it tomorrow to see if it's live... This would be the best Christmas gift ever!

Someone else in my office is getting an LTE signal but it looks like the speed isn't what it should be..he was only getting .9-1.1 mb. 

But things are happening!

Someone else in my office is getting an LTE signal but it looks like the speed isn't what it should be..he was only getting .9-1.1 mb.

But things are happening!

Depends on the area. I've seen an average 8 to 14. Had one peak out at 30ish.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

What kind of speed is everyone getting on the new SheNtelos LTE?

Super psyched to see some sites poping up in lynchburg, but I am trying to find the perfect time to switch back while still getting all the sprint incentives.

I generally get about 5mbps-10 and at home regularly get 15-25 Mbps. It's all about the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of speed is everyone getting on the new SheNtelos LTE?

Super psyched to see some sites poping up in lynchburg, but I am trying to find the perfect time to switch back while still getting all the sprint incentives. 

One person was hitting 30-35 in the Boonsboro area.  I have yet to connect...still  :angry:  

Depends on the area. I've seen an average 8 to 14. Had one peak out at 30ish.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I generally get about 5mbps-10 and at home regularly get 15-25 Mbps. It's all about the area

One person was hitting 30-35 in the Boonsboro area.  I have yet to connect...still  :angry:  

Looks like what I need to switch...Thanks everyone. I am ok with dealing with spotty coverage for a few months to save $40 on our monthy and get new iPhones

• Like 2

It varies really. I've hit 26 down but in 90% of places it's about 6 down. Much better than the 3G of course. Oddly enough even when on B41 I can't get out of the upper teens in downtown Morgantown.

• Like 1

It varies really. I've hit 26 down but in 90% of places it's about 6 down. Much better than the 3G of course. Oddly enough even when on B41 I can't get out of the upper teens in downtown Morgantown.

Great, it should only stabilize and get better from here on out..works for me. 

Thank you

Yep, just tried some airplane mode toggles, profile and PRL updates, turned off work Wi-Fi - nothin'. Still get the no data until eHRPD switched back to EVDO scenario as always, too. LTE seems fine for me elsewhere.

EDIT: Just noticed the original post went out via the Sprint 1X 800 tower in Troy, way east of town, even though I'm smack dab in the middle of town. More transition squirreliness, I guess.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

Ill be going back through UVa Corner and stuff in about an hour to pick a family member up from work and Ill see if I stay on LTE this time or drop back to 3G. Ill let you all know when I get back home. Ill map it again like I did this morning. Also just finished mapping some new area's up near the airport and down towards Stonefield area's as well. 

Just went down Ridge St. After an airplane mode toggle, I was able to get and keep LTE (mostly 800) down to almost I-64 where I stopped. Mapped on Spotify, and, as always, logged on SCP. Probably need to send another log file to flompholph soon. ;)

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have been seeing "Sprint LTE" on 3 of our phones but not a stitch of data.

Have been trying in Chaelottesville since it first appeared. I have a 6S Plus and have tried everything, even banging my head against the wall with chat. My wifes M9 shows LTE and no data, same for my N6 before traded in.

Any ideas? Just wait it out?

I have been seeing "Sprint LTE" on 3 of our phones but not a stitch of data.

Have been trying in Chaelottesville since it first appeared. I have a 6S Plus and have tried everything, even banging my head against the wall with chat. My wifes M9 shows LTE and no data, same for my N6 before traded in.

Any ideas? Just wait it out?

Same here man and i guess we just have to wait but have you ported numbers in or anything like that? Just trying to find a common thread for those of us doing without

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Went back through UVa Corner and UVa Medical and Downtown. This time it hung on to LTE but just barley this time. 

• Like 1

Have you tried ##scrtn#?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I had The advanced tech support swap the esn and such last night and bamm , was getting 40 /12 here in Ironton . We hoped when he switched everything back , it would stick , however, it didnt . They created another ticket and someone is supposed to call today ... 

• Like 1