Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

I'm pretty stoked to get mine. I ordered mine yesterday when it said "Nov 8th" and it has yet to ship. I'm just happy to have a Nexus again and Tri Band support is just icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I decided to go a different route with my Nexus 5. I swung by Walmart after work to pick up the T-Mobile $30 microSIM kit. For $30, it gives me unlimited text, 5gb of 4G data, and 100 mins of talk.

If I really fall in love with the phone, then I'll sell my GS4 and activate it on Sprint. Unlocked phones FTW~! :D

• Like 2

I decided to go a different route with my Nexus 5. I swung by Walmart after work to pick up the T-Mobile $30 microSIM kit. For $30, it gives me unlimited text, 5gb of 4G data, and 100 mins of talk.

If I really fall in love with the phone, then I'll sell my GS4 and activate it on Sprint. Unlocked phones FTW~! :D

Is that lte? I want to test T-Mobile in a few places and for 30 bucks I'd be willing to do it. Any one know how simple it would be to switch between sprint and T-Mobile and back again??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Is that lte? I want to test T-Mobile in a few places and for 30 bucks I'd be willing to do it. Any one know how simple it would be to switch between sprint and T-Mobile and back again??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Not sure. But I will test it the day I get it 2-3 weeks with my Sim on Sprint and my girl's T-Mobile Sim.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just got shut down on the international line step-by-step, I even told them I knew the part number I needed and the woman was unwilling to process. I'll start making phone calls tomorrow. If anyone in greater DC needs to find one or has found one in a store, let's shoot some PM's around with good/bad stores.

I called three times now. 1st and 2nd time they said they would have them in 3-5 days. 2nd time i talked to supervisor and gave her the SKU. She said it pulled up an error with red letters and numbers. Don't know what that means. 

I want to caution people against bugging customer care too much or going apeshit over the SIM concern.  Let it all play out.  The Nexus 5 may be shipped with a SIM that you can use.  Regardless, you will be able to activate the handset on Sprint, but you may need to exercise some patience.

This is the first cash and carry, unlocked Sprint handset in many years.  Do not raise a ruckus and make Sprint question the decision to run with Google on this one.  Like VZW, Sprint can just as easily decide to sit this one out next time.  Then, we are back to the safe, easy to manage "walled garden" of devices.

AJ

• Like 4

I want to caution people against bugging customer care too much or going apeshit over the SIM concern. Let it all play out. The Nexus 5 may be shipped with a SIM that you can use. Regardless, you will be able to activate the handset on Sprint, but you may need to exercise some patience.

This is the first cash and carry, unlocked Sprint handset in many years. Do not raise a ruckus and make Sprint question the decision to run with Google on this one. Like VZW, Sprint can just as easily decide to sit this one out next time. Then, we are back to the safe, easy to manage "walled garden" of devices.

AJ

Sit this one out next time? Sprint SoftBank won't do that :P

Edit - However I do agree with what you said about not making a ruckus :)

Edited by Shiki8

Sit this one out next time? Sprint SoftBank won't do that :P

Edit - However I do agree with what you said about not making a ruckus :)

SoftBank will not?  Do not push it.  This is the US, not Japan.  Sprint total subscribership is nearly half the total population of Japan.

AJ

Wow....

Armand K.Unfortunately, in order to get the SIM for the Nexus 5 you will need to go to a Sprint store to order the SIM.

chat_enduser_message.png Jeremy Gillis: Will you see if the sku that I provided is in stock?
chat_agent.png Armand K.: All SIM cards show as out of stock in my system. You are 10th person requesting the SIM I have had today.
chat_enduser_message.png Jeremy Gillis: So if i were to tell you that i needed a sim for Galaxy S4 it would be out of stock?
chat_agent.png Armand K.: Every SIM card shows as out of Stock on my system.

• Like 2