SignalCheck - Android app to monitor your Wi-Fi/2G/3G/4G LTE/5G-NR signal strengths

mikejeep

Notification ticker for scp shows "lte" but when you open the app it says b41

Please send me a diagnostic report (About > Send Diagnostics) the next time you see that; please include your username or e-mail and a brief mention why you are sending the report so I can keep track of it properly. Thanks!

-Mike

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-03-27-17-44-35.png

Please send me a diagnostic report (About > Send Diagnostics) the next time you see that; please include your username or e-mail and a brief mention why you are sending the report so I can keep track of it properly. Thanks!

-Mike

Lack of a reported GCI the issue?

Lack of a reported GCI the issue?

It might be a contributing factor.. but even so, if it's showing B41 in the provider name, it should be showing it on the icon as well. I'm not sure why it would show on one and not the other.

In other news, guess who might have finally gotten a Lollipop test environment working.. and already fixed the Alerts.. ;)

-Mike

• Like 5

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-03-27-17-44-35.png

Mike,

My neighbor got a Chromecast and when he checked for offers, he got a $6 Google Play credit which I made him spend part of on SCP. He uses a Boost Mobile LG Volt.

He has the same issue as above. His PLMN number for Boost is the same, 311870. I don't recall if his was showing on B41 or B25 when I saw it (we're in IBEZ so no B26), but I'd be happy to make him contribute any info you may need. In short, Boost Mobile is reporting a different PLMN than postpaid Sprint.

My neighbor got a Chromecast and when he checked for offers, he got a $6 Google Play credit which I made him spend part of on SCP. He uses a Boost Mobile LG Volt.

He has the same issue as above. His PLMN number for Boost is the same, 311870. I don't recall if his was showing on B41 or B25 when I saw it (we're in IBEZ so no B26), but I'd be happy to make him contribute any info you may need. In short, Boost Mobile is reporting a different PLMN than postpaid Sprint.

Thanks for spreading the word! I believe that Boost uses 311870 (and Virgin Mobile uses 311490); he should see Boost Mobile displayed instead of Clearwire though, the app checks for that. Is the app showing him Clearwire?

-Mike

-Mike

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2015-03-27-17-44-35.png

I encountered this issue on my Nexus 5.

Sent diagnostics

I encountered this issue on my Nexus 5.

Sent diagnostics

I'm a dummy, the information I need is not currently reported on the diagnostic screen. I've made some changes that will be included in the next update. Please send another report after that. Should hopefully be soon, I'm testing out yet another attempt to fix the duplicate GCI mess..

-Mike

• Like 1

What's the best way to backup my site notes so I can import them to another device

The export feature in the app, it dumps a copy of your logs to the signal check folder. You can then connect to a computer of your choice and drag and drop them where ever you so chose.

The export feature in the app, it dumps a copy of your logs to the signal check folder. You can then connect to a computer of your choice and drag and drop them where ever you so chose.

Awesome, thanks

What's the best way to backup my site notes so I can import them to another device

Go to Logs > Backup Log Database on your current device, and that will save a timestamped sqlite .db in the SignalCheck/ folder in your device's default storage location. Copy that file over to your other device. On that other device, go to Logs > Import Log Database, and locate the file.

The "Export" option will produce a comma-separated file that you can use as you please, but the "Backup" option is more appropriate if you want to copy the database to another device or back it up. I'm considering renaming some of those options to clarify this.

-Mike

• Like 1

The "Export" option will produce a comma-separated file that you can use as you please, but the "Backup" option is more appropriate if you want to copy the database to another device or back it up. I'm considering renaming some of those options to clarify this.

-Mike

I forget about the backup option because I only use export since I use my logs for more than just swapping devices.

Any updates on the notification sound being fixed?

Fixed? Alerts are intentionally disabled on Lollipop because they cause non-stop force closes, but if you are referring to something else, please let me know.

Lollipop progress has been derailed a bit because somehow when I upgraded my N5 to do some testing, I lost most (but not all) of the files on my N5. No idea what happened. Still working on it as time allows..

-Mike

• Like 2

Fixed? Alerts are intentionally disabled on Lollipop because they cause non-stop force closes, but if you are referring to something else, please let me know.

Lollipop progress has been derailed a bit because somehow when I upgraded my N5 to do some testing, I lost most (but not all) of the files on my N5. No idea what happened. Still working on it as time allows..

-Mike

Ah! I never knew that, thought it was more so of a bug.

Thanks for explaining!

• Like 1

-Mike

bummer :(

Hey mike did you see the email i sent you?

bummer :(

Hey mike did you see the email i sent you?

Yeah. No clue what happened.. still trying to get it resolved. The phone works, but all of my stuff is gone. I saw you sent me a message the other day but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. In better news, a new beta is out! Slow progress, but progress..

-Mike

• Like 2

Ran into an interesting case in Indy. The GCI ends in 03 but it is 2nd carrier according to the eng. screen.

[pic]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Samsung markets use 00, 01, and 02 for the 1st carrier and 03, 04, and 05 for the second carrier. Because other vendors use 01, 02, and 03 for 1st carrier, SignalCheck doesn't show 2nd carrier when the GCI ends in 03.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Samsung markets use 00, 01, and 02 for the 1st carrier and 03, 04, and 05 for the second carrier. Because other vendors use 01, 02, and 03 for 1st carrier, SignalCheck doesn't show 2nd carrier when the GCI ends in 03.

It could show 03 as 2nd carrier. If you check the gci to see if it's samsung. Because samsung markets start with 076-0B9.

Is "unknown" a new feature? Latest beta.

Yes, testing it out.. so far in my testing, the "Unknown" values only seem to appear with a 0 dB strength, but I'm hoping that some of those Samsung folks who can't see PCIs might see valid signal readings. I will probably have it hide Unknown/0 dB readings but I wanted to see how it panned out in testing.

Exactly.. thanks!

It could show 03 as 2nd carrier. If you check the gci to see if it's samsung. Because samsung markets start with 076-0B9.

Yep, I just haven't finished implementing that yet. I have your messages and it's on my list.. you should see the second carrier indicator on sectors 04 and 05 though.

-Mike

• Like 1