Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

It's just my opinion, but I really don't believe the variant that's been released is Sprint. This may be why an announcement from Sprint hasn't occurred yet. I understand Sprint is not VZW in demands, but Sprint still has to buy the Note 3 from Samsung and if the device isn't up to par and direction of where Sprint is going, they don't have to buy it. They've said no to devices before. I personally believe Samsung has made a solid amount of money from Sprint so why not accommodate the network the provider supports. It looks bad when two users are getting two different experiences from the same provider from two different manufactures.

Ehh I don't know about this.  I mean why would the "P" variant specs be sent to the FCC if it had no intention of truly supporting only single band LTE?  I am sure Sprint is not happy about it being single band LTE only but I don't think Samsung would just make a "P" variant that has all of Sprint's freq bands sit there unreleased unless Sprint is playing the game of chicken.  I have really high doubts that we will see another FCC filing with triband LTE capabilities because any rework of the Note 3 to include additional frequency reports will delay the release of the Note 3 by another 2-3 months.  I highly doubt Sprint is going to delay the release of the Note 3 until December.

What is wrong with HTC or LG?

havnt been impressed with htc since original evo, and I have never liked lg phones really. Especially their build quality. I know I can root and use another rom but honestly if I have to do that with a phone frombthe start im really not all that interested in it. Its just my personal opinion on the matter. Wity digiblur's rok on my note 2 I'll be happy for at least another 4 months or so.

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

Ehh I don't know about this.  I mean why would the "P" variant specs be sent to the FCC if it had no intention of truly supporting only single band LTE?  I am sure Sprint is not happy about it being single band LTE only but I don't think Samsung would just make a "P" variant that has all of Sprint's freq bands sit there unreleased unless Sprint is playing the game of chicken.  I have really high doubts that we will see another FCC filing with triband LTE capabilities because any rework of the Note 3 to include additional frequency reports will delay the release of the Note 3 by another 2-3 months.  I highly doubt Sprint is going to delay the release of the Note 3 until December.

I can understand that viewpoint. I just personally don't think it's Sprint's final variant. I believe it will at least be Dual-Band if not more. I could see them waiting to release at a later date, even if December. Hell, maybe their getting own "exclusive" Note type device with it's own name. They don't have "Evo" anymore. :lol: Again just my opinion.

So what numbers do you look at it as I was just glancing at the numbers in the RF exposure and saw higher.  I didn't dig all the way through things though. 

Does the AT&T model suffer these same RF issues?   I was looking at their docs and I see it supports LTE 2, 4, 5, and 17.  Confuses matters much more as it seems Samsung could have easily made this device support both PCS LTE and 800SMR LTE given what they did with the AT&T version.  Bad Samsung! 

Lots of variability.  In band 4 LTE, the T-Mobile variant does 21 dBm; the USCC, et al., variant does 17 dBm; the AT&T variant does 22 dBm.  So, why the VZW variant is slumming down there at 14 dBm, I have no idea.  But that is not good for VZW dual band performance.

AJ

I'm going to keep lying to myself and say, the official Sprint variant hasn't been released by the FCC yet. That the version released supports Bands 0/1/10/25 for roaming purposes for Softbank users and that another variant is still in testing.

Was it not stated during the Q2 call that all smartphones going forward was going to support Band 26 with the unspoken iPhone not being detailed yet?

This is what I'm thinking too. Can't those files change at anytime too?

I can understand that viewpoint. I just personally don't think it's Sprint's final variant. I believe it will at least be Dual-Band if not more. I could see them waiting to release at a later date, even if December. Hell, maybe their getting own "exclusive" Note type device with it's own name. They don't have "Evo" anymore. :lol: Again just my opinion.

This is what I'm thinking too. Can't those files change at anytime too?

You guys can wish in one hand, crap in the other.  See which one gets filled first.

Honestly, you are grasping at straws.  As long as the "P" variant is released, it is headed to Sprint.  It is not just a roaming variant -- it is intended for Sprint.  And that is the end of that.  Your only hope is that the "P" variant never sees the light of day.

AJ

• Like 5

I just don't get why Sprint has been so delayed on their phone releases? G2 & Note 3 have already been announced with release date for the other carriers.

Is Sprint historically slow on releasing devices compared to the other US carriers?

I just don't get why Sprint has been so delayed on their phone releases? G2 & Note 3 have already been announced with release date for the other carriers.

Is Sprint historically slow on releasing devices compared to the other US carriers?

Maybe they're going to have HTC One Max exclusivity? (Speculation)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

You guys can wish in one hand, crap in the other. See which one gets filled first.

Honestly, you are grasping at straws. As long as the "P" variant is released, it is headed to Sprint. It is not just a roaming variant -- it is intended for Sprint. And that is the end of that. Your only hope is that the "P" variant never sees the light of day.

AJ

Maybe one should write an article explaining the Samsung epic failure. Other tech blogs pick it up and then just maybe Sprint will see their problem when it catches enough traction.

You guys can wish in one hand, crap in the other.  See which one gets filled first.

