What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

I am guilty as well lol. And my dad is the pastor

I run IT for our church. I'm often in the sound/video booth. I end up seeing several services and do the video editing. So I usually don't feel too bad playing on my phone occasionally. ;)

Posted via Forum Runner

I run IT for our church. I'm often in the sound/video booth. I end up seeing several services and do the video editing. So I usually don't feel too bad playing on my phone occasionally. ;)

Posted via Forum Runner

I sit behind the camera when I'm at church. I haven't learned video editing yet. But I hope to soon. And there is no time for playing on the phone when behind the camera. My pastor likes moving back and forth on the platform.

I sit behind the camera when I'm at church. I haven't learned video editing yet. But I hope to soon. And there is no time for playing on the phone when behind the camera. My pastor likes moving back and forth on the platform.

Ours does too. I swear he watches me to see if I'm looking away for a second. And then bolts across the stage. :lol:

Posted via Forum Runner

Ours does too. I swear he watches me to see if I'm looking away for a second. And then bolts across the stage. :lol:

Posted via Forum Runner

:rofl:

I was playing around with changing servers today to one closer to Visalia and I hit 8860 down and 1481 up (with a peak of around 1800 up). And that was with 159 ms ping and 2 bars of Sprint 4G. Next best test was 7583 down. 3G speeds in Visalia still suck with 300 k down even at 1 am, but at least it's consistent through the day and night now.

Love LTE... that's all I can say...

This is during lunch hour where Sprint runs under 10 kbps frequently due to the density of the office buildings here- LTE has so much better scalability-- I think all networks will be much better.

153710745.png

• Like 1

This is during lunch hour where Sprint runs under 10 kbps frequently due to the density of the office buildings here- LTE has so much better scalability-- I think all networks will be much better.

153710745.png

Very nice. Thank goodness I pick up the Wimax Protection site in Baton Rouge. Without it, I wouldn't be able to watch March Madness at my desk. :lol:

• Like 2

New to the forum but lurking the site for some time - happy to hear that the OC is on the list for 2012, but I'm highly skeptical of what it really means. I bought into the whole 4G ballyhoo with the OG Evo and have been so disappointed in it that I've been pondering a move to Verizon.

Where I live is supposed to be covered by 4G according to Sprint's maps, but I require the use of an Airave just to get a semi decent signal in my own home (and I mean maybe 2-3 bars vs 0 bars). 4G in my city seems to consist of one major street and it's awesome when you are on that street. But I can barely pull a 3G signal inside the Denny's that is ON THAT STREET, even sitting in a window booth not 20 feet from the street itself. I watched a speed test go from 7MBPS down to timing out in a span of walking from my car in the lot to the restaurant. My office is barely any better, with zero 4G and a barely usable 3G signal (and forget trying to check FB from the cr_pper where my phone goes to ROAMING for crying out loud!).

Sitting at my desk right now i pulled this whopper:

877ms ping / 53kbps up / timed out...oops I dropped to 1X.

retest on 3G again

407ms ping / 124kbps up / 21kbps down.....how exactly is this premium data again??

4G was even non-existent in the Sprint Store where I upgraded my family's phones a while back and they guys there had no clue about when/if it would get any better. I plan to stop by the newly opened store which is right off the 4G street tonight to see if it's any better there.

My upgrade is due and I'm holding off for the LTE roll out to hit - and if it's anything like the current WIMAX fiasco I will absolutely be saying ta ta to Sprint and heading to Verizon. I feel like I've dumped hundreds of dollars down the drain for "premium data" that I basically can only access via WiFi in my home and 4G that's now obsolete before it was ever even realistic for use in my area.

153710745.png

Makes my speeds look slow.

a6fa60b8-5cab-91db.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

New to the forum but lurking the site for some time - happy to hear that the OC is on the list for 2012, but I'm highly skeptical of what it really means. I bought into the whole 4G ballyhoo with the OG Evo and have been so disappointed in it that I've been pondering a move to Verizon.

Where I live is supposed to be covered by 4G according to Sprint's maps, but I require the use of an Airave just to get a semi decent signal in my own home (and I mean maybe 2-3 bars vs 0 bars). 4G in my city seems to consist of one major street and it's awesome when you are on that street. But I can barely pull a 3G signal inside the Denny's that is ON THAT STREET, even sitting in a window booth not 20 feet from the street itself. I watched a speed test go from 7MBPS down to timing out in a span of walking from my car in the lot to the restaurant. My office is barely any better, with zero 4G and a barely usable 3G signal (and forget trying to check FB from the cr_pper where my phone goes to ROAMING for crying out loud!).

Sitting at my desk right now i pulled this whopper:

877ms ping / 53kbps up / timed out...oops I dropped to 1X.

retest on 3G again

407ms ping / 124kbps up / 21kbps down.....how exactly is this premium data again??

4G was even non-existent in the Sprint Store where I upgraded my family's phones a while back and they guys there had no clue about when/if it would get any better. I plan to stop by the newly opened store which is right off the 4G street tonight to see if it's any better there.

My upgrade is due and I'm holding off for the LTE roll out to hit - and if it's anything like the current WIMAX fiasco I will absolutely be saying ta ta to Sprint and heading to Verizon. I feel like I've dumped hundreds of dollars down the drain for "premium data" that I basically can only access via WiFi in my home and 4G that's now obsolete before it was ever even realistic for use in my area.

Welcome! :welc:

Hope to see you around S4GRU some more in the near future.

- Robert

Looks like according to the network upgrade site they removed the future upgrade to fix the tower that covers the entire downtown area and all the state office buildings.

This tower is working great, right!? Time to fire off some emails and get some credits on my bill.

Love that ping!

6b1edef1-38dd-f3b0.jpg

Looks like according to the network upgrade site they removed the future upgrade to fix the tower that covers the entire downtown area and all the state office buildings.

This tower is working great, right!? Time to fire off some emails and get some credits on my bill.

Love that ping!

6b1edef1-38dd-f3b0.jpg

Thats what I'm talking about there!! +1K ping times are the norm here during the day once ppl wake up and all...I will say though yesterday when I ran tests I noticed my ping was much lower than normal for that time and was down to around 2-300ms BUT still was getting the sub 200kbps DL speeds and only 25kbps for UL...bout to send off an email and see if that is the result of the bundled T1 being connected finally...yaaaaa for lower ping? lol

2 second plus ping times. That's just crazy. Slow satellite pings are faster than that.

Posted via Forum Runner

Love that ping!

6b1edef1-38dd-f3b0.jpg

Wonder how well the Qchat PTT service works with that ping? This, sadly, is typical of Sprint's 3G speed in Greater Baton Rouge for the past 22 months....

BTW, Verizon still offers anymobile anytime and unlimited texting in BR...

Wonder how well the Qchat PTT service works with that ping? This, sadly, is typical of Sprint's 3G speed in Greater Baton Rouge for the past 22 months....

BTW, Verizon still offers anymobile anytime and unlimited texting in BR...

yup been getting those pings for a long long time here too...

And those lower pings I had were just a result of people getting up later today I guess b/c now at 5pm I am back to typical 1700ms ping with 73kbps DL speeds. lol

can't wait for backhaul! :)

• Like 1