All Sprint acquisition discussion (was "Japan's Softbank in talks for $12.8 bln Sprint stake")

kckid

As I mentioned earlier sprint is a done deal for softbank, and probably that's why softbank let sprint make it's move by suing clearwire. We all gonna watch how Son gonna bit Ergen in the final round.

As I mentioned earlier sprint is a done deal for softbank, and probably that's why softbank let sprint make it's move by suing clearwire. We all gonna watch how Son gonna bit Ergen in the final round.

Right I guess that's what happens when you fight dirty. Idk why dish won't pursue tmobile since DT is trying to leave the us market.

Charli wanted sprint and clearwire spectrum and their built network for cheap price. With tmobile he will have to spend more to expand the network and to acquire more airwaves.

• Like 1

Super secret!

From memory, they were 1) merge, 2) pay the fat cats more cash, 3) if not enough votes, wait for more votes

I will need to do this at some point.  I hope all of these votes finally mean something, considering I have piles of various shareholder vote forms from S and CLWR and a few others since this entire fiasco began.

Super secret!

From memory, they were 1) merge, 2) pay the fat cats more cash, 3) if not enough votes, wait for more votes

And anyone who reveals them is immediately put on double secret probation.

AJ

• Like 4

Looks like Dish is truly surrendering in the Sprint quest.  They are buying back some of their outstanding notes.  Presumably with the cash they had raised earlier this year.  

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-21/dish-to-abandon-unsolicited-bid-to-acquire-sprint-nextel.html?cmpid=yhoo

Nothing now but to wait for the FCC to give its blessing.

Edit:

Yes, they are redeeming the same debt they issued earlier this year.

Dish, in a regulatory statement today, didn’t specify why it was pulling out of the bidding. The Englewood, Colorado-based company said it would redeem $2.6 billion of bonds that it had issued in May in connection with its bid.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-21/dish-abandons-sprint-pursuit-to-pave-way-for-softbank-takeover.html?cmpid=yhoo

• Like 3

So it looks like all dish managed to accomplish is to make sprint and softbank use more of the capital paying off shareholders rather than investing in the business. I would be curious if that gets them there network partner they have been after the whole time.

So it looks like all dish managed to accomplish is to make sprint and softbank use more of the capital paying off shareholders rather than investing in the business. I would be curious if that gets them there network partner they have been after the whole time.

Well it could "week'n" a competitor if dish goes for tmobil.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Here's the transcript from the preliminary hearing on the Sprint suit against DISH and Clearwire. It probably doesn't matter any longer but I found it an interesting read.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/strine.pdf

Fascinating reading.

While the whole proceeding is now essentially moot, given Softbank/Sprint's increased tender offer, it is clear that the judge is outright telling Ergen's people that he will reject their so-called tender offer as fraudulent, should they be stupid enough to pursue it. He makes it crystal clear that that DISH's offer blatantly and without precedent violates Sprint's rights as the majority shareholder. His paraphrase of Orwell that DISH seeks to make "some pigs . . . more equal than others" is a real thigh-slapper. [Okay, I have a warped sense of humor.]

While not granting immediate relief to Sprint, he makes absolutely sure that Ergen knows that the DISH offer is doomed should Ergen try to proceed.

I would not want to be Ergen's lawyers, once Ergen finds out what the judge said.

• Like 7

Random but do you think sprint should revamp its plans after all the acquisitions go through. I know sprint has the best value plans on the market compared to its competition but at least it's competitors have different options. I would like for sprint to keep unlimited data but I would like to see them offer data cap plans (2GB) that will be cheaper than the 79.99

Also for family plans it would be cool if they can offer a 700 min everything data shared plan.

I believe we will see a revamped pricing structure that is similar to Tmobile's new plans( with subsidy included of course). I also believe Sprint will follow suit and bundle unlimited text and talking with their new plans.  

I believe it will be something along the lines of:  

the unlimited talk/text/.5-1Gb data for 60-70,

unlimited talk/text/1.5-2.5Gb data for 70-80,

and unlimited talk/text/data for 80-90.  

I also believe tethering will be included in the capped data plans.

I believe we will see a revamped pricing structure that is similar to Tmobile's new plans( with subsidy included of course). I also believe Sprint will follow suit and bundle unlimited text and talking with their new plans.  

I believe it will be something along the lines of:  

the unlimited talk/text/.5-1Gb data for 60-70,

unlimited talk/text/1.5-2.5Gb data for 70-80,

and unlimited talk/text/data for 80-90.  

I also believe tethering will be included in the capped data plans.

I don't see a future where tethering is included in any plans unless Masayoshi changes that (for which I would be grateful.)  I should start using the tethering add-on that I have been paying for though, It just seems all for nought when my coverage is generally spotty where I would wish to tether.

I don't see a future where tethering is included in any plans unless Masayoshi changes that (for which I would be grateful.)  I should start using the tethering add-on that I have been paying for though, It just seems all for nought when my coverage is generally spotty where I would wish to tether.

Do what I do, and only add the tethering option when you need it. If I need to tether, I'll add it to my account and then remove it when I'm done. Sprint will prorate it per day. Comes out to like $0.65/day for the 2gb option.

• Like 2

Do what I do, and only add the tethering option when you need it. If I need to tether, I'll add it to my account and then remove it when I'm done. Sprint will prorate it per day. Comes out to like $0.65/day for the 2gb option.

I use the same approach.  Works out pretty well.