Softbank - New Sprint - Discussion

linhpham2

I just feel as far as "network deployment" there isn't really a sense of urgency with sprint. Main reason why people are abandoning the ship is because is mainly due to the network.

It's becoming a never ending struggle lol. I know for some of you you really don't care about it that much but for us Sprint reps it's hard because we constantly hear customers complain about their network experience and how sprint sucks etc.

Definitely going to pray tomorrow and hope we have some good news. Like spark will be fully deployed by end of this year haha

• Like 2

I look forward to the results. It'll be the first thing I check in the morning. 2 mil lost subs will be enough to keep son on an adrenaline power rush for the next year. There is no way he is going to lose out on a 21 billion dollar investment. And to my knowledge, was not tmobile losing subs for over 4 years straight if not more? Sprint will be fine. I look forward to tomorrow, and even more I look forward to what Son plans to do when the tmobile-sprint debacle falls through and Son has to do it the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just feel as far as "network deployment" there isn't really a sense of urgency with sprint. Main reason why people are abandoning the ship is because is mainly due to the network.

It's becoming a never ending struggle lol. I know for some of you you really don't care about it that much but for us Sprint reps it's hard because we constantly hear customers complain about their network experience and how sprint sucks etc.

Definitely going to pray tomorrow and hope we have some good news. Like spark will be fully deployed by end of this year haha

You're in a Shentel area.  You shouldn't have any problems selling service.  Do people really come in and say, "Yes, I can have the best LTE service throughout our region using Shentel/Sprint for an amazing price, but what if I travel?  I wanna make sure I can have Tmo EDGE everywhere I go!  Screw this Shentel network everywhere!  I want Magenta Tmo only within the city limits of Hagerstown!"

If you can't sell Sprint in your area, you shouldn't be in sales.

Robert

• Like 7

I am really curious to see what Mr. Son and company have up their sleeve with their announcement today.  I wonder if this is just smoke and mirrors.  I sure hope Sprint didn't expect a Sprint/Tmobile merger to be a walk in the park in terms of regulatory issues.  I think the FCC and the DOJ does like what it sees in how Tmobile has been shaking up the industry especially in what they did in FY 2013.   I think its only going to get harder and harder as time goes on especially if Tmobile starts gaining customers in Q1 and Q2 2014.  No mergers result in no casualties and I think the regulatory boards are afraid of a Sprint/Tmobile merger could kill the momentum and the Tmobile culture of being a consumer friendly carrier.   

It's a new source.  I was shocked.  Will see if it pans out.  But if AT&T, Verizon and Tmo all gained subscribers, where did they come from?  Only about 1/4 of them could be new to the market subscribers.

Robert

I thought they were a lot of tablets added to the aforementioned carriers.

You're in a Shentel area. You shouldn't have any problems selling service. Do people really come in and say, "Yes, I can have the best LTE service throughout our region using Shentel/Sprint for an amazing price, but what if I travel? I wanna make sure I can have Tmo EDGE everywhere I go! Screw this Shentel network everywhere! I want Magenta Tmo only within the city limits of Hagerstown!"

If you can't sell Sprint in your area, you shouldn't be in sales.

Robert

Lol I'm one of the top sales reps but majority of our customers work or commute to Frederick, MD on a daily basis so most of the complaints come from that area since it's pretty much 1x through out the county.

Yes thankfully I work and live in a Shentel area but sometimes it is hard to sell new service to new customers especially to the ones who follow the blogs and listen to the negative press.

If it's 2 million I expect lots and lots of heads to be rolling. I realize some execs heads have already rolled but if it is 2 million? I have the alarm set for tomorrow and I will be paying attention to the conference call. If it's that much of a loss NO ONE - not even Dan Hesse himself - is safe.

If it's 2 million I expect lots and lots of heads to be rolling. I realize some execs heads have already rolled but if it is 2 million? I have the alarm set for tomorrow and I will be paying attention to the conference call. If it's that much of a loss NO ONE - not even Dan Hesse himself - is safe.

when is the conference call tomorrow?

He might've been hinting at this a few weeks ago... 

Heads are going to roll. 

:roflmao:

AJ

He might've been hinting at this a few weeks ago... 

Heads are going to roll. 

:roflmao:

Wonder if Son will be in the US more or for an extended to take control until the executives get their act together.

New source.  We won't know if he's credible until the morning.   ;)

Robert

Stocks will tank tomorrow if 2 million is credible.  I am ready tomorrow morning to buy at least 25K shares of Sprint.   :ninja:  

• Like 3

Wonder if Son will be in the US more or for an extended to take control until the executives get their act together.

Trust me. He won't go to the US to take control of things and wait for the execs to get their act together. He's going to fire them and bring his own people and new blood to shake things up. Maybe he can get around to firing ericsson too...

• Like 6

Trust me. He won't go to the US to take control of things and wait for the execs to get their act together. He's going to fire them and bring his own people and new blood to shake things up. Maybe he can get around to firing ericsson too...

Maybe they can go ahead and announce firing of Ericsson too. :P
  • Like 3

Do you guys think Dan Hesse should really be fired? For some reason I hope they do keep him around but I don't know lol. I honestly haven't paid a much attention of his work at sprint so I don't really have an opinion of his "leadership"

I think Masa Son likes him as a leader. I think lots of other people could be in trouble though. I'm only going off the estimate thrown out that 360,000 customers defected. If it's more than that by a large number, who knows what could happen.

My opinion doesn't matter though. It's really only Mr. Son's opinion that counts.

You're a brave man. :)

Best time to invest long term. Didn't get a shot at Sprint when it was low $2. From mid 2014 and forward it's only going to grow. Spark is to change the prospective of Sprint being a slow network.

Price point next year $15 and $25 by 2016.

• Like 1

Son is a brave man. Just the fact of buying Sprint and in 6 months going after tmo shows how high his expectations are. I honestly think he thought his name or reputation alone would make sprint turn around and allow him to buy tmo. I believe he is finding out the hard way that things don't go as planned and there are other forces that don't want you to succeed.

I can't tell you the last time I saw a sprint commercial. Mr Son, it's time to roll up your sleeves and fight! Get a game plan and lets get going!

Maybe Hesse is a good guy but not the right fit anymore?

Sprint/son have got to get people to believe again- find a marketing campaign and get it rolling, start in areas that the new service is working well.

Iyad Tarazi should be given the axe in my opinion. All I heard from him was excuses the last time he was explaining why nv is so slow when they interviewed him on cnet. "If there was a silver bullet we would have found one" get that lame excuse out of here. There has to be many more executives that can do much better. I truly believe Robert and AJ would put him to shame.

I think Masa Son likes him as a leader. I think lots of other people could be in trouble though. I'm only going off the estimate thrown out that 360,000 customers defected. If it's more than that by a large number, who knows what could happen.

My opinion doesn't matter though. It's really only Mr. Son's opinion that counts.