Google Nexus 5 by LG Preview (LG D820)

MacinJosh

The problem with cutting a 2FF SIM down is that it may not authenticate LTE since those aren't LTE SIM cards.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

what about a micro sim from an iphone 4s? those are micro but not LTE? ( i might be able to get a hold of one.

I find it interesting how the Nexus 5 as a device really seems to have brought us together.  Maybe that is the reason for the ebony and ivory motif of the "white" version.

;)

AJ

• Like 5

Sprint says since the order has reached the warehouse, they cannot cancel it, and won't ship me the correct one until I receive the incorrect card.

Beyond pissed at this point.

*Sigh*  I guess i'll wait and see what comes in from Google and from Sprint and if the guy at the store calls me back.  If they can't/won't correct your order, I'm sure i'm in the same boat.  Here's hoping that Google actually ships these with SIMs that Sprint will activate...

NOT holding my breath.....

what about a micro sim from an iphone 4s? those are micro but not LTE? ( i might be able to get a hold of one.

Those don't authenticate LTE either. They're just placeholder SIM cards. However if the SKU is the same as LTE SIMs then I don't see why not

Just a heads up...

This thread will likely be closed early next week, since the first shipped Nexus 5s will be hitting delivery.  We have reached 70 pages here, and it will be time to shift discussion to a users thread.

AJ

• Like 1

so is it possible to reuse a s4 sim and have sprint re-authenticate? I know its been asked I guess maybe nobody knows yet. seems silly why don't they just tie the sim to the owner rather then the device so we don't have to keep calling to activate. hopefully they are moving in this direction.

so is it possible to reuse a s4 sim and have sprint re-authenticate? I know its been asked I guess maybe nobody knows yet. seems silly why don't they just tie the sim to the owner rather then the device so we don't have to keep calling to activate. hopefully they are moving in this direction.

It just has to be a Sprint LTE capable Micro SIM card.

This is why I try to call Sprint a little as possible. Had me on hold for 50 minutes and still didn't correct the order. 

So frustrating dealing with those people. You can go online and order a T-Mobile sim no problem. 

Sheesh! I feel like I need one of those massages with the "Happy Ending" I keep hearing about. 

• Like 3

I just spoke at length with the Sprint international department, provided SKUs and so on and got a smattering of misinformation.  The first guy I spoke to said the computer wouldn't let him ship the SIM card so I talked to his supervisor.  His supervisor insisted that the Nexus 5 I ordered through Google is GSM and since Sprint is CDMA it won't work.  He advised me to order the "Sprint version" through Sprint directly.  Then when I pointed out that's wrong he said that Google is including everything you need to activate, and that they only use SIM cards for international travel.  So I said I need it for international use (my account would show that I've used my phone recently in Canada and Japan).  He tried to process it but said it wouldn't go through so I need to go to a Sprint store for a SIM card because International Services doesn't ship SIM cards, only activates them.

Then the icing on the cake:  he told me that he had ordered his Nexus 5 from Google yesterday.

So hopefully the situation will be sorted by the time my N5 shows up and I can either waltz in to a Sprint store and procure a SIM card or Google is indeed including all the necessities for activation in the box.

• Like 1

Been to 3 stores and made multiple calls to customer service trying to get a card. Nobody willing to help me in store and, I got nowhere on the phone. One rep even asked her supervisor and the supervisor said the device could not be activated because I didn't buy it from Sprint. What a mess!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

how much would they be? just asking in case i have a hard time getting a hold of one on Monday when my phone gets in.

I think they are around $30? Never scanned a Sprint one but I think most the other carriers are $30ish. I an scan one at work tomorrow. It was crazy at work today with the ipad air launch.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I just spoke at length with the Sprint international department, provided SKUs and so on and got a smattering of misinformation. The first guy I spoke to said the computer wouldn't let him ship the SIM card so I talked to his supervisor.

I work at a service and repair center and we have around 40 of those LTE 3FF SIM cards and had them for a while. My recommendation is to go to one when you can and request one before your device arrives so you have it handy.

• Like 1

I think they are around $30? Never scanned a Sprint one but I think most the other carriers are $30ish. I an scan one at work tomorrow. It was crazy at work today with the ipad air launch.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If you're referring to SIM cards they ring out for free in RMS

I work at a service and repair center and we have around 40 of those LTE 3FF SIM cards and had them for a while. My recommendation is to go to one when you can and request one before your device arrives so you have it handy.Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I was at 3 repair centers nobody would give me one. Smh

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Do preferred retailers that do repairs also have USIMs on hand? Of the three Sprint Stores in central Georgia, the only corporate store is the one that doesn't do repairs (go figure).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

The CSR reps will know this SKU: 7604920135363FFThat is for the LTE micro SIM that will work on the Nexus 5. Make sure your order shows that. If it doesn't you need to change your order. Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Asked the representative to order it based on the Nexus 5 release and she said they had no information regarding the Nexus 5 yet and they can't send out the right one so I gave her this SKU to look up and she put me on hold and talked with her supervisor. Said she'd send it but there's no guarantee it'll work but I now have it ordered so I'll be ready in case I want to jump over to the Nexus 5. Thanks Fuunky!
  • Like 2

Asked the representative to order it based on the Nexus 5 release and she said they had no information regarding the Nexus 5 yet and they can't send out the right one so I gave her this SKU to look up and she put me on hold and talked with her supervisor. Said she'd send it but there's no guarantee it'll work but I now have it ordered so I'll be ready in case I want to jump over to the Nexus 5. Thanks Fuunky!

Confirmed correct SKU.

Posted Image