What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

Yuck. You need an airrave

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I have an airave, but at these WiFi speeds, forget about it!

photo1-1.png

I live out in the middle of nowhere, Sprint tells me I have "Full Bars and Best Coverage" .....I can't get Cable, I'm stuck with crappy DSL and thats the fast package...

I actually live 1.6 miles away from time warner cable :( ...I could have 25 mb down and like 15 up from VZW LTE, but 5mb def wont cut it for home internet...i would have a $200 bill for just the internet, ill stick with this...

I actually live 1.6 miles away from time warner cable :( ...I could have 25 mb down and like 15 up from VZW LTE, but 5mb def wont cut it for home internet...i would have a $200 bill for just the internet, ill stick with this...

$200 is way too much for internet...

$200 is way too much for internet...

Oh yeah, it would be that in overages though...I remember a time, when (useable, not sprint) data was unlimited...what happened to thoes times?

Sent from my awesome iPhone 4S using Tapatalk!

Oh yeah, it would be that in overages though...I remember a time, when (useable, not sprint) data was unlimited...what happened to thoes times?

Verizon isn't always that fast. This is LTE at good signal.

a6fa6103-9812-a9ed.jpg

I'd take that over my internet, plus there is an lte Verizon tower near my house, and no one out here knows what lte is..last Time I looked it was at about 30 Mbps down and 15 Mbps up

Just did these test. Had an open ticket since april '11. Ticket team said they add capacity to the tower. I use to get a constant 300-400kbps, now it ranges from 50kbps-1.2mbps. Off hours it looks nice.

47bb333d-d92e-a500.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I actually called them about it because before 2012 I was using the Sprint network fine in my house. Then the data speeds dropped down to nothing, and calling and texting became slow / nonexistent. Now nothing works in my house, and I have noticed that a lot more people in my area is switching to Sprint...maybe thats to blame. I don't know lets see if the second ticked of the year will help something.

Yuck. You need an airrave

No... he needs a new carrier. Who in their right mind would get an Airave hotspot or whatever from ANY carrier they know won't bother to cover their home and keep that carrier beyond a current contract? Clearly, they need to select another carrier (national or regional) who DOES actually support their environs. The Airave is an admission of poor coverage-- plain and simple.

Feel bad for you... while I hate city life, I like these speeds.

4053d97b-92b9-fe91.jpg

I'd call Verizon to check the tower ASAP. Lte is always 12-15 mbps upload from my experience-- I've never seen an upload that slow.

Verizon isn't always that fast. This is LTE at good signal.

a6fa6103-9812-a9ed.jpg

You must have some serious load in your area. I've never seen the Lte speeds below about 15/12 mbps nor the pings above 70 ms. I know that Verizon plans 3 passes over areas to progressively thicken and enhance coverage after the initial market rollouts.

No... he needs a new carrier. Who in their right mind would get an Airave hotspot or whatever from ANY carrier they know won't bother to cover their home and keep that carrier beyond a current contract? Clearly, they need to select another carrier (national or regional) who DOES actually support their environs. The Airave is an admission of poor coverage-- plain and simple.

He has good speeds on his roof. Which would lead me to believe that it might be good around the area. Sometimes coverage doesn't penetrate buildings well. Even Verizon with their "superior building penetration" drops off significantly when I walk into my house. I never experienced that with Sprint. An airave is not an admission of poor coverage in every instance. My coworker has Verizon service everywhere but in his house. He can step outside and have coverage, but as soon as he goes inside, poof, gone. He asked Verizon for whatever they call their gadget, network extender or something, and they told him that he would have to pay $200 for it. Now he is looking at AT&T.

Also the screenshot of 25mbps down and 1mbps up was on Wi-Fi. I don't know why my cable internet governs my upload speeds like that... maybe to discourage people from hosting torrent files or something

You must have some serious load in your area. I've never seen the Lte speeds below about 15/12 mbps nor the pings above 70 ms. I know that Verizon plans 3 passes over areas to progressively thicken and enhance coverage after the initial market rollouts.

I live in a college town, I think we are bringing up the percentage of LTE phones for Verizon. I know a local guy (on grandfathered unlimited) that used to get over 30 mbps all the time, but over the last couple months, his speed has gone down to what I currently get. I hope they thicken and enhance, but if I continue to get what I am getting now, I would be fine with it. I use my Wi-Fi in the house, don't stream video, and am on tiered anyway. If my speeds were faster, I would just burn through my alloted data faster. I don't need screaming fast speeds, just usable speeds. That was my reason for leaving Sprint. When I can't even load a website in 5 minutes, and 1xRTT is an improvement in speed, sorry that doesn't cut the mustard.

