Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Well, officially a week since Huntington WV was supposed to have LTE, yet still no connection... Wonder if they will have the issue corrected by next Saturday?

Also,is there anything in the hidden radio menu that I can do to see if there is a way to connect?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I finally got an honest answer. They updated the coverage map too early. Huntington won't have LTE until the first of the year....

Shentel is building a new tower right on top of the Morris building on 9th St and 4th Ave!

I finally got an honest answer. They updated the coverage map too early. Huntington won't have LTE until the first of the year....

Shentel is building a new tower right on top of the Morris building on 9th St and 4th Ave!

Sounds like they are telling you something so you would stop calling. Have you gone to south point walmart just across the river? There is lte there per user reports.

Scan list only tells your phone what to scan for first. It won't help you connect faster. You can change the lte scan wait time but you have to balance that with battery drain and how long you want your battery to last. You can put your phone in lte only mode then toggle airplane mode but you won't recieve calls.

What is the best band priority for LTE connection? Mine is currently:

In that order.

The network can always override your choices, but often does not. For everyday use with Sprint, I keep mine at b41 then b25 then b26 plus the others. If you are hunting, eliminate all bands except the one you want. Put any other bands nTelos uses above those three.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I can't find out how to do LTE only...

Not sure on the zte wasp but on my note 4 it is in:##data#->edit->more->HDR/1x Selection.

If you can't connect in Kenova it is most likely is your phone. Sensorly is showing lte all around Huntington just not inside it yet.

nTelos uses atleast B25,B26, and B41.

What bands does nTelos use?

Others in this thread will know exactly. 

Besides being licensed for the three above, they are also licensed for AWS (1710-1755 MHz and 2110-2155 MHz - band 10 I think) in at least part of their possible operating area.  Licensed does not mean used, but is rather the first step (through purchase or lease approved with FCC).  Subsets of the above bands are also possible: 2 for band 25, 5 for band 26, 38 for band 41.

• Like 1

Sounds like they are telling you something so you would stop calling. Have you gone to south point walmart just across the river? There is lte there per user reports.

Scan list only tells your phone what to scan for first. It won't help you connect faster. You can change the lte scan wait time but you have to balance that with battery drain and how long you want your battery to last. You can put your phone in lte only mode then toggle airplane mode but you won't recieve calls.

No, I called Sprint this time. First time I have ever called them. Just said that I had a Sprint phone, couldn't connect in Huntington.

OK guys, can someone help with this info....

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-12-13-14-58-53.pngattachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-12-13-14-58-27.pngattachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-12-13-14-58-09.pngattachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-12-13-14-57-56.png

Seems like on the last one, these fields shouldn't be NULL.

Agree that last ones should not be null. Strikes me that it may need reprovisioning or reactivation. Point that out to customer service, or someone knowledgeable on this may reply.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Picked up a Note 5 on sprint from the Samsung Ultimate Test Drive. 

Boy is the network spotty right now in lynchburg..LTE almost everywhere but the download speed is worse than 3G. 

Looking forward to watching the network evolve over the next month. 

Edited by lburgdavid