Honestly, you are grasping at straws.  As long as the "P" variant is released, it is headed to Sprint.  It is not just a roaming variant -- it is intended for Sprint.  And that is the end of that.  Your only hope is that the "P" variant never sees the light of day.

AJ

Nothing is wrong with wishing. If it happens to be triband, sweet, if not, I'll save my money and buy something different.

• Like 1

Maybe one should write an article explaining the Samsung epic failure. Other tech blogs pick it up and then just maybe Sprint will see their problem when it catches enough traction.

I am not going to assign blame.  I have no idea where it lies.  But from the FCC OET filings, I do have a bombshell to drop that probably will cause rioting in the streets.  The article will get written this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  Look forward to it...

AJ

• Like 3

I am not going to assign blame. I have no idea where it lies. But from the FCC OET filings, I do have a bombshell to drop that probably will cause rioting in the streets. The article will get written this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Look forward to it...

AJ

Uh oh.

I am not going to assign blame.  I have no idea where it lies.  But from the FCC OET filings, I do have a bombshell to drop that probably will cause rioting in the streets.  The article will get written this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  Look forward to it...

AJ

Can't wait for it!  The only hope we have is Sprint and/or Samsung to realize the tech blogs are pointing out that no one buy this phone since it is has been castrated down to uni-band.

Uh oh.

It's a good uh-oh!  I put good trust in AJ's combination of superior technical skills and unique writing skills to put the proper light on this subject. 

• Like 1

We should have a social media campaign and get every member to post the article to their site(s) of choice. With six degrees of separation we can make some noise.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Can't wait for it!  The only hope we have is Sprint and/or Samsung to realize the tech blogs are pointing out that no one buy this phone since it is has been castrated down to uni-band.

It's a good uh-oh!  I put good trust in AJ's combination of superior technical skills and unique writing skills to put the proper light on this subject. 

AJ is a great writer who efficiently uses his technical knowledge, but unless you know something because you're an author as well, it could still easily be a bad uh oh. 

Why would Samsung release a version on Sprint of the Note 3 which is single band and at least not dual band 1900/800? I just can't understand this? Doesn't the new Triband LG use the same chipset? I really wanted the note 3 but if it is single band LTE I won't get it as I don't want to be stuck with single band for two years?! I wouldn't mind dual and I'd love tri but that won't happen, lol. Sprint should send Samsung packing but they are so desperate right now with all of their problems they will take crap out of the back of a cow right now.

5th

Why would Samsung release a version on Sprint of the Note 3 which is single band and at least not dual band 1900/800? I just can't understand this? Doesn't the new Triband LG use the same chipset? I really wanted the note 3 but if it is single band LTE I won't get it as I don't want to be stuck with single band for two years?! I wouldn't mind dual and I'd love tri but that won't happen, lol. Sprint should send Samsung packing but they are so desperate right now with all of their problems they will take crap out of the back of a cow right now.

5th

Who knows why samsung decided to release the note 3 with single band lte. Its not samsungsresponsibility to ensure proper sprint network management. B26 and B41 are unique LTE band for sprint so maybe shamesung thought they didnt think it was worth the cost because of the demand.

Join the anti-Note 3 club. I am going to get the LG G2 phone now.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Who knows why shamesung decided to release the note 3 with single band lte. Its not shamesungs responsibility to ensure proper sprint network management. B26 and B41 are unique LTE band for sprint so maybe shamesung thought they didnt think it was worth the cost because of the demand.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the man has made a decision!

• Like 2

AJ is a great writer who efficiently uses his technical knowledge, but unless you know something because you're an author as well, it could still easily be a bad uh oh. 

Hmmm..... What could it be... Rioting in the streets doesn't sound like it's a good thing....

All of this chatter in The Forums -- you are distracting me while I am writing the article.  Go outside and play until I am done.

AJ

• Like 7

Who knows why shamesung decided to release the note 3 with single band lte. Its not shamesungs responsibility to ensure proper sprint network management. B26 and B41 are unique LTE band for sprint so maybe shamesung thought they didnt think it was worth the cost because of the demand.

Samsung is making the GS4 mini in tri-band LTE. It would be much easier to have made the GN3 in tri-band as there is more room to pack all that equipment.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Shamesung is making the GS4 mini in tri-band LTE. It would be much easier to have made the GN3 in tri-band as there is more room to pack all that equipment.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed.  I don't know why Samsung couldn't pack the B26 and B41 antennas into the Note 3 since its got more phone real estate especially since they already have had to order the B26 and B41 antennas for the GS4 mini....*shrug*

I'm just grasping at straws like everyone else, but maybe Sprint decided to do single band LTE so as to help the iPhone release. Sprint has to sell a lot of iPhones. Also, it may explain why their LGOG2 has been pushed out until November.

Just throwing a conspiracy theory out there for you all. I'm not saying I believe it, but it's sure fun watching all this.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My guess is that note3 has been in development for longer period time than other upcoming phones and even though it is getting released around the same time as other first gen tri-band devices, the earlier development start time precluded note 3 tri-band support.

• Like 2