LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

91 hours on my battery. I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with ADT but from the estimate, I can still make it to 100 hours. I don't know why, but I feel really excited to see it hit 100. My wife thinks I am crazy, but I will show her...

Dang the only time ive seen over 100+ hours was on my note 2 back a year ago. Pics or it didnt happen :P

My only beef with Samsung is the Knox bootloader. On the S3's they figured out how to get around Knox eventually because it was an OTA. The S5's will have Knox out of the box. I don't trust the fact that a bootloader was developed for a manufacturer by the NSA. I don't do anything illegal but at the same time I like knowing they're not watching what I'm doing out of boredom.

I've not seen the S5 but let me tell a brief story. I had already bought the G2 but it had no SIM, it was used. While at a Sprint store getting a SIM installed and getting the phone activated I had the opportunity to talk to the LG rep. I deal with sales reps all the time. When I was done, I was glad I bought the G2. Now that I've used it for two months, I can't recommend any other phone. I can't imagine what's coming in the G3...

My only worry is non removable battery. I appreciate the insight! I'm going to Sam's club on Sunday to purchase something. I really want a triband device, and single G2 been out for a while, I'm leaning more towards it. All the tech, minus the price.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My only worry is non removable battery. I appreciate the insight! I'm going to Sam's club on Sunday to purchase something. I really want a triband device, and single G2 been out for a while, I'm leaning more towards it. All the tech, minus the price.

With moderately heavy use getting 15-20hr of battery with 4-6hr of screen time, I just don't think many of us are worried about battery.  Also, I really can't believe that many Samsung users are buying extra batteries and actually swapping them.  If they are needing that, then Samsung is doing a piss poor job with the device.... (worse that it actually appears. Lol) 

• Like 1

With moderately heavy use getting 15-20hr of battery with 4-6hr of screen time, I just don't think many of us are worried about battery. Also, I really can't believe that many Samsung users are buying extra batteries and actually swapping them. If they are needing that, then Samsung is doing a piss poor job with the device.... (worse that it actually appears. Lol)

Not so much due to battery dying throughout the day, but battery failure in general.

Not so much due to battery dying throughout the day, but battery failure in general.

Again, I think the rate of this happening are also very small (and if it happens, it'll be replaced by Samsung by sending in or Sprint if you carry insurance) but if that is what worries you, then by all means, band-aid back and removable battery is standard kit on the S5. :)

dont go to Sams club. yuck. 

dont go to Sams club. yuck.

Tomorrow is sample day at Sam's though...it's essentially a free meal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I know. Costco is better.

I don't like the layout of Costco, I don't know why but I don't lol. Anyways this is getting off topic... Any g2 owners grab an s5? I'm curious to know which is built better(both being plastic phones).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There's a best buy, but at the time, they wanted $50 for S3. Plus, Sam's Club's warranty was far more attractive than either Sprint's or Best Buy's.

good deal then. I got a replacement g2 and it's wanting me to install kk. I refuse. My battery is doing awesome. No lagging of anything. Love the g2
  • Like 1

good deal then. I got a replacement g2 and it's wanting me to install kk. I refuse. My battery is doing awesome. No lagging of anything. Love the g2

Is kit kat that bad on the G2 that everyone in this thread is avoiding it or regrets installing it?

I really like the Kitkat update. Everything is snappy and stable.

Dave you don't count with your 100hr battery life that you use for a door stop. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Went to the Sprint store, looks like I'll be getting G2, more than likely tomorrow. I didn't see much awesomeness in S5, plus the Samsungs screen wasn't as clear as G2. IMO

Pretty much everything is better after the update except one thing: auto brightness is hosed now. Indoors at night under normal light, the screen gets REAL dark and keeps getting bright, then dimming. The obvious fix is to turn auto brightness off, just wondering if it's a known issue or if there's any workaround. It worked great before Kit kat

Pretty much everything is better after the update except one thing: auto brightness is hosed now. Indoors at night under normal light, the screen gets REAL dark and keeps getting bright, then dimming. The obvious fix is to turn auto brightness off, just wondering if it's a known issue or if there's any workaround. It worked great before Kit kat

I've been using Lux for so long I haven't experienced the poor performance of the auto brightness function. Lux is fantastic and also changes the white balance to warmer light pre-dawn and post-sunset. This is good of you tend to use your phone before falling asleep. It has been proven in numerous studies that warmer light promotes natural melatonin production which helps you sleep better. Blue "cool" light on the other hand, prevents production.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Lets get one thing clear. Auto brightness has never been good on the g2. Not before or after the kitkat update.

A cell repair shop shouldn't ever charge more than $30-40 to swap the battery in the G2, hopefully it lasts for 2-3 years before you need to do that.  It's a 3 step removal for the battery.  It is just not easily interchangeable for the lay person. 

• Like 1