Comments related to the NV Running List Thread

A little while back there was a map posted of enhanced coverage area for KC and around there but for the life of me i cant find it, even using the search button lol

edit: Nevermind, i found it (helps when i have faster internet)

First time poster and have a ? about the Baltimore market,the site's on Maryland's eastern shore are these going to be LTE site's or just 3g network vision site's.Thank's

First time poster and have a ? about the Baltimore market,the site's on Maryland's eastern shore are these going to be LTE site's or just 3g network vision site's.Thank's

Nearly every site will be getting 4G. Without looking at it, I would say yes they are getting the full upgrade.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Scott's right. Almost every Sprint CDMA site in the country will get LTE on 1900MHz. Even the East Shore. There are already a couple of Network Vision sites complete on the East Shore. One near Salisbury.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I live up in Earleville there are three tower's up here one in Cecilton one in Galena and one in Warwick all up for speed upgrade's in the next 6 month's what does that mean. Sprint site has said this for over two month's.

Edited by bcltoys

I live up in Earleville there are three tower's up here one in Cecilton one in Galena and one in Warwick all up for speed upgrade's in the next 6 month's what does that mean. Sprint site has said this for over two month's.

This means more backhaul will be added to the site. Usually two T1 lines are added to create more capacity and raise speeds.

Actually Sprint already has more then 1 t1 line at each of their cell sites. What they are putting in for 4g/3g is a type of circuit called IPAG (Internet Protocol Agragate Gateway. might have that slightly wrong will have to check later) These circuits are adjustable and capable of up to 1Gb/s but usually set for 100meg or less currently. They run to 2 10Gb/s to their serving offices.

Edited by Str8_Krazy

I know that it is not listed in the round 1 or 2 LTE deployments, but when is Pittsburgh going to get some NV love? if it is into 2013, should I wait for them to release LTE Advanced on the old nextel 800Mhz band and the new phones that will run on it in 2013?

When they launch the LTE network is it literally like hitting a switch? Do they remotely activate each site or do they have to manually send a crew out to turn them on? just a curiosity.

When they launch the LTE network is it literally like hitting a switch? Do they remotely activate each site or do they have to manually send a crew out to turn them on? just a curiosity.

Well if its like any of the other markets, they will activate all towers but BLOCK LTE access to all but a select few users that are testing the service. Then they will unblock them in clusters. I don't know this for fact, just based on everything I've been reading on this site.

From what i understand it is literally flipping a switch(few bits in the towers broadcast change stop indicating reserved status)

This goes along with a question i just posted in the help needed for network.sprint thread. basically about the status on their website and what can be deduced about LTE equipment on those sites. What would a network.sprint tower status say for a tower that is LTE ready?

From what i understand it is literally flipping a switch(few bits in the towers broadcast change stop indicating reserved status)

sorry i forgot to quote b4. Im still learning proper blog etiquette. Thanks for the quick answer.

sorry i forgot to quote b4. Im still learning proper blog etiquette. Thanks for the quick answer.

This is a forum, not a blog. That said, Sprint does not make any LTE information site by site publicly available. Definitely not on the network.sprint.com site for tower upgrades. Do not look there.

However, if you become a sponsor (see donate link) the private sponsor section has all the information you could ever want on LTE rollouts on a site by site basis.

Edited by AJColaSC
  • Like 4

Massive thanks to all those involved in desseminating this info! Will have to work up a donation.

Come on Vegas!

Edited by GetRealLV
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any recent word on Central Connecticut?

The map in this post http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-91-philadelphia-southern-connecticut-are-scheduled-to-be-in-the-second-round-of-sprint-network-visionlte-deployment-in-2012/ shows that what Sprint calls the Southern Connecticut market also includes some areas that could be considered "Central Connecticut" to some. Not sure where you are in relation to that map but it's worth a look. As pyroscott said, if you are outside of the areas in that map then you will be in 3rd or 4th round.

• Like 1

How on track is NV/LTE for the second round? And are they completely finishing one round before starting another?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

From the running list thread - http://s4gru.com/ind...t-running-list/

SECOND ROUND MARKETS (27):

Second round markets start based on First Round markets completing before them. There is a lot of variability of when Second Round markets start, between June/July 2012 and December 2012. It will all depend on how quickly the First Round market deployments go. Some preliminary work is being done in advance in these Second Markets as well. It's possible that if delays begin to occur in the First Round markets, NV OEM's may hire up additional subcontractors and get some key Second Round markets going

Well my fault for not reading everything completely. Laziness lol. Ok well in that case it doesn't look like the first round is anywhere near being complete...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2