Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Hope so! Most of the LTE I saw was 800, so I was a little surprised it wasn't holding up in buildings

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I sawBand 26 at the 29/33 corridor this afternoon when I ran to walmart. Did pretty good dropped like 1 or 2 times while inside. The tower I connect to while at the house is Band 25.

Ya I get Band 25 here at my house in Greene. Have the same problem drops to 3g in certin areas and then LTE in other parts.

I first saw this pop up about 24 hours ago in Lynchburg, VA, where previously we only had EVDO.

Screenshot_2015_11_21_15_08_37.png

I'm on Republic Wireless (a Sprint MVNO) with a 2013 (1st Gen) Moto X.

Edited by wrkerr

Still not sure what is going on with my phone, called Sprint and they said LTE should be working if it is showing on my phone screen. I have an app that shows I'm connected to sprint LTE but for some reason the data is still not working. Voice and texts work fine but can't use the internet. Strange, maybe it will work its self out soon.

Still not sure what is going on with my phone, called Sprint and they said LTE should be working if it is showing on my phone screen. I have an app that shows I'm connected to sprint LTE but for some reason the data is still not working. Voice and texts work fine but can't use the internet. Strange, maybe it will work its self out soon.

Have you considered just turning LTE off?

-Anthony

So, I'm wondering if/when this new signal data can be incorporated into Robert's maps. Not until after nTelos-land is formally under Shentel? Sooner? What say the powers-that-be?

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

So far, most of the reports have been for Band 26. The Note 2 does Band 25 only. Until B25 is opened up in your area, the Note 2 will not pick it up.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

So, my wife's Galaxy S5 is not seeing the LTE here. I've tried a number of tweaks from this thread to no avail. Based on Robert's comment, I checked to see if she's in the same boat, as I've only seen B26 at home. Lo, and behold (from Phone Arena site of Sprint version specs):

CDMA:

800, 1900 MHz

FDD LTE:

850 (band 26), 1900 (band 25) MHz

TDD LTE:

2500 (band 41) MHz

Read more at http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S5_id8202/fullspecs#jCJKkPbuLaRQ4gTb.99

I'm guessing that the 850 for B26 is correct, but maybe a typo? If incorrect and it should read 800, then I'm stumped.

Is it usual to see an LTE rollout that doesn't include the "usual" B25 at first?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I see someone has been doing sensorly in some of the Ch'ville area lately for LTE. I will be running mine every time for the next few months when I'm out and about in Greene and Albemarle Counties. To help fill in the map. 

I see someone has been doing sensorly in some of the Ch'ville area lately for LTE. I will be running mine every time for the next few months when I'm out and about in Greene and Albemarle Counties. To help fill in the map.

I wish I could map on Sensorly with an iPhone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday my iPhone could see the LTE but not connect to any web pages and when I would turn LTE off then it would go back and forth between 1x and no service so I had no data connection at all. Today it is still seeing LTE but not connecting to the web but when I turn it off then I can now at least get the crap 3G connection back.

Is it possible that only a limited number of phones can access LTE first as a test? Is that even possible?

I have spoken to 7 friends here in Roanoke that have sprint and 4 have LTE now.

So, I'm wondering if/when this new signal data can be incorporated into Robert's maps. Not until after nTelos-land is formally under Shentel? Sooner? What say the powers-that-be?

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

NV complete map is more of an offical map.(Accepted does not mean live and live does not mean accepted.) But with the slowing of info that may change. I know ALU is hard to be 100% with log data.

The S5 is triband device. (B25/B26/B41) This is probable a rolling update and her device may not have been on the list to be updated yet. It may take a week or two for everyone to get the update. Report it in the app and try and update it every once and a while.

Is it usual to see an LTE rollout that doesn't include the "usual" B25 at first?

Not common. But it can happen. And sometimes does.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

So, I was wondering if Roanoke Rep was ever given permission to share the new map with us?

Never seen anything from him afterwards...

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

They responded but did not give me permission to share the map citing "the maps will be available on Sprint.com"

• Like 1

Also I have a Nexus 6 and I am connecting to Band 26 but my Phone is not receiving data from it. I've seen the same issues with several LG's and Netgear devices. So give them some time to work it out & keep your phone in CDMA only if it is not connecting properly. It'll be fixed next week some time.

• Like 1

So I am just wondering, but does the email you spoke about say that there are going to be more towers lighting up next month, or just that the nTelos towers will allow Sprint access?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Haven't been able to access the network all day until just now I sat down at a restaurant and noticed it was there with out forcing it. I did a PRL update to my father's iPhone 5S and he has LTE as well but strangely my mothers iPhone 5 does not connect no matter what.

Haven't been able to access the network all day until just now I sat down at a restaurant and noticed it was there with out forcing it. I did a PRL update to my father's iPhone 5S and he has LTE as well but strangely my mothers iPhone 5 does not connect no matter what.

Are you in the morgantown area?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk