T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Uh, no, hell no. The pink on pink color scheme just makes T-Mobile that much more effeminate. And the damn address entry pop in window will not get out of the way. Not to mention, the separate GSM and W-CDMA maps are gone.

I will be happy in the next few years when the T-Mobile brand ends its decade long stay in North America -- just as long as neither AT&T nor VZW is doing the deed.

AJ

They probably got too many calls about the oases of green in desert of yellow.

Uh, no, hell no. The pink on pink color scheme just makes T-Mobile that much more effeminate. And the damn address entry pop in window will not get out of the way. Not to mention, the separate GSM and W-CDMA maps are gone.

I will be happy in the next few years when the T-Mobile brand ends its decade long stay in North America -- just as long as neither AT&T nor VZW is doing the deed.

AJ

Just went to

http://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/pcc.aspx/

on my iphone and its still the green, yellow gsm, WCDMA of yore.

AJ
I totally don't get why you want to go from 4 to 3 carriers yet you also want to have 30+ carriers.
4 carriers on equal footing is the bomb!

? Edited by WiWavelength

I totally don't get why you want to go from 4 to 3 carriers yet you also want to have 30+ carriers.

I said nothing to favor contraction from four national operators down to three.  You assume too much.

I said that I will be pleased when the froufrou T-Mobile brand goes away.  And it will happen in the next few years, as Deutsche Telekom sells off its stake to shareholders, then takes its functional, Teutonic name but effeminate color scheme back to Europe.

No, rebranding and consolidation are not one and the same.  I am not sure how many of you are old enough to remember when AT&TWS launched its "mLife" campaign about a dozen years ago.  AT&TWS had been spun off from AT&T; it was a separately traded company and was reportedly soon going to lose its rights to the AT&T name.  So, the "mLife" campaign hinted at a new brand -- maybe even "mLife" was going to be the new name.  But once Vodafone and Cingular got into a bidding war for AT&TWS, the rebranding issue became moot.

End of history lesson...

AJ

Hmm...VoiceStream? Nope, too much data.

Towerstream? Nope, already taken.

CellularOne? Nope, TMo owns like two cellular licenses.

PowerTel? Maybe...sounds too much like Nextel though.

metroPCS? Well...they do have the rights to the name, and everyone knows that their subscriber proportion drops like a rock outside urban areas...

Hmm...VoiceStream? Nope, too much data.

Towerstream? Nope, already taken.

CellularOne? Nope, TMo owns like two cellular licenses.

PowerTel? Maybe...sounds too much like Nextel though.

metroPCS? Well...they do have the rights to the name, and everyone knows that their subscriber proportion drops like a rock outside urban areas...

Yep, I liked the VoiceStream name and brand back in the day.  But "voice" is no longer that relevant.

MetroPCS is practically apropos for T-Mobile.  Just change it to "MetroAWS" -- and there you go.

AJ

• Like 3

T-Metro and the punchline should be, "Because that's the only place that you MIGHT be able to use our service!"

We only guarantee service in the top 100 markets. Screw everyone else you can stay on 2G forever.

T-Metro and the punchline should be, "Because that's the only place that you MIGHT be able to use our service!"

We only guarantee service in the top 100 markets. Screw everyone else you can stay on 2G forever.

I betcha Sprint customers would currently LOOOVE to have working service in the top 100 markets  :P

Edited by bluespruce1901
  • Like 2

Does anyone know how to modify the javascript - or whatever - on Tmobile's coverage website

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-coverage

to make it so that you can see the green/wcdma vs yellow/gsm at the zoomed out level?

The zooming requirement is because the map is raster-rendered rather than vector rendered. Same problem as Sprint's coverage map. If you activate the granular coverage markers at that level, it breaks.

• Like 1

Not even the color scheme. I think that their new website is just way more practical. I wish Sprint would just do a Google maps based map like T-Mobile. It's so much faster and although I'm sure it is exaggerated as well it is more aesthetically pleasing to me that coverage isn't rounded out at the edge as Sprint's map shows.

If each of the carriers could agree upon one type of map, that would be great. I think it is such a hassle to use Sprint's maps, that I just resort to Sensorly 95% of the time.

• Like 2

AJ

Keep on dreamin aj

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Keep on dreamin aj

Not a dream.  You can count on it.  Deutsche Telekom will exit the American market in the next few years, taking its T-Mobile brand along with it.  The operator that was T-Mobile may remain under a different brand, or it may be acquired.

AJ

And what exactly, good Sir, is wrong with being effeminate?

Nothing is wrong with a person being effeminate.  But it is not a strong characteristic for a wireless operator.

AJ

• Like 1

Nothing is wrong with a person being effeminate.  But it is not a strong characteristic for a wireless operator.

AJ

T-Mobile is a business; I have a hard time assigning personified traits to it like "Masculine" or "Feminine".

And besides, Pink is a manly color. It's the color of YOUR CLOTHES after they've been SOAKED IN THE BLOOD OF YOUR ENEMIES.

Ahem. Sorry.

Yep, I liked the VoiceStream name and brand back in the day.  But "voice" is no longer that relevant.

MetroPCS is practically apropos for T-Mobile.  Just change it to "MetroAWS"-- and there you go.

AJ

There's also SunCom, Aerial, Omnipoint, etc. etc.

T-Mobile is a business; I have a hard time assigning personified traits to it like "Masculine" or "Feminine".

And besides, Pink is a manly color. It's the color of YOUR CLOTHES after they've been SOAKED IN THE BLOOD OF YOUR ENEMIES.

Ahem. Sorry.

The color has historically been a color of power, thus masculine. Just as purple has been.

The color has historically been a color of power, thus masculine. Just as purple has been.

Maybe in Germany.  But Germans also love David Hasselhoff.

:P

AJ

• Like 6

Not a dream. You can count on it. Deutsche Telekom will exit the American market in the next few years, taking its T-Mobile brand along with it. The operator that was T-Mobile may remain under a different brand, or it may be acquired.

AJ

Do you have a list of realistic buyers of DT's 74%?

Do you have a list of realistic buyers of DT's 74%?

Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, the US government, CenturyLink, even Dish. Anyone of them have the realistic reasons to buy DT's 74% of T-Mobile US. However, AT&T and Verizon should not be allowed as it would be too anti-competitive to do so.

Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, the US government, CenturyLink, even Dish. Anyone of them have the realistic reasons to buy DT's 74% of T-Mobile US. However, AT&T and Verizon should not be allowed as it would be too anti-competitive to do so.

AT&T-Mobile round 2? It would be funny to see AT&T try again lol

• Like 1