Samsung Galaxy Note 3

linhpham2

If they would have just released 25 models of tri-band phones and updated 39,000 sites with all the bands last week this wouldn't be an issue! (Thinking harder about it -- what *IS* better to have first the device or the network??? chicken or egg)... This will be my last post on the issue -- but you really got me thinking about what is the better way to 'have it'...

I would prefer to have the device first.  That way, the very moment service is live in my area, I can use it.  And that's the way Sprint does it.  However, logisitically, this period is the absolute earliest that Sprint Dualband and Triband LTE devices could hit the market.  

So I definitely would not want them to wait to convert the Clearwire WiMax network to TD-LTE until devices were available.  I'm glad they could get a start on it before the devices versus waiting.  But I definitely would not want them to wait until the entire network is upgraded for them to sell the devices.

Robert

• Like 3

It can be the best damn RF performer in the world but you will stuck using that one lane highway for the 2 years you have it and that nice 10 lane interstate is staring at you and you can't use it. No thanks. Then to further rub it in you can't use the 800LTE either.

Yeah, which is why unless the tri-band phones out there turn out to be pitiful, I'll be looking outside the Sammy stable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I don't think any serious user should consider buying the Sprint Note 3 unless they were going to get a Sprint Triband hotspot to pair it with.  Network usability trumps all other phone features, including screen size. :imo:

Robert

• Like 9

I don't think any serious user should consider buying the Sprint Note 3 unless they were going to get a Sprint Triband hotspot to pair it with. Network usability trumps all other phone features, including screen size. :imo:

Robert

Agree completely. No point if I can't get a reliable signal anywhere.

• Like 1

...so just get it done as fast as possible (device OR network).

That's something I think we all can agree.  And the Clearwire TD-LTE deployment is going way faster.  For obvious reasons.  It's roughly the same scope as Tmo's LTE upgrade.  Overlay, baby!

Robert

• Like 8

That's something I think we all can agree. And the Clearwire TD-LTE deployment is going way faster. For obvious reasons. It's roughly the same scope as Tmo's LTE upgrade. Overlay, baby!

Robert

Unless you don't have anything to overlay :(

• Like 6

Overlay, baby!

Yes, getting overlaid is good, very good.

Unless you don't have anything to overlay :(

I guess digiblur gets underlaid.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Better than not getting laid ;)

Well, the prefix "under" is relative -- it could indicate zero.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

The Sprint version Note 3 has finally cleared the FCC, can someone give us a rundown or an article like you guys have done on the front page for new phones like RF info, etc? Or in this thread if you have it now?

EDIT: The one thing I do love about my EVO LTE is that when I'm on a call I can still surf the web! My car broke down recently and I needed this to use GPS and some other stuff while waiting on a ten hour, lol, hold. :)

Thanks,

5th

The Sprint version Note 3 has finally cleared the FCC, can someone give us a rundown or an article like you guys have done on the front page for new phones like RF info, etc? Or in this thread if you have it now?

EDIT: The one thing I do love about my EVO LTE is that when I'm on a call I can still surf the web! My car broke down recently and I needed this to use GPS and some other stuff while waiting on a ten hour, lol, hold. :)

Thanks,

5th

What do you want to know?  If you are looking to confirm triband LTE support for the Note 3, you will be disappointed.  The Note 3 will be single band LTE 1900 unfortunately.

It can be the best damn RF performer in the world but you will stuck using that one lane highway for the 2 years you have it and that nice 10 lane interstate is staring at you and you can't use it. No thanks. Then to further rub it in you can't use the 800LTE either.

Well at least interstate 1900 won't be as congested. All the cool kids with their fancy new toys will be on interstate 2600 and 800, they'll spend less and less time on i1900. So even though it's a one lane highway hopefully it'll move a little faster once more and more ppl use the other 2 freeways. :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

Well at least interstate 1900 won't be as congested. All the cool kids with their fancy new toys will be on interstate 2600 and 800, they'll spend less and less time on i1900. So even though it's a one lane highway hopefully it'll move a little faster once more and more ppl use the other 2 freeways. :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

I wouldn't say that.  There are still too many single band LTE 1900 phones out there so at least for the next 8 months or so it will still be congested.  Unless there is a huge flux of Wimax customers who have upgrades and flock to the LG G2, Nexus 5 and perhaps HTC One Max (assuming its triband) I wouldn't expect to see any difference in overall network balance of LTE 1900.  For a lot of Sprint customers that are not S4GRU members they will buy the Note 3 without knowing its not triband.

I wouldn't say that. There are still too many single band LTE 1900 phones out there so at least for the next 8 months or so it will still be congested. Unless there is a huge flux of Wimax customers who have upgrades and flock to the LG G2, Nexus 5 and perhaps HTC One Max (assuming its triband) I wouldn't expect to see any difference in overall network balance of LTE 1900. For a lot of Sprint customers that are not S4GRU members they will buy the Note 3 without knowing its not triband.

I'm just trying to look at the bright side here. Would've been huge for a triband gn3. For consumers and for the network. But oh well. I'm even glad the iPhone is at least dual band. Every little bit helps. Even if it means just one less phone streaming video on my sector, I'll take it. Every week should get better for the 1900ers. And who knows maybe by Christmas when all the new iPhones and Tribands are under the tree, all the 1900ers can enjoy streaming xmas logs with no issues. Including the gn3 adopters. Maybe. Doesn't solve indoor and fringe issues, but hey its something. No worse then the gn2 that people already love.

• Like 1

It's for sure coming to sprint. We received something about it in our weekly news at work. There's not a date yet but Verizon has it listed as being released on 10/10 so I'd hope we're somewhere around there.

Did it have a model number?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to keep lying to myself and say, the official Sprint variant hasn't been released by the FCC yet. That the version released supports Bands 0/1/10/25 for roaming purposes for Softbank users and that another variant is still in testing.

Was it not stated during the Q2 call that all smartphones going forward was going to support Band 26 with the unspoken iPhone not being detailed yet?

• Like 2

I like the way your thinking COZisback. If the note 3 wasn't at least dual band id be extremely disappointed. Really not wanting a htc or lg phone ever!

Sent from my rooted G Note 2 Using TapaTalk 4 Beta

What would the addition of tri-band do the thickness of the phone if anything? Heard a clueless store employee telling someone that it would make it thicker and that was why the N3 wasn't getting it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I like the way your thinking COZisback. If the note 3 wasn't at least dual band id be extremely disappointed. Really not wanting a htc or lg phone ever!

It's just my opinion, but I really don't believe the variant that's been released is Sprint. This may be why an announcement from Sprint hasn't occurred yet. I understand Sprint is not VZW in demands, but Sprint still has to buy the Note 3 from Samsung and if the device isn't up to par and direction of where Sprint is going, they don't have to buy it. They've said no to devices before. I personally believe Samsung has made a solid amount of money from Sprint so why not accommodate the network the provider supports. It looks bad when two users are getting two different experiences from the same provider from two different manufactures.

What is wrong with HTC or LG?