What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

I reboot nightly as part of my bedtime routing. My Evo has Fresh ROM on it which I believe actually shows 1X when there is only 1xRTT. I have seen it.

I rebooted and ran everything again. MAC still shows 0. Something is amiss.

Since you're not stock, maybe the ROM interferes with the EPST program (the Field Test app is part of EPST). Did you replace your EPST with the android 2.2 version so that you can side load PRLs on the fly? If you do, you can just throw a Verizon PRL on there whenever you want for good data speeds. DFW is one of the few markets where VZW doesn't run in Cellular 850 (I think they have the A and D blocks PCS there, but not sure), so their 3G may not be that great there. I used to run a modified Sprint PRL that kept me on Sprint's 1x (so my phone calls didn't roam), but kept me on VZW's Ev (so I could actually use data). The data was 100% roaming and voice was 100% native-- it was beautiful. I can modify the current Sprint PRL for the DFW market-- I've been meaning to make one for DFW to fix my brother's phone since he suffers with Sprint in Dallas anyway.

If you know your MSL, you can reprovision your phone to reset all the data parameters and reload the NAM. You do this by dialing ##SCRTN# enter your MSL then hit MENU and RESET. The phone will reboot and reactivate itself. It's the only way sometimes to change Ev channels here in BR.

• Like 1

Pahrump did get some extra T1 lines. I even hit over 1 mbps in town with 5 bars. :)

Congrats. Band-Aids do promote healing! :tu:

Congrats. Band-Aids do promote healing! :tu:

Yes they do. Now if my house signal was 5 bars all the time, lol. (Yes, I'm getting picky. :wacko: )

These are the data speeds I pulled in Barstow when I stopped tonight.

2012-03-01_00-45-58.jpg

2012-03-01_00-55-52.jpg

Who was doing the T1 upgrades for the desert southwest? They sure seemed to have finished recently.

Edited by Macinjosh
  • Like 2

Everytime I see Barstow, I get the song "Route 66" stuck in my head.

Posted via Forum Runner

Its fair in central and north sides of town, outside. Pretty non existent south of Downtown. There are just three sites.

Like most WiMax Protection Sites, you can only use it indoors if you are within a 1/2 mile of the protection site in a flimsy or wood frame structure.

Posted via Forum Runner

Well good to know. My hotel is on the east side and I will spend most of my time downtown. Thank you for the fast reply. This site really is a blessing.

Download my free Android app, Tito's Rants.

When I stay in hotels in a WiMax Protection site area, I do a little research first. I go to clear.com and try to figure out where the tower location is. Then I request a room on the highest floor on the side facing that tower.

I stay in hotels in ABQ a lot for work. There is a Sheraton I get good government rates at, but its almost 4 miles from the protection site. At ground level, I cannot connect at all. However, on the 3rd floor facing the tower, I can connect and have "one bar" of 4G service.

But the 7th Floor it goes to two bars. And on the 10th floor or higher I will have full bars on the side facing the protection site. 10th and above, I can even get a usable signal on the opposite side of the hotel. 1 bar as opposed to full. But still usable.

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 1

Everytime I see Barstow, I get the song "Route 66" stuck in my head.

Posted via Forum Runner

Lol. I never even heard that song. But I hear people talk about it all the time. And overall speeds on 58 between Barstow and Tehachapi last night were much better than they used to be. I'm impressed for T1 upgrades.

• Like 1

Just thought id show how speeds die here. Take into account this is a sunday, so not even a work day.

These are test I ran on my way home from work. There were a few 900s too. But this is a good sample.

6c6b2295-ef42-650a.jpg

And are speeds coming back to work this evening. And this obviously doesnt show the "network error and timeouts".

6c6b2295-efac-1f2b.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Too bad you couldn't pull the 1.3 and 1.6's consistently!

Yea that would be pretty sweet! But honestly I'd be completly happy if I could just maintain those "lower" speeds through the day. For what I do on my phone speeds in the 500-600 kbps range are fine. As long as music streams great, and video streams don't stop and buffer while playing I am good to go.

• Like 1

Yea that would be pretty sweet! But honestly I'd be completly happy if I could just maintain those "lower" speeds through the day. For what I do on my phone speeds in the 500-600 kbps range are fine. As long as music streams great, and video streams don't stop and buffer while playing I am good to go.

Couldn't agree more with you on that, man. Id be more than happy with just solid 1mb(ish) speeds. I'm really looking forward to the 4G LTE and all.. but I would be happy with consistent, solid 3G. Network Vision cannot come fast enough. If they stay on track.. I'll sign another contract no questions asked... if the plan takes some major stall... I'll probably reconsider. (I like Sprint, so my fingers are definitely crossed.)

Yeah, prior to those days, i was lucky to get 50-70kbps

All tests above where 3g ( no 4g service here :( )

edit: also helps im only 1/2 mile from the cell site with not many houses and places between me and there. Also i am NOT force roaming to verizon

Edited by gr8nuguy
  • Like 1

Yeah' date=' prior to those days, i was lucky to get 50-70kbps

All tests above where 3g ( no 4g service here :( )

edit: also helps im only 1/2 mile from the cell site with not many houses and places between me and there. Also i am NOT force roaming to verizon[/quote']

Where are you located?

Oh, and BTW... :welc: to S4GRU!

- Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

Where are you located?

Oh, and BTW... :welc: to S4GRU!

- Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

Thanks, :)

McPherson, KS -about 45 miles north of Wichita

approxlocation.png

-my place is actually closer then what it shows on the map, just have it showing my town :)

Edited by gr8nuguy

Thanks' date=' :)

McPherson, KS -about 45 miles north of Wichita

-my place is actually closer then what it shows on the map, just have it showing my town :)[/quote']

Ericsson is working on deployment in the entire Kansas market supposedly.

Posted via Forum Runner

Ericsson is working on deployment in the entire Kansas market supposedly.

Posted via Forum Runner

I hope so, looks like there might be an outage in my area right now, pings >2000ms and speeds a whole 1-4kbps!

• Like 1