Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

What do you consider way above that?

My phone generally cuts out near -130dBm before switching to 3G.  It can hang on to the low and mid 120s all day long.  However, I have seen it go as high as -138dBm before it cut out. :o

-118 isn't nothing.  Even for B25.

Hey guys a question here... My friend has a Sprint Galaxy S4. Has 3g, can surf the Internet and all the usual stuff, but every time she tries to send MMS, it says not supported by network... Has called Sprint multiple times with no luck...

Can someone please help?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Ive drove all over the area and data wont work anywhere for me man. There has to be an issue with my phone or something

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Same here, phone just won't get LTE data. Stopped by a sprint store to get my phone checked and they said there is a problem with the network that is not allowing everyone to connect. But didn't have much info as to when it would be fixed. I think they are probably rolling it out a little at a time. But it's frustrating for sure.,
  • Like 1

4g died last night in Roanoke market. It still showed B25 on my phone, just no data going in or out. This morning my  local tower has dropped back to 3G. Sadly, the 4g signal is a tad stronger. 

Welp, LTE B25 back on, but still no data....I guess they are working on it. I hope so. 

Edited by jonnycando

Ok I am ready to go through some logs if anyone wants to send them to me.

Before you start to export I would appreciate it if you changed the gci format. Preferences...-> Logger Settings-> Exported GCI Text Style and change it to either [gci] or _gci. To export a log is pretty easy Logs..->Export Site Logs.

You can either post a link here, in the premier thread or PM me a link.

I hope to give others credit for finding sites before I take a road trip through. I may take a trip through Morgantown area to find data on sites if no one has any data.

Almost everytime i connect its band 26, is there a reason why you asked?

Band 26 800mhz doesn't work well for me unless I get a really good signal. Band 25 and 41 works good

Why wont my s5 connect to band 41?

not all towers have band 41 or 25,  best to be outside/close to a tower for band 41 since it doesnt go through walls well

Edited by komat

Thank you I was able to add 3 sites. Two other sites are 50/50 I may add them if I have time to study where the best location was.

Looking at the LTE data included in those files, I am pretty confident that:

0188B5 is Low Moor

0188B6 is Mallow

0188D3 is Selma

Let me know if you agree and either I can add it to the LTE map or you can.  I'm less confident, but think it's possible that:

0188B7 is Rivermont

0188B9 is Covington

0188C4 is Sharon

0188F0 is Cliftondale Park

If some of these are correct, looking at the CDMA data in the spreadsheet now, there may be a mapping between the CDMA BSID and the LTE GCI, which would be EXTREMELY helpful if true.  Note:

Low Moor = 2x15 = 188B5

Mallow = 2x16 = 188B6

Selma = 2x33 = 188D3

Sharon = 2x24 = 188C4 (possible)

Can't rule out a coincidence, but it sure looks like there's a correlation.

I'm hoping to be able to add some data from US-15 tomorrow.  Appomattox today was a bust; the analyzer showed nothing at all on G-block or SMR, so no LTE there yet.  I did, however, get a few more CDMA sites pinned down as a result and just added those to the spreadsheet but did not update the map.

- Trip

• Like 3

It would be helpful if bid(cdma)=gci(lte). I have been trying to update the map but can't get it to update. Ofcourse it is probably because I am on mobile. I think that is what I saw. I was just not 100% on the others and I noticed some sites of a different market I got wrong when I wasn't at least 90% sure.

Edit:wow I feel bad I put the info at 1049 instead of 1149