LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

I was freaking out at first, but was able to connect to B41 at work. Getting pretty amazing speeds.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

B41......howdja do that!

So how do we disable lte and force 3g cdma only because its killing my battery...the towers near me do not support csfb so i am without signal every few minutes when it trys and connects to lte

uploadfromtaptalk1397497960454.jpg

It just connected to a former clear tower. The unusually low dB in the area prompted me. Also, 45 down and 15 upload was another subtle clue hahaha

That's great you're able to do that though seriously doubt I can since clear wire hasn't been in my area however I would like to know the steps in switching which would come in handy down the road if it's not to much trouble.

• Like 1

Exactly scanning first that's the priority don't know what's wrong with that

Sent from my bareback LG G2

I was referring to you saying that it would cause them to connect to b41 first over b25 by changing priorities. Even if it scans b41 before b25 that does not mean you will connect to it first, that is purely up to the network to decide.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That's great you're able to do that though seriously doubt I can since clear wire hasn't been in my area however I would like to know the steps in switching which would come in handy down the road if it's not to much trouble.

We had wimax and now they're reusing the towers for B41. I haven't seen any towers in my area that had B41 added that weren't clearwire before.

So how do we disable lte and force 3g cdma only because its killing my battery...the towers near me do not support csfb so i am without signal every few minutes when it trys and connects to lte

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1397497960454.jpg

Mobile Networks > Network Mode... and set to CDMA instead of Global or LTE/CDMA. 

As for KitKat... I've found ZVC to be great. Battery life is good... reception on B25/B41 is good. Seems GSM performs a bit better even. My G2 will never touch JB 4.2.2 again ;) 

We had wimax and now they're reusing the towers for B41. I haven't seen any towers in my area that had B41 added that weren't clearwire before.

That's because that is an NV2.0 thing. However, I read a thread where people are now reporting sprint sites with TDD-LTE being added on to them. :)
  • Like 1

You turn on your phone...

• Like 5

Mobile Networks > Network Mode... and set to CDMA instead of Global or LTE/CDMA.

As for KitKat... I've found ZVC to be great. Battery life is good... reception on B25/B41 is good. Seems GSM performs a bit better even. My G2 will never touch JB 4.2.2 again ;)

I thought this disabled evdo or something and you had to go through the advanced menu and select the cdma w/ option

I thought this disabled evdo or something and you had to go through the advanced menu and select the cdma w/ option

incorrect. did u even try it? :P

setting "cdma" in the mobile network settings is actually setting cdma/evdo. 

• Like 1

incorrect. did u even try it? :P

setting "cdma" in the mobile network settings is actually setting cdma/evdo.

I did.. Thanks.. for some reason i thought i read that it disabled evdo...

That's because that is an NV2.0 thing. However, I read a thread where people are now reporting sprint sites with TDD-LTE being added on to them. :)

That I have not heard.  I figured B26 would be added to Sprint towers and the former Clear towers would be used for B41.  I'm in Columbus, OH, based on my thread, I haven't seen any B26 roll outs.

There are B41 sites around where I live. I drove past one yesterday and my phone was connected to B25, despite B41 being far closer. I'm new to the tri band scene, still trying to figure it all out.

I think I read that you already took the G2 back and exchanged it for a S5. In case you didn't some notes from out market.

Yes all turbans phones going forward for now will have a single radio. This brings up Ecsfb. I know you've seen the term thrown around in our market pages and chat, maybe you've done like me and ignored it because it was irrelevant until now. All that means is since there's a single radio and your phone's primary purpose is for voice use, it will go to LTE mode if the site you're connected to has voice also. This is so while in a data session and an incoming call comes in, the site switches you to voice for the call, else the call goes to voicemail.

Enter band 41. If the band 41 site is co-located with NV site then you could also connect to either technology for LTE while being on standby for voice. If the band 41 site is not co-located such as the case for many wimax sites in Columbus, you will not connect to band 41 with triband phone because of ecsfb need of having voice available.

