Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

That's a lot of ellipses.

Reminds me of one of our Category Managers at work. He uses so many ellipses in his emails that it sometimes rubs off on me. :lol:

Reminds me of one of our Category Managers at work. He uses so many ellipses in his emails that it sometimes rubs off on me. :lol:

I still carry it from the days of full duplex chats from the BBS days. Helped to show that call waiting didn't kick you off in the middle of a thought.

• Like 3

I do it a lot when writing text over mobile. It, to my eyes sparses the words... It's either that or I tend to write a lot of run on sentences! Sadly I was really good in English and writing. I am just lazy now! I should feel more shame... On screen keybroads are a pain in the Ass.

Dish has been awfully quiet about this whole affair. Are they waiting for Sprint to give up, the stock price to go back down to non-speculative levels and then swoop in?

DT could also spin-off T-Mobile USA. Or have a JV with Softbank and have the two share a network. and sell T-Mobile's to Dish.

Edited by bigsnake49

You ever see somebody use ...? It drives me crazy.

Haha, yeah. I think I've been guilty of using that once or twice.

:td:

Some have a similar reaction to the over proliferation of emoticons.

AJ

• Like 3

AJ

I understand that, and i'm not a big fan of them either actually, It's just easier for me to convey a thought/feeling via emoticon then typing it out.

• Like 1

AJ

I understand that, and i'm not a big fan of them either actually, It's just easier for me to convey a thought/feeling via emoticon then typing it out.

I love them! :tu:

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Dish has been awfully quiet about this whole affair. Are they waiting for Sprint to give up, the stock price to go back down to non-speculative levels and then swoop in?

DT could also spin-off T-Mobile USA. Or have a JV with Softbank and have the two share a network. and sell T-Mobile's to Dish.

I am not sure but something surprising is def going on, Son and is probably thinking of a way to get around Feds. I don't think dish is doing well and most likely Won't make a move yet.

If charlie does make the move, I suspect sprint will be involved somehow as charlie would like some of the 25/2600.

Charlie characteristically would fear paying more for tmo than sprint would pay. The only conditions under which he would make a play will be 1)sprint has made a bid, charlie likes the price and wants to pay more 2) sprints bid has been turned down by fcc/doj and charlie sees an opportunity to swoop in and pay less

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I am not sure if tmo would be willing to take a significant cut, they are doing well. Since sprint and dish already have a partnership, and it seems the feds won't just let sprint buy tmo maybe the "couple of weeks" sprint needs to make a decision is now including Charli

I think we will soon find out. Either son gets tmo and gives up a lot, or maybe they will overpay for uscc, and pick up others.

I understand that the feds want 4, but if all that remains is 4 isn't that the same thing? If everyone gobbles up the little guys, someone loses out somewhere.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303874504579373242977741138?mg=reno64-wsj

Sprint is rethinking their decision about T-mobile which I agree with. I'd rather sprint/SoftBank use the money for expediting the spark rollout and coverage. Also maybe buy us cellular or cspire

• Like 12

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303874504579373242977741138?mg=reno64-wsjSprint is rethinking their decision about T-mobile which I agree with. I'd rather sprint/SoftBank use the money for expediting the spark rollout and coverage. Also maybe buy us cellular or cspire

They said that the deal may still happen, but executives are going to refine their strategy to make the most out of this deal.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303874504579373242977741138?mg=reno64-wsj

Sprint is rethinking their decision about T-mobile which I agree with. I'd rather sprint/SoftBank use the money for expediting the spark rollout and coverage. Also maybe buy us cellular or cspire

I know better than to read Craig Moffet quotes before my morning cup of coffee has kicked in.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 6

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/07/4806462/sprint-battles-against-the-odds.html

Here's more from Sprint's viewpoint. What is SoftBank going to do if they can't merge the two? It doesn't sound promising that they're talking like Son is getting cold feet.

• Like 1

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/02/07/4806462/sprint-battles-against-the-odds.html

Here's more from Sprint's viewpoint. What is SoftBank going to do if they can't merge the two? It doesn't sound promising that they're talking like Son is getting cold feet.

Good. This entire process has been a waste of delicate time. This is a good representation of how SprintyTmobile is trying to win over the FCC. 

I would be worried about if the deal gets shut down, how much is DT going to get in fee's? They got 4+ billion after ATT gave up. All of the Tmobile fanboys keep wanting sprint to go ahead with it and have a huge break up fee. But I think the wise decision would be to buy regional carriers.

• Like 1

I would be worried about if the deal gets shut down, how much is DT going to get in fee's? They got 4+ billion after ATT gave up. All of the Tmobile fanboys keep wanting sprint to go ahead with it and have a huge break up fee. But I think the wise decision would be to buy regional carriers.

That is one of my biggest fears. I don't want Sprint to infuse 4 billion into Tmobile. The last thing we need is for them to get that much money. At that point I would consider sprint screwed for a while. 4 Billion, enough to bring LTE and HSPA+ to edge sites? Very bad.

That is one of my biggest fears. I don't want Sprint to infuse 4 billion into Tmobile. The last thing we need is for them to get that much money. At that point I would consider sprint screwed for a while. 4 Billion, enough to bring LTE and HSPA+ to edge sites? Very bad.

Yeah that and DT might get greedy and want spectrum too. But I think I was reading it could be anywhere from 5-10 billion, but Son was trying to keep it around 2 billion given the stakes. Also that would give them money for upcoming auctions for spectrum. Spend that 45 billion on expansion, and spectrum.

• Like 1

As has been said before, if a deal is made, T-Mobile won't get a breakup deal like it did with AT&T.

• Like 1

I didn't mean cold feet on the merger. I meant cold feet on making continued investment in Sprint. I certainly hope that's not the case, but when I read between the lines, it doesn't sound like he's happy with Sprint's performance. That's good if he has the resolve to fix it. If he doesn't have the resolve to fix it that's bad.

• Like 1

As has been said before, if a deal is made, T-Mobile won't get a breakup deal like it did with AT&T.

I have just read so many mixed reports. But all is speculation right now, with no guarantees. It is unlikely that Son would pay a high breakup fee, but You never know until details are announced.