Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

Since we won't get sim cars until Wednesday or latter (unless a repair story has one). I'm guessing voice and 3g data will still work since it only uses the same for LTE authorization. Is that correct?

Can somebody give me directions to SIM City?

:P

AJ

• Like 5

Failure. I followed Robert's directions and they told me that Google has told them that the SIM kit will be shipped with the phone, and she wanted me to wait until I receive the phone to be sure because she doesn't want to charge me $15 for a SIM.

Somebody somewhere doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm also skeptical about international services providing a SIM for use within the US. Dunno.

Just curious, does your item description look like mine in the photo above? I hope they're sending me the right thing :P

I'm not able to find the order after signing into my account.  Where is it listed for you?

Robert

• Like 1

I'm not able to find the order after signing into my account.  Where is it listed for you?

Robert

Log in > See my bill > See my order history (along the right) and your order should be there.

• Like 1

Rep kept calling it a Samsung Nexus and insisted that it uses a standard sim.

Trust me, you do not want a standard SIM.  Otherwise, you get something this size...

Full-size-SIM-1FF.jpg

You would have better luck trying to use that as a method of payment than getting it to fit inside the Nexus 5.

AJ

• Like 3

I just remembered!! I have a Sprint MicroSIM in my Netgear Zing hotspot!!! :lol:

uploadfromtaptalk1383344854311.jpg

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I was told that I couldn't get one because the system isn't updated and that Google is suppose to have them with the phone. I don't know who the believe.

Google doesn't know what carrier you're going to use.  Are they going to send a SIM for every carrier in America?  You have to get the SIM from the carrier, just like with the Nexus 4.

Robert

Trust me, you do not want a standard SIM.  Otherwise, you get something this size...

Full-size-SIM-1FF.jpg

You would have better luck trying to use that as a method of payment than getting it to fit inside the Nexus 5.

AJ

What is the technical name for the sim that's slightly larger than a micro sim?

I just remembered!! I have a Sprint MicroSIM in my Netgear Zing hotspot!!! :lol:

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1383344854311.jpg

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

I've got one of those in my S4. Someone earlier in the thread said it wouldn't work. The Sprint rep on the phone said it wouldn't fit. I don't think that means what she thinks it means.

Log in > See my bill > See my order history (along the right) and your order should be there.

I found it.  However, there is no hyperlink on the Order Number to open anything.  So it just says:

Order Date   Order Id                   Order Status         Amount

arrow_up_grey.gifarrow_down_black.gif              arrow_up_grey.gifarrow_down_grey.gif                         arrow_up_grey.gifarrow_down_grey.gif                       arrow_up_grey.gifarrow_down_grey.gif

11/01/2013  DM14-O-XXXXXXXX  Order in Progress  $0.00

I found it.  However, there is no hyperlink on the Order Number to open anything.  So it just says:

Order Date Order Id Order Status Amount arrow_up_grey.gifarrow_down_black.gif arrow_up_grey.gifarrow_down_grey.gif arrow_up_grey.gifarrow_down_grey.gif arrow_up_grey.gifarrow_down_grey.gif 11/01/2013  DM14-O-XXXXXXXX  Order in Progress  $0.00

Seriously? You of all people don't know how/where to track an order? Plug it in here :P

http://www.sprint.com/personal/wireless/order_status.html

I think she ordered me the wrong card....  2FF WORLDWIDE GSMCARDNOPCKGING

Weird. Mine says LTEGSM REMOVABLE 3FF USIM

Edited by Shiki8

Full-size-SIM-1FF.jpg

AJ

wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using the Nexus 5 as the method of payment?

Failure. I followed Robert's directions and they told me that Google has told them that the SIM kit will be shipped with the phone, and she wanted me to wait until I receive the phone to be sure because she doesn't want to charge me $15 for a SIM.

Somebody somewhere doesn't know what they're talking about. I'm also skeptical about international services providing a SIM for use within the US. Dunno.

A Micro SIM is a Micro SIM.  Sprint just needs to link it to your account.

Robert

I think she ordered me the wrong card....  2FF WORLDWIDE GSMCARDNOPCKGING

Correct.  A micro SIM is 3FF, not 2FF.

AJ

A Micro SIM is a Micro SIM.  Sprint just needs to link it to your account.

Robert

That's what I thought. What about the talk about USIMs (UICC?) and CSIMs? I believe it was mentioned that they're all UICC now and will run either the USIM "app" or the CSIM "app" and present that to the phone, but it's definitely not my area of expertise (unless it runs Check Point in the background).

On the phone with them now... They cannot figure out what kind of SIM to send me...

The Nexus 5 uses a Micro SIM according to what I have read. 

Waiting for a super to answer...