T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Looks like charlie is going after tmo now.http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/2452305-dish-moving-beyond-pay-television?source=email_rt_article_readmore&app=1&uprof=51

And att or Tmo buying freedompop???

Seekingalpha are opinion based. No facts other than when some numbers are posted but even at that they can be skewed at times.

Edited by cavendano

T-Mobile was just slapped with a $819k fine for hearing aid problems. http://www.fcc.gov/document/t-mobile-fined-819000-hearing-aid-compatibility-violations

What?!

I said T-Mobile was just hit with a hearing aid fine.

What?!

I said T-Mobile was just hit with a hearing aid fine!

Okay!

dave-chapelle-lil-jon-what.jpg

AJ

• Like 8

T-Mobile was just slapped with a $819k fine for hearing aid problems. http://www.fcc.gov/document/t-mobile-fined-819000-hearing-aid-compatibility-violations

It wasn't "just slapped". This fine was originally imposed on T-Mobile four years ago. The company repeatedly tried to fight it for years. In the end, they gave up and accepted the FCC's fine...

Wait, so T-Mobile's network is so bad that people need hearing aids just to use it?? :sarcasm: Edited by MkVsTheWorld

Another thought http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/2461825-deutsche-telekom-wants-out-of-t-mobile-and-now?source=email_rt_article_readmore&app=1&uprof=51

Maybe Son knew he was paying too much?? Possibly using the feds as an excuse. Forking over the cash then the integration of the 2... Someone might have said hold on...

It would seem likely that charlie would get in line, possibly swap some spectrum with Sprint?? If he can afford it??

Another thought http://m.seekingalpha.com/article/2461825-deutsche-telekom-wants-out-of-t-mobile-and-now?source=email_rt_article_readmore&app=1&uprof=51

Maybe Son knew he was paying too much?? Possibly using the feds as an excuse. Forking over the cash then the integration of the 2... Someone might have said hold on...

It would seem likely that charlie would get in line, possibly swap some spectrum with Sprint?? If he can afford it??

Loved this part:

An investment in T-Mobile has quickly become a gamble. The company does have appealing assets, but the suddenly competitive domestic wireless market could erode away some of the value. Not to mention, any lack of financing to bid competitively in the upcoming spectrum auctions will seriously hamper future growth.

Did you hear that? Sprint made the market suddenly competitive!

• Like 8

Loved this part:

An investment in T-Mobile has quickly become a gamble. The company does have appealing assets, but the suddenly competitive domestic wireless market could erode away some of the value. Not to mention, any lack of financing to bid competitively in the upcoming spectrum auctions will seriously hamper future growth."

Charlie probably won't take Tmo on his own.. The price war isn't something he would want to get into while battling with DirecTV.. If DirecTV /att merger goes charlie might go with a different mindset to masa. Charlie would need masa in a very big way$$$

Loved this part:

An investment in T-Mobile has quickly become a gamble. The company does have appealing assets, but the suddenly competitive domestic wireless market could erode away some of the value. Not to mention, any lack of financing to bid competitively in the upcoming spectrum auctions will seriously hamper future growth."

Charlie probably won't take Tmo on his own.. The price war isn't something he would want to get into while battling with DirecTV.. If DirecTV /att merger goes charlie might go with a different mindset to masa. Charlie would need masa in a very big way$$$

If Charlie is smart he would pair up with Masa and Marcelo. A Sprint and Dish partnership would be great and I honestly see the 3 of them working well together.

• Like 1

The next question would be could they survive with rock bottom prices here in the u.s. AND keep Tmo upgrades/expansions going..

I can't see charlie wanting a piece of that...but we will see..

***just a hunch- here it goes***

Is it possible DT doesn't want to sell to the French company??? Would it give them more power/$$/and scale to also help their phone company in Europe/France???

DT could be creating a problem for itself in Europe if Tmo continues to make money over here??...

Edited by dnicekid
  • Like 1

The next question would be could they survive with rock bottom prices here in the u.s. AND keep Tmo upgrades/expansions going..

I can't see charlie wanting a piece of that...but we will see..

Is it possible DT doesn't want to sell to the French company??? Would it give them more power/$$/and scale to also help their phone company in Europe/France???

DT could be creating a problem for itself in Europe if Tmo continues to make money over here??...

How would T-Mobile-US making more money over here be creating problems over in Europe. Last I heard, T-Mobile-US was not making money over here, so the point is moot.

No. What would Deutsche Telekom gain in France? It has no native wireless presence there.

AJ

Yea T-Mo isn't making money at all they are just losing money every year. The lower the cost for consumers the profits are not existent for T-Mo

If I recall, a certain other US carrier hasn't exactly been massively profitable either......

T-Mobile turned a profit in Q2 (a very small one) and turned an even smaller loss in Q1. As of right now, they still have a very small net profit this year.

More or less they are breaking even. Sprint is in nearly the same boat with very small profits for Q1 and Q2.

• Like 1

If I recall, a certain other US carrier hasn't exactly been massively profitable either......

T-Mobile turned a profit in Q2 (a very small one) and turned an even smaller loss in Q1. As of right now, they still have a very small net profit this year.

More or less they are breaking even. Sprint is in nearly the same boat with very small profits for Q1 and Q2.

Yea I know was just saying. Never said sprint isn't losing money. However I believe that Sprint has big potential for long term as for T-Mobile has no cash infusion and is in a tough spot since DT wants to leave the US market.

TMo's Q2 profit was entirely due to a one-time sale of spectrum. They showed an operating loss for the quarter.

• Like 2

I am sure Son studied T-Mobile's books very carefully and is now able to make better decisions how to fight them.

SSon can use that inside knowledge to Sprint's advantage

I doubt Son has seen financials beyond what's in 10-Q. The books only get opened upon a formal offer, and even then with an iron non-disclosure agreement probably. He'd be stupid to open himself to such a liability 

Yea I know was just saying. Never said sprint isn't losing money. However I believe that Sprint has big potential for long term as for T-Mobile has no cash infusion and is in a tough spot since DT wants to leave the US market.

Not like DT is showering TMUS with cash even now. They are used to taking all the profit back to Bonn, not giving it back

TMo's Q2 profit was entirely due to a one-time sale of spectrum. They showed an operating loss for the quarter.

Yeah because... 700Mhz spectrum doesn't come cheap, neither does LTE. Or EDGE upgrades after years of neglect. Some equipment is said to be 10 years old, old T-Mobile management ran everything on the cheap while all the billions went to Germany