Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

I wonder if you can get TEP when you purchase from the Play Store.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I don't see why not, seeing as TEP is attached to your line, not your phone. Fit example, I can activate a new or even used device on Sprint and have 30 days to get TEP.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't you?

You may need to activate the iPhone first, maybe for a day or so, then just do the ESN/Buddie Swap with the Nexus and then sell the iPhone. The process is somewhat of an "allowed" loop hole because Sprint is gonna get their money out of you no matter what on the contracted BUT I would say to at least make it look like you attempted to follow the rules. Might not really matter, but that's how I would do it. Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

You don't need to activate it before selling. I've sold them sealed before and buyers have never had a problem activating.

Edited by Shiki8

I don't see why not, seeing as TEP is attached to your line, not your phone. Fit example, I can activate a new or even used device on Sprint and have 30 days to get TEP.

Why wouldn't you?

Ah, that's right. I was thinking of the "dark times" (when I was on Verizon) and you couldn't get the protection plan on phones not purchased from them directly.

has anyone called or tried to get a hold of a sprint sim? I'm getting my phone Monday and it'd suck not being able to use it the second you get it for not having a sim. I might call/driver around town this weekend and get it out of the way.

You don't need to activate it before selling. I've sold them sealed before and buyers have never had a problem activating.

I was just saying "I would" do it like that just to, probably really just feel better about what I was doing. Lol I know you don't "have to" and I know buyers wouldn't have issue activating.

With 5 lines and being a customer for 15yr IIRC I've don't lots of them. Insurance? Yeah, I have 2 upgrades available at all times. Ha ha Asurion, SUCK IT!

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

has anyone called or tried to get a hold of a sprint sim? I'm getting my phone Monday and it'd suck not being able to use it the second you get it for not having a sim. I might call/driver around town this weekend and get it out of the way.

I called three corporate stores and none of them even knew Sprint will be selling the Nexus 5, yet alone having any kind if knowledge about SIM cards. One of them was actually so excited, that they asked me all kinds of questions about how a single device can work on three+ carriers lol

I was just saying "I would" do it like that just to, probably really just feel better about what I was doing. Lol I know you don't "have to" and I know buyers wouldn't have issue activating.

With 5 lines and being a customer for 15yr IIRC I've don't lots of them. Insurance? Yeah, I have 2 upgrades available at all times. Ha ha Asurion, SUCK IT!

Sent from my d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4

Fair enough, but then you would lose potential resale value :(

Edited by Shiki8

Yeah, seems to be the Sprint Repair locations are going to have them. I'm just going to try and buy a GS4 SIM card...

Why would you want it? For a $600 phone? Sure. Paying $11 a month and then a $200 deductible to get a REFURB phone is (barely) understandable. But for a $349 phone????? Are you kidding? 

I cancelled my TEP the moment my N5 shipped, I'd had it for almost 6 years now.

Typically, Sprint Repair Centers have SIM cards always in stock.  The last few LTE devices have had removable SIM's.  They keep them in stock for SIM card errors or damage.  How many they keep on stock regularly, and how many more will be shipped because of the N5 is unknown.

I know Tmo would ship them out to you with the N4.  I purchased mine on opening day via the Google Play store.  I was one of the few that actually got it right away.  

The day before I received my N4, I called Tmo and inquired about a SIM card.  They said they could mail me one for no charge and wait a few days or I could go to a Tmo store and get one for $20.  Since I wanted my SIM card in hand when my N4 arrived, I went to the store and paid the $20.  Popped it in and it served me well until this month when I dropped my Tmo service since they have no coverage in Western South Dakota.

Robert

Why would you want it? For a $600 phone? Sure. Paying $11 a month and then a $200 deductible to get a REFURB phone is (barely) understandable. But for a $349 phone????? Are you kidding? 

You have a very good point. Which is the option that lets you do your warranty claims in the store? That's a better option for me than sending it back to Google and waiting.

It's helpful if you crack the screen.  Get a new one, no questions asked.

I have a BAD feeling that getting my Nexus 5 activated on Sprint is going to be a nightmare.  Since someone said they chatted with Sprint and have a SIM being mailed to them, i just tried the same thing.  After 30 minutes and 2 reps, i was given the following information:

1) Phones that need SIMs come with SIMs

2) If my phone doesn't come with a SIM, i can visit a Sprint store and they may be able to help me

3) If I purchased my phone from anywhere other than Sprint, it's up to the seller to give me a SIM and Sprint can't/won't give me one

4) If I want to get a SIM from Sprint, i have to call telesales to purchase one

5) Stores don't sell, provide, or give SIM cards

Regardless, this doesn't match what i've been reading here and on other sites.  I guess i'll stop by a Sprint store on the way home from work tonight in the hope that i'll find someone who's helpful.  I don't want my phone to arrive on Monday and not be able to activate it due to Sprint-stupidity!

-d

I have a BAD feeling that getting my Nexus 5 activated on Sprint is going to be a nightmare.  Since someone said they chatted with Sprint and have a SIM being mailed to them, i just tried the same thing.  After 30 minutes and 2 reps, i was given the following information:

1) Phones that need SIMs come with SIMs

2) If my phone doesn't come with a SIM, i can visit a Sprint store and they may be able to help me

3) If I purchased my phone from anywhere other than Sprint, it's up to the seller to give me a SIM and Sprint can't/won't give me one

4) If I want to get a SIM from Sprint, i have to call telesales to purchase one

5) Stores don't sell, provide, or give SIM cards

Regardless, this doesn't match what i've been reading here and on other sites.  I guess i'll stop by a Sprint store on the way home from work tonight in the hope that i'll find someone who's helpful.  I don't want my phone to arrive on Monday and not be able to activate it due to Sprint-stupidity!

-d

And... for what it's worth, i DO know that the information i was given contradicts itself.  When i pointed this out, i was told they were very sorry for the confusion and i should call telesales (or go to a store where they can't help me....)

• Like 1