Enter voice centric and data centric. The triband default is voice centric. Makes sense considering above. By accessing the hidden menu on <kk roms you can force phone to data centric as in, connect to data as priority. That is how we've connected to b41 in our market.

Now enter band enable/disable and priority. The enable really needs no explanation. I set my priority with b26-1 b41-2 b25-3. This priority is applied after reboot and airplane toggle I think, that's it. Once the phone is on, it will do as the site controllers tell it.

All that was a huge learning curve for me coming from S3 and a period of wtf. With all the additional b25 in our market, I rarely connect to b41. Usually only where b25 doesn't exist or after airplane mode toggle.

Experiencing this I have to ask the question, what good is b41 with ecsfb present and no co-lo sites? Mifi and modem cards for internet only access. Another topic altogether.

I've tried to keep premier info out of my post. If I crossed that line I'll edit.

• Like 1

I think I read that you already took the G2 back and exchanged it for a S5. In case you didn't some notes from out market.

Yes all turbans phones going forward for now will have a single radio. This brings up Ecsfb. I know you've seen the term thrown around in our market pages and chat, maybe you've done like me and ignored it because it was irrelevant until now. All that means is since there's a single radio and your phone's primary purpose is for voice use, it will go to LTE mode if the site you're connected to has voice also. This is so while in a data session and an incoming call comes in, the site switches you to voice for the call, else the call goes to voicemail.

Enter band 41. If the band 41 site is co-located with NV site then you could also connect to either technology for LTE while being on standby for voice. If the band 41 site is not co-located such as the case for many wimax sites in Columbus, you will not connect to band 41 with triband phone because of ecsfb need of having voice available.

Enter voice centric and data centric. The triband default is voice centric. Makes sense considering above. By accessing the hidden menu on

Now enter band enable/disable and priority. The enable really needs no explanation. I set my priority with b26-1 b41-2 b25-3. This priority is applied after reboot and airplane toggle I think, that's it. Once the phone is on, it will do as the site controllers tell it.

All that was a huge learning curve for me coming from S3 and a period of wtf. With all the additional b25 in our market, I rarely connect to b41. Usually only where b25 doesn't exist or after airplane mode toggle.

Experiencing this I have to ask the question, what good is b41 with ecsfb present and no co-lo sites? Mifi and modem cards for internet only access. Another topic altogether.

I've tried to keep premier info out of my post. If I crossed that line I'll edit.

For some reason my G2 was connected to B41. I was getting 45 down and 13 upload. I did replace the G2 with S5. While at work, I work close to Children Close to home on East Broad, I was getting LTE. The two sprint towers that cover that area are not LTE.....yet.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well I feel like when I post here I'm just talking to my self but just an fyi I somehow fixed the battery drain from the kernel.. I went through and disabled background data in several things then had to enable it back to make everything work because I essentially didn't know what that did.. But then after that google play wouldn't work.. So I uninstalled the updates from the google play app itself then clicked back on it and it updated.. Since then the kernel has not been running wild like hulkamania.. Lol.. Just wanted to give a heads up.. Also I'm logged out of google plus. Battery looking good so far!

• Like 1

So I just got my G2 in the mail today. I turned it on and IT'S IN KOREAN OR CHINESE or something. How the heck can I fix it?  :wall:

Factory reset, and change the language on the setup page

I'll give that a shot. Is there a button I have to push with a paperclip?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No go to Setting>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset. It should be last option at bottom of that screen.

No go to Setting>Backup & Reset>Factory Data Reset. It should be last option at bottom of that screen.

I don't think he can read it cause it is in a different language. Doesn't holding the power and volume down button bring up a recovery menu if you hold it down long enough?

• Like 1

I don't think he can read it cause it is in a different language. Doesn't holding the power and volume down button bring up a recovery menu if you hold it down long enough?

I thought power and volume down took a screenshot.  

Different language? Ok. All the items should still be in the same position though.  Backup & Reset is 9th item from bottom and factory reset should still be bottom option. 

• Like 1