What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

I had to do that yesterday. I ran a speed test on 3G with FULL signal (around 5 pm mind you) and I got 45 kbps down. I'm sorry but dial up speeds are not acceptable to me. I had to force roam onto verizons network in order to do anything internet related. At the same time, I did a speed test on my co-workers Thunderbolt with LTE and he got 9 mbps down! I thought that was very impressive, considering he only had 2 bars and it was peak hours. A wimax test around that time would have only given me 1500 kbps at most. And I can't rely on wimax while I'm driving (my job is delivery so I'm constantly driving) to stream music because it constantly drops the signal. Seems to be doing it more than it used to.

Sprint needs more backhaul and extra carriers than anything else. I did a speed test a few nights ago around 11 pm at my house where I only get 1-2 bars and I pulled down like 800 kbps. So it's definitely more capacity related than signal coverage. I just really hope they turn things around with network vision. I have lost all faith in them at this point, considering all the "upgrades" they claim to have made in my area (according to the cell tower upgrade map thing they have) and not seeing any improvement. I really don't want to pay for Verizon but I might just have to once my contract expires in August if things don't start to turn around.

Welcome, Glad to have another North Carolina resident here. And I really do feel your pain. Last night right by the sprint corporate store here in winston ( I was eating nearby) I ran a speedtest and got 88kbps down and 29kbps up. Which is actualy slower than winston salems average of 150kpbs normally. I really wonder how they sell any phones?

I want sprint to make it. But With a ton of evo people coming off contract in the next couple months. I wonder what thier churn is going to be like if they don't do something to address these issues?

From historic Bubba's Chicken in the rich area of Dallas.

Bubba's Chicken? Is that a fried chicken joint? Any good? I live for fried chicken. Its my vice!

I'm in Santa Fe right now getting my hair cut. And afterward, my son and I are going out to wreck some fried chicken.

I know I'm off topic. But its my forum. ;)

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner

Off topic again, but this place might be centrally located between you two (S4GRU and Duffman); Hard Eight bbq in Stephenville, Tx.. when I lived in Tx, it was my favorite.. used to fly from Addison to Stephenville every chance I got for this place. Ever been? I miss it dearly!

http://www.hardeightbbq.com/

Just to stay on topic.. 3G speeds in North Phoenix at 10pm local: Down: 755kbps, Up: 623kbps (not braggable, but workable).

• Like 1

I've only had 2MB+ 3G speed tests twice. And like Chris Matthews, I had a thrill running up my leg both times! laugh.png

I got my EVO about 2 or 3 weeks after launch day... Sprint let me upgrade about 2 months early.. I had yearly upgrades at the time.. so i upgraded from the Pre after about 10 months. Back then (in Phoenix) I would get 2.2MB all day, every day on 3G, I was in heaven... It was epic. Seems too many EVO's and iPhone's are on the network now and have slowed it down. Really looking forward to Network Vision bringing this back... Not to mention LTE! ;) (I sure hope PHX is up top on that A-L list ya got!)

• Like 1

Off topic again' date=' but this place might be centrally located between you two (S4GRU and Duffman); Hard Eight bbq in Stephenville, Tx.. when I lived in Tx, it was my favorite.. used to fly from Addison to Stephenville every chance I got for this place. Ever been? I miss it dearly!

http://www.hardeightbbq.com/

Just to stay on topic.. 3G speeds in North Phoenix at 10pm local: Down: 755kbps, Up: 623kbps (not braggable, but workable).

You fly, I'll buy! :tu:

You fly, I'll buy! :tu:

If I ever fly into your area.. I would be glad to take ya for a flight. (we'll call it even for all the info you provide on this site!) :)

• Like 1

If I ever fly into your area.. I would be glad to take ya for a flight. (we'll call it even for all the info you provide on this site!) :)

I will definitely take you up on the offer. LAM and SAF nearby. KLAM is a challenge. On top of a mesa at 7,000 feet ASL. My office is under the end of the 27 runway!

I will definitely take you up on the offer. LAM and SAF nearby. KLAM is a challenge. On top of a mesa at 7,000 feet ASL. My office is under the end of the 27 runway!

Sounds like you got a Great office! :)

KLAM it is then (as long as its not too windy). I Love flying in and out of airports on mesas... its like an aircraft carrier landing!

KSEZ is my Favorite! http://sedonaairport.org/

• Like 1

Just to semi vent.

I find it comical to run a few speed tests at 9:45am, and then do the same tests and same group of different servers an hour later and see that my ping's have gone from 160-300ms all the way to 1200ms and DL speeds are 500kbps lower to 26-100kbps. lol

The amount of ppl that get up and going in that period of time and start crushing my tower must be insane. haha

Yep, I get the same shit haha. Sunday mornings are about the only time where sprints network isn't completely useless. 3G speed test put me at 800 kbps and 4G at 5000 kbps. Those speeds will drop sharply in the next few hours lol.

Sounds like you got a Great office! :) KLAM it is then (as long as its not too windy). I Love flying in and out of airports on mesas... its like an aircraft carrier landing! KSEZ is my Favorite!

Here's the view from my office at Los Alamos Airport. I'm standing on the edge of a Mesa next to my car in the parking lot.

183303_1558917332414_1219703243_31178176_3145130_n.jpg

Here's the view from my office at Los Alamos Airport. I'm standing on the edge of a Mesa next to my car in the parking lot.

183303_1558917332414_1219703243_31178176_3145130_n.jpg

That is simply amazing! I hadnt realized how beautiful NM is until recently.. My parents now have a cabin in Ruidoso, and I love it.

OK. This is the view looking out my front door toward the Sangre de Cristo Range...

adbbcc65-7eaf-6a3a.jpg

S4GRU is now Mobile...sent from Tapatalk App

OK. This is the view looking out my front door toward the Sangre de Cristo Range...

adbbcc65-7eaf-6a3a.jpg

S4GRU is now Mobile...sent from Tapatalk App

Wow, amazing sights you have. My grandparents live in Roswell, but are vacationing in Hawaii right now.

• Like 1

Man your property looks huge! I'd love a place with some land. Hard to come by here in Sacramento tho~

Two acres. But I'm surrounded by USFS and BLM land. Its a great place to live.

Where is all the snow? Ha ha.

All our snow melted last week. We don't get the amounts they get in Central Minnesota. But we usually keep a small snow pack all Winter. My new home is at 6,500' ASL. So a decent elevation, but we have had a warmer and drier winter than normal. Those peaks are at 13,000'.

All our snow melted last week. We don't get the amounts they get in Central Minnesota. But we usually keep a small snow pack all Winter. My new home is at 6,500' ASL. So a decent elevation, but we have had a warmer and drier winter than normal. Those peaks are at 13,000'.

We actually are almost snow free. It is a freak winter this year. I have a few patches of snow and the pile from plowing the driveway left. It is really wierd, usually there are several feetat this point.

• Like 1