HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

I've been searching around and found some posts mentioning to try remove sim card, so I did that (after finally finding something strong and thin enough to fit in the eject hole) and while it didnt seem to help at first, I was reading some more and it just powered on seemingly by it self.

Yep, SIM cards are the work of the devil known as GSM.

AJ

I'm just curious, did you stimulate the battery pull?

I messed with it all night holding every possible combination of buttons down.

yup.

What cases do you guys have? I am thinking of a commuter otterbox or a cruzerlite. I'm not too rough with my phones, more for scratches and the rare 5 foot drop on possible concrete.

I have the Double Dip Flip case from HTC, but I've been looking for a different case and it's nearly impossible to find in retail stores. I went to four different stores yesterday and they didn't have anything. It was ridiculous!

-Luis

What cases do you guys have? I am thinking of a commuter otterbox or a cruzerlite. I'm not too rough with my phones, more for scratches and the rare 5 foot drop on possible concrete.

I have the Double Dip Flip case from HTC, but I've been looking for a different case and it's nearly impossible to find in retail stores. I went to four different stores yesterday and they didn't have anything. It was ridiculous!

-Luis

I started with an Otterbox Commuter since I loved the one on my Evo LTE.  I liked it but for some reason not as much as I thought I would.  Maybe I was still getting used to the phone.  Then I got the Best Buy Platinum case (same as the Seidio Surface) and I like it more, but now I'm wanting something with a bit more protection.  I'm considering now the Incipio Dual Pro CF, but my concern with that is the silicone stretching out too much over time.  What stinks is like Luis said; it's hard to find any of this stuff in stores.  Something that probably would have been a 10 minute decision if I could compare them to takes a while since you're ordering stuff online.

I started with an Otterbox Commuter since I loved the one on my Evo LTE.  I liked it but for some reason not as much as I thought I would.  Maybe I was still getting used to the phone.  Then I got the Best Buy Platinum case (same as the Seidio Surface) and I like it more, but now I'm wanting something with a bit more protection.  I'm considering now the Incipio Dual Pro CF, but my concern with that is the silicone stretching out too much over time.  What stinks is like Luis said; it's hard to find any of this stuff in stores.  Something that probably would have been a 10 minute decision if I could compare them to takes a while since you're ordering stuff online.

My thoughts exactly, to be honest, I would have bought a case on the spot at this point I just want something else to exchange every now and then. These retail stores are honestly losing out on some money... Oh well, amazon it is then :P

-Luis

My thoughts exactly, to be honest, I would have bought a case on the spot at this point I just want something else to exchange every now and then. These retail stores are honestly losing out on some money... Oh well, amazon it is then :P

-Luis

I know there is 20% off accessories at sprint.com also(no need to buy two or more). I do like me some amazon though haha.

Who wants a Gold HTC ONE?

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/06/htc-one-gets-24ct-gold-plated-treatment-starting-at-2909/

I think it actually looks nice, a bit flashy though.

-Luis

Pretty crazy! Starting at 3k, what's the upgrade price? Haha :P

I know there is 20% off accessories at sprint.com also(no need to buy two or more). I do like me some amazon though haha.

Pretty crazy! Starting at 3k, what's the upgrade price? Haha :P

I think I just found the case I want. It's the UAG one, I loved the white one and it's everything I'm looking for in a case. I love the industrial design.

http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/htc-one/products/navigator-1

(I'll actually be getting it off Amazon cause it's cheaper :P)

-Luis

Who wants a Gold HTC ONE?

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/06/htc-one-gets-24ct-gold-plated-treatment-starting-at-2909/

I think it actually looks nice, a bit flashy though.

-Luis

They should have just gold plated the front as well.

I read about it a few years ago. Apparently the first set of OG EVOs were running a version of Android (2.0 ?), and a version of Sense that did not have an on-screen notification of WiMAX 4G, so HTC included a second LED light to let users know when the had 4G WiMAX signal.

As far as I know, the WiMAX LED was disabled on the EVO devices when the received the OTA to Gingerbread 2.3. I also believe that in the last run of OG EVO, they stopped including the WiMAX LED. My old OG EVO, that I bought in September of 2011 did not seem to have the second, WiMAX LED. I personally tried several methods to activate the second LED and none of the methods worked.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

This actually made me miss my OG EVO... I bought mine in December 2010 and can confirm that the WiMax LED was disabled, as I had use of WiMax from day 1 with that phone and never once saw that LED light up.

Two words.... Tri band

I'm assuming you are sticking to your lte evo until they come out. I'm just thinking the next htc phone won't be released until next year.

Well my upgrade isn't until January 1. I'm sticking it out until then my next phone most likely won't be an HTC phone. I say Tri band because I want a device that will utilize all of sprints bands. 800 for coverage in which I need for in building reception and 1900/2500 for capacity and speed. If you can wait a couple months it'll be worth it

In pretty sure that every flagship HTC device that is released from here on out well have them.

True, when do you think the next flagship is? Later this year for the rumored T6 if true, or sometime  in 2014?

I came across this article and I am curious as to if it would work for the Sprint variant. As HTC announced they would try to get Google Edition on early adopters of the One. Maybe those of you who are ROM experience can shed some light. The author even included the link to download the ROM.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/6/26/htc-releases-htc-one-google-edition2c-rom2c-and-htc-8xt-for-sprint.aspx