Shentel / Sprint LTE - (was ntelos - West & N&W Virginia)

marioc21

Was in Charlottesville all day today. LTE worked great but when leaving the city there are spots that you go to 3G and I see the LTE go away and then no service then to 1X and back to 3G. Sounds crazy but I think this just needs optimization and will happen when Shentel comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was in Charlottesville all day today. LTE worked great but when leaving the city there are spots that you go to 3G and I see the LTE go away and then no service then to 1X and back to 3G. Sounds crazy but I think this just needs optimization and will happen when Shentel comes

My experience, too. Not very much 1X, but I would get LTE some times and EVDO at other times in the same places.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

My experience, too. Not very much 1X, but I would get LTE some times and EVDO at other times in the same places.

Sent from my HTC One M9 on Tapatalk

I had a hard time at Stonefield today. Would have full bars of LTE and then it would drop to 3G for no reason randomly. I live out near Lake Monticello and once I leave Pantops I drop to 3G till returning to the lake. I wonder how they chose what towers got LTE

nTelos has not deployed LTE on all sites, either.  Not even close.

• Like 4

On Saturday I'll be returning from my parents' house via the normal route up US-15 and I'll be trying to see if any of the 6 nTelos sites I pass have LTE.  I've updated my PRL and profile; is there anything else I should do to prepare for it?  I will bring my spectrum analyzer so that I can look and see if G-block or SMR LTE is active so at least if I don't see it and it's not on my analyzer I don't sit there for a long time wondering.

- Trip

• Like 3