What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

Weird. They show up on my computer.

I'll just post the box.com share links.

http://www.box.com/s...gj40d6eu5jrov3o

http://www.box.com/s...hjn043csa82omc3

http://www.box.com/s...850bg4otavldkv6

Dropbox shouldn't be password protecting my files unless they weren't in my public folder. I'll have to check it out later.

Wow, these are actually usable speeds for you. As for the images, some servers will not allow images to be hotlinked. They may do that if the sell advertising and want people to be able to see it.

• Like 1

That might be, but I've never had problems with drop box before. And box.com gives me 50GB for free but if I want direct linking to stored files that will cost me money. :td:

How I wish it was late night all the time.

2am average speeds

b8d2e4f5-81d1-28b7.jpg

And here are my average 6am speeds.

b8d2e4f5-8207-70ba.jpg

Too bad that from there they drop like a rock to 150kbps or lower in just a few hours.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Welp, the tower that was upgraded near me recently that had 2Mbps....

n45jj.jpg

How can I tell what channel I am on?

If you're running HTC Sense ROM, dial ##DEBUG# (##33284#), you don't have to press call. You'll be able to see 1x and EVDO channels under their respective engineering screens along with the sector ID and PN (pseudo-random noise code). More importantly, you'll see the EVDO SNR or Ec/Io ratio and the MAC index, which tells you how many concurrent users are on your sector.

If you're on a Moto, dial ##PROGRAM (##7764726) and press call. You'll need your SPC (MSL) code, which is specific to your phone and account. Sprint may give it to you by dialing *2 and asking nicely or making them reprovision your phone claiming you have no data-- that six digit code is required to reprovision. Otherwise, CDMA workshop or QPST may can dig it out hooked up to a computer.

• Like 1

Just briefly checked on my 3D and somehow the data rate for evdo shows 500kbps which is bs right now bc I couldn't pull that speed if I wanted to this time of day.

Channel #325 MAC index showed 99 wad 108 a min ago though, and channel per showed a bunch of diff numbers rotating through...

Raleigh,nc at its finest lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Just briefly checked on my 3D and somehow the data rate for evdo shows 500kbps which is bs right now bc I couldn't pull that speed if I wanted to this time of day.

Channel #325 MAC index showed 99 wad 108 a min ago though, and channel per showed a bunch of diff numbers rotating through...

Raleigh,nc at its finest lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

When I was on Sprint in BR, my MAC index ran around 120 - 125 (about the same as the data speeds-- LOL). On Verizon, if I force it to 3G, it shows 6-12-- I've never seen it go above 12 MAC users per channel on VZW. Channel PER is the packet error rate on the channel-- the higher it gets, the crappier the data. The requested data rate on the DEBUG screen is the DRC index data rate your phone is requesting at that time-- it'll bounce around depending upon your signal and how much data you're trying to pull... 153.6, 307.2, 614.4, 921.6 are typical DRC index rates.

4G is slow this afternoon

146483700.png

3G is not too bad tho...

146484235.png

Edited by 4ringsnbr

I haven't run a 3G speed at rush hour in awhile, so just did (at 5:30pm) and got 292/309 kbp/s and 362/363 kbp/s (that's download/upload speeds). Pretty typical of what I see during rush/peak hour times, although I haven't seen the abysmally low speeds of November/early December that others are still experiencing come back, and I am still getting 750 kbp/s or better during offpeak times (often over 1.1Mbps). Like everyone, still waiting patiently for NV in OKC!

• Like 1

If you're running HTC Sense ROM, dial ##DEBUG# (##33284#), you don't have to press call. You'll be able to see 1x and EVDO channels under their respective engineering screens along with the sector ID and PN (pseudo-random noise code). More importantly, you'll see the EVDO SNR or Ec/Io ratio and the MAC index, which tells you how many concurrent users are on your sector.

Analysis?

1X Engineering

CH# switched between 475, 625, and 450

SID stayed at 4120

Rx Power -92 to -95 dbm

rx Ec/Io -8 to -31 db

Rx FER 0.10%

EVDO Engineering

MAC index 0

Channel Number 650

Band Class 1

Subenet Color Code 88

Active Set Pilot PN 315

Rx Signal Strength 92

Rx Power -89 dbm

Channel PER 150, 312, 156, 78, etc

Analysis?

1X Engineering

CH# switched between 475, 625, and 450

SID stayed at 4120

Rx Power -92 to -95 dbm

rx Ec/Io -8 to -31 db

Rx FER 0.10%

EVDO Engineering

MAC index 0

Channel Number 650

Band Class 1

Subenet Color Code 88

Active Set Pilot PN 315

Rx Signal Strength 92

Rx Power -89 dbm

Channel PER 150, 312, 156, 78, etc

Your EV (3G) must've been dormant or idle (no data transfer) for your MAC index to be 0; otherwise, it looks decent (for Sprint).

