LG G2 Users Thread!

koiulpoi

anyone received KK update today? it was announced sprint was pushing it out today

Quiet a few people have including myself, just check out the comments.

So no "ok google"?

No, why did you think we'd have that... We/everyone has had the hot word detection in Google Now but Kk did not bring the universal hotwork detection to any device.  It's build into the Google Experience launcher on Nexus and you get a "variation" of the hot word on the Moto X device. 

No, why did you think we'd have that... We/everyone has had the hot word detection in Google Now but Kk did not bring the universal hotwork detection to any device.  It's build into the Google Experience launcher on Nexus and you get a "variation" of the hot word on the Moto X device.

Mmk, I just didn't know if we would get it too.

I call BS on Google and whoever said this. It wouldnt have worked for so many people if this was true.

Just as a "you have been warned" kind of thing:

http://www.talkandroid.com/185088-google-engineer-explains-why-you-shouldnt-clear-google-services-framework-data/

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

You might not need to restore to stock.

I got stuck in the bootloop as well and started the firmware download intending to do a restore. I went into download mode, then powered off.

When I powered back on, I was back to recovery. I figured since I was going to restore anyway, might as well give the update a try again since I saw the following on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=51533599&postcount=612

If you can get back to recovery, give it another try.

Yeah, I'm currently having to try this.

I hate LG's quirks like this. My old HTC and Samsung devices were definitely easier in this regard.

Is this some kind of glitch, or is there a new feature added where it leaves both connections active?

Posted Image

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

update. Mine did it for a min then it disappeared Posted Image

Is this some kind of glitch, or is there a new feature added where it leaves both connections active?

zegymuje.jpg

I've had mine do that a few times on ZVA. Never caused an issue so I just ignored it.

Yes Tap and Pay is enabled in this version..I can't wait to use it

I just set mine up for the first time. I'll use it in an hour and see if it works. I'm excited. That's a pretty cool feature that I've never used in android. My debit card has the tap and pay chip inside, and every time I've tried to use it, my card gets declined. Hopefully, this will be different.

• Like 2

Mine was just waiting for me when I checked the update center. Not sure what is different but it seems faster. 5amyna6u.jpg

Interesting that the ZVC baseband is 20046 which is different than the ZVA baseband which is 20018.  Don't think there are huge changes but would be nice if there were any.

Interesting that the ZVC baseband is 20046 which is different than the ZVA baseband which is 20018. Don't think there are huge changes but would be nice if there were any.

I've noticed my speeds are more consistent. When doing a home WiFi speed test, it starts at nearly my maximum connection speed like my iPhone does. Before updating, it would start slow, then ramp up, and go all over the place.

I've noticed my speeds are more consistent. When doing a home WiFi speed test, it starts at nearly my maximum connection speed like my iPhone does. Before updating, it would start slow, then ramp up, and go all over the place.

But what about LTE coverage?  Like are you able to get LTE coverage in more places that you could before or worse than before?  Only reason why I am asking this is because some folks have claimed that from ZV8 to ZVA, the LTE coverage went down.  Was curious if ZVA to ZVC update improved on this aspect.

But what about LTE coverage? Like are you able to get LTE coverage in more places that you could before or worse than before? Only reason why I am asking this is because some folks have claimed that from ZV8 to ZVA, the LTE coverage went down. Was curious if ZVA to ZVC update improved on this aspect.

It's hard to tell. Chicago is so well blanketed that even the worst phone will have lte almost always. Also, I've noticed that my outbound calls connect so fast now, that once I press send, I hear the ringing before I can get the phone to my ear.

A couple of observations that I noticed from the update:

I did notice the snooze button on the alarm is moved.

I got an update from Google now telling when to leave to make my appointment time in my calender (I don't recall it doing that before.

Texting is a little different too.

I got an update from Google now telling when to leave to make my appointment time in my calender (I don't recall it doing that before.

This isn't new the notification of appointment times. I've been getting those. Did you use Google Now prior to kit kat?

This isn't new the notification of appointment times. I've been getting those. Did you use Google Now prior to kit kat?

I did, but never got that reminder.  Kinda like so that I don't have an excuse to be late.

Notification on calendar events have been the norm. The others seem like cosmetic tweaks......