T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

a5e4y7eb.jpg

Mr.Magenta in a yellow race car....a bit of foreshadowing? You can see the look of despair on his face.... #winning! He knows where the real speed is #Spark

Photo credit: @JohnLegere twitter page...

• Like 4

a5e4y7eb.jpg

Mr.Magenta in a yellow race car....a bit of foreshadowing? You can see the look of despair on his face.... #winning! He knows where the real speed is #Spark

That is one fugly sumabitch.

He looks like what Bruce Jenner would have looked like, had Bruce Jenner continued through manhood.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

a5e4y7eb.jpg

He looks like Ron Jeremy's less attractive slimy used car salesman older brother.

#ronjeremydouchebaglookalike

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

LMAO

You should have tweeted that response. lol

I did reply to that tweet...lol pretty much the same reply...Lmao

hey everyone i was wondering of the equipment tmobile was rolling out was multimode hspa+ lte equipement...if the knowledgeable staff would be able to answer :) i would greatly appreciate it

hey everyone i was wondering of the equipment tmobile was rolling out was multimode hspa+ lte equipement...if the knowledgeable staff would be able to answer :) i would greatly appreciate it

It's very well known that T-Mobile is rolling out new 2G/3G/4G multimode systems that support GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA+, and LTE simultaneously.

It's very well known that T-Mobile is rolling out new 2G/3G/4G multimode systems that support GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA+, and LTE simultaneously.

so that means when they flip the switch their hspa + and lte will be nationwide and what about capacity constraints

so that means when they flip the switch their hspa + and lte will be nationwide and what about capacity constraints

Huh? What nationwide switch are you talking about?

AJ

like lte and hspa+ where they have all edge

Hes saying it won't just be a "switch" and all the sudden they have nationwide LTE. It's a process. Sites are turned on as they are upgraded and back haul becomes available

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Wake me when that "switch" finally gets flipped. But I might have already died of old age.

AJ

• Like 1

Just like Sprint, T-Mobile already has commercially live nationwide LTE network.

Nationwide is on your side. Or is it? That word has such amorphous meaning.

AJ

Hes saying it won't just be a "switch" and all the sudden they have nationwide LTE. It's a process. Sites are turned on as they are upgraded and back haul becomes available

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Wake me when that "switch" finally gets flipped. But I might have already died of old age.

AJ

Please don't grow old and die. There is still much we have to learn from you.

• Like 3

Generally, T-Mobile is very good about rolling out backhaul to sites. They won't turn on LTE unless backhaul is good enough (though they will turn on UMTS regardless, because of the technological benefits). It doesn't take too long for T-Mobile to get backhaul upgraded to sites that have been modernized.

Generally, T-Mobile is very good about rolling out backhaul to sites. They won't turn on LTE unless backhaul is good enough (though they will turn on UMTS regardless, because of the technological benefits). It doesn't take too long for T-Mobile to get backhaul upgraded to sites that have been modernized.

As much as I like a number of things t-mobile has done, are you just speculating or is this indeed the case? I could swear that especially with the edge upgrading, it is being done on the cheap with either few back haul upgrades (keeping microwave, etc). The speed tests coming out of newly upgraded edge areas has been not nearly as fast as metro areas.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Generally, T-Mobile is very good about rolling out backhaul to sites. They won't turn on LTE unless backhaul is good enough (though they will turn on UMTS regardless, because of the technological benefits). It doesn't take too long for T-Mobile to get backhaul upgraded to sites that have been modernized. i hate to say it but i got a 243 megabyte update this morning that improved my device preformance and turned on the 700 Mghz capability and volte i get full signal from the tower which is a mile up the road

As much as I like a number of things t-mobile has done, are you just speculating or is this indeed the case? I could swear that especially with the edge upgrading, it is being done on the cheap with either few back haul upgrades (keeping microwave, etc). The speed tests coming out of newly upgraded edge areas has been not nearly as fast as metro areas.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Upgrades to coaxial or fiber-based connections are generally in progress from the moment a site is identified for upgrade. In the event that neither type is available, T-Mobile will construct a point-to-point microwave link to its closest coaxial/fiber node.

That being said, there are circumstances where upgrading the backhaul takes a ridiculously long time. For example, in Dothan, AL, T-Mobile had DC-HSPA+ online with only 3xTDM/T1 for about two years while it waited for CenturyLink (the only fiber provider in the area) to actually pump up fiber capacity and distribution to reach T-Mobile's sites. Of course, it wasn't supposed to take two years, but this is CenturyLink, after all. This was finally resolved last year, and T-Mobile quickly switched on LTE afterward.

• Like 1

i hate to say it but i got a 243 megabyte update this morning that improved my device preformance and turned on the 700 Mghz capability and volte i get full signal from the tower which is a mile up the road

No you didn't.  :busted:

• Like 1