Your 1x on the other hand--- you're either at the edge of the sector or you're getting alot of carrier pollution from too many nearby sectors for the Ec/Io to go that low-- it's not good when it drops below -8 dB or so. There may just be alot of users on that sector right now.

You must've been force roaming on VZW for the last 2 tests!

That 1100 is from the tower at Blackwater and Hooper (rural tower). I bet that 700 is too. If I am right next to the tower sitting at the stop light I've hit 1700 a couple of times there as long as it is off peak.

• Like 1

Your EV (3G) must've been dormant or idle (no data transfer) for your MAC index to be 0; otherwise, it looks decent (for Sprint).

Your 1x on the other hand--- you're either at the edge of the sector or you're getting alot of carrier pollution from too many nearby sectors for the Ec/Io to go that low-- it's not good when it drops below -8 dB or so. There may just be alot of users on that sector right now.

I turned on Navigation and Dropbox sync to generate some data traffic. I set the Field Test refresh rate to 1 sec. MAC never changed and State stayed at inactive. What's up wit dat?

I turned on Navigation and Dropbox sync to generate some data traffic. I set the Field Test refresh rate to 1 sec. MAC never changed and State stayed at inactive. What's up wit dat?

When you run speed tests, does it show up as EVDO or 1xRTT for data connection? The Ev may be down in your area-- they are doing NV in DFW. My brother in Dallas has had lots of issues lately. If Ev doesn't show up, go to settings>system updates> and do a profile update. Then see if 3G comes back. If not, we could reprovision your phone if you know your MSL code. Don't call Sprint-- those idiots will make you pull the battery and do other pointless things. If your speed test shows EVDO, start a test run and then jump into the Field Test. If you have an HTC phone pre-2.3.6, the Field Test shows up in your recent apps if you hold the HOME button when you start a test so you can pop back into it quickly.

<p></p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div>LOL. Yeah, I work for Sprint.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>I am showing 3G at the top of my phone and it will show 1X if EVDO is not available.</div>

<div> </div>

<div></div>

I like that CDMA field test app-- but LTE confuses it! LOL

The field test "app" I was referring to is after you back out of your DEBUG screen, if you hold HOME, you should see Field Test (not CDMA Field Test) or EPST as the most recent app-- if you hit it, you'll immediately go back into the DEBUG screen without having to dial ##DEBUG#. If you can do that with your version of android, start a Speed Test run and then immediately hold HOME and hit the Field Test (or EPST) to look at your EVDO Engineering Data. You should see activity.

BTW, with an SNR of only 6, the best you can hope for on Ev is 1228.8 kbps. You need at least an SNR of 7.5 to get the next DRC speed of 1843.2 kbps.

Edited by 4ringsnbr

I know you meant DEBUG but I wanted to show you that it does appear to be on EVDO Rev A.

I ran a speed test while accessing DEBUG on my phone. Strange. Phone shows active 3G but DEBUG shows inactive.

m1gdh.jpg

0cADN.jpg

I know you meant DEBUG but I wanted to show you that it does appear to be on EVDO Rev A.

I ran a speed test while accessing DEBUG on my phone. Strange. Phone shows active 3G but DEBUG shows inactive.

My old EVO would show that if it were actually using 1xRTT data for that session since Sprint overwrote the 1x indicator on the status bars of the EVOs so that they will only show 3G regardless of the actual data connection. Try rebooting the phone (without fast boot enabled in the Applications settings)... I know it takes 2-3 minutes to boot that way, but it is good to reboot the phone at least weekly-- the PID numbers start to climb really high otherwise!

My old EVO would show that if it were actually using 1xRTT data for that session since Sprint overwrote the 1x indicator on the status bars of the EVOs so that they will only show 3G regardless of the actual data connection. Try rebooting the phone (without fast boot enabled in the Applications settings)... I know it takes 2-3 minutes to boot that way, but it is good to reboot the phone at least weekly-- the PID numbers start to climb really high otherwise!

I reboot nightly as part of my bedtime routing. My Evo has Fresh ROM on it which I believe actually shows 1X when there is only 1xRTT. I have seen it.

I rebooted and ran everything again. MAC still shows 0. Something is amiss.

I like that CDMA field test app-- but LTE confuses it! LOL

I cannot wait until LTE confuses my CDMA Field Test!!!

• Like 1