I'd call Verizon to check the tower ASAP. Lte is always 12-15 mbps upload from my experience-- I've never seen an upload that slow.

You probably have better spacing. LTE speeds are much more dependent on signal strength. Based on FIT testing reports I've been reading LTE top speeds halve between -80dBm and -90dBm. And they halve again between -90dBm and -100dBm. And then they fall off a cliff above -100dBm.

And even though it sounds horrible, all this halving of speeds, the throughout is so greatly improved that the speeds are still really fantastic.

For instance, in Sprint 5x5 LTE testing, signals better than -80dBm are between 12Mbps to 30Mbps in testing. But between -80dBm and -90dBm, speeds are between 6Mbps and 12Mbps, and between -90dBm and -100dBm speeds are between 3Mbps and 6Mbps.

Once you get worse than -100dBm, results are highly variable to non existent. Depending on other factors, most specifically other users, the system may shed you completely to save performance for everyone else. You may get handed off to EVDO. But if the Mac Index is low, it may allow you to keep a paltry 1Mbps to 2Mbps speeds.

After saying all that, Scott may not have the signal that you do where he is at. Scott, what is your LTE dBm?

Robert

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

After saying all that, Scott may not have the signal that you do where he is at. Scott, what is your LTE dBm?

After I posted all that, I thought "oh I should have checked the dBm when I did the speed test". I will check when I get home.

You probably have better spacing. LTE speeds are much more dependent on signal strength. Based on FIT testing reports I've been reading LTE top speeds halve between -80dBm and -90dBm. And they halve again between -90dBm and -100dBm. And then they fall off a cliff above -100dBm.

And even though it sounds horrible, all this halving of speeds, the throughout is so greatly improved that the speeds are still really fantastic.

For instance, in Sprint 5x5 LTE testing, signals better than -80dBm are between 12Mbps to 30Mbps in testing. But between -80dBm and -90dBm, speeds are between 6Mbps and 12Mbps, and between -90dBm and -100dBm speeds are between 3Mbps and 6Mbps.

Once you get worse than -100dBm, results are highly variable to non existent. Depending on other factors, most specifically other users, the system may shed you completely to save performance for everyone else. You may get handed off to EVDO. But if the Mac Index is low, it may allow you to keep a paltry 1Mbps to 2Mbps speeds.

Robert

Robert, Roberto, Admin, Hey You! Its all good! But this was posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Could be so-- I always get in upper 20s to 40 down at my office with a -63dBm LTE signal. The LTE signal here is pretty steady, but the eHRPD/CDMA signal starts at -58 dBm early in the morning and drops to -75 dBm in rush hour afternoons, but the 3G speeds stay around 2 mbps. Right now, I have -68 CDMA / -63 LTE-- no worries.

Could be so-- I always get in upper 20s to 40 down at my office with a -63dBm LTE signal. The LTE signal here is pretty steady, but the eHRPD/CDMA signal starts at -58 dBm early in the morning and drops to -75 dBm in rush hour afternoons, but the 3G speeds stay around 2 mbps. Right now, I have -68 CDMA / -63 LTE-- no worries.

Yeah, EVDO stays relatively steady into the nineties, then halves between -100dBm and -104dBm. Then -106dBm and beyond is no mans land. Sometimes it works OK, sometimes its worthless. Of course, these are in FITs, which have ideal backhaul, etc.

Robert

My speeds are usually in the 0 to 300kbs range down and 0 to 150 up from home, even with a good signal level.

Yesterday afternoon I tried to check something while in the parking lot near City Hall in Lakewood, WA 98499 and got this:

sprint_lakewood_sig_21MAR12.jpg

Yesterday, at another location 3 miles away from that I got 1.3Mbs down and 0.85mbs up.

As you can see, it varies. ;)

My speeds are usually in the 0 to 300kbs range down and 0 to 150 up from home, even with a good signal level.

Yesterday afternoon I tried to check something while in the parking lot near City Hall in Lakewood, WA 98499 and got this:

Yesterday, at another location 3 miles away from that I got 1.3Mbs down and 0.85mbs up.

As you can see, it varies. ;)

Ouch!