What's your speed like RIGHT NOW?

I was able to do four WiMax speed tests in visalia today and my average speed was 3 down and 1.4 up with a surge of 1.6 up at one point.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift 4G using Forum Runner

I was able to do four WiMax speed tests in visalia today and my average speed was 3 down and 1.4 up with a surge of 1.6 up at one point.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift 4G using Forum Runner

Pretty dismal. How much signal did you have? It must have been a strong signal because you were awfully close to full upload speed. Which maxes out at 1.5Mbps on Clearwire's TDD WiMax carriers.

Pretty dismal. How much signal did you have? It must have been a strong signal because you were awfully close to full upload speed. Which maxes out at 1.5Mbps on Clearwire's TDD WiMax carriers.

My WiMax connection was 1 to 2 bars out of 3, so it wasn't too bad. I think that Clearwire could support higher uploads if at 1 bar my upload is peaking.

Back to upside-down speeds.

k3Mqk.jpg

JR5V3.jpg

That's a sure sign of insufficient backhaul-- if Sprint weren't so cheap and stingy with it, you'd have d/l speeds of about 750 - 850 kbps with that kind of SINR and Ec/Io. Just look at your u/l speed-- the carrier channel isn't overloaded-- just the backhaul from the internet to the tower. Sprint needs to provide 9.3 mbps download capacity per channel/carrier (for a 3 sector tower). I would imagine being in DFW, your tower is probably running 5-6 EV carriers in all three sectors, which means they have installed 46.5 - 55.8 mbps of air interface capacity on the tower and I bet they're not pulling even 25% of this much backhaul to the tower.

Edited by 4ringsnbr

That's a sure sign of insufficient backhaul-- if Sprint weren't so cheap and stingy with it, you'd have d/l speeds of about 750 - 850 kbps with that kind of SINR and Ec/Io. Just look at your u/l speed-- the carrier channel isn't overloaded-- just the backhaul from the internet to the tower. Sprint needs to provide 9.3 mbps download capacity per channel/carrier (for a 3 sector tower). I would imagine being in DFW, your tower is probably running 5-6 EV carriers in all three sectors, which means they have installed 46.5 - 55.8 mbps of air interface capacity on the tower and I bet they're not pulling even 25% of this much backhaul to the tower.

I can check the tower at work and it will normally tell me the number of carriers. I do not remember if I can see the backhaul info. I will take a look this week.

This is slow for me. I'm rarely under 1.3Mbps. Rarely over 1.4Mbps. I have to have one of the most consistent sites in all of the Now Network.

ForumRunner_20120311_000502.png

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 1

I just pulled 743k down and 201k up on 181ms ping with 4 out of 6 bars of service in Visalia. I never get that high of speeds here, even at night. Must be a new T1 upgrade in the area.

• Like 1

I just pulled 743k down and 201k up on 181ms ping with 4 out of 6 bars of service in Visalia. I never get that high of speeds here, even at night. Must be a new T1 upgrade in the area.

It's Sunday morning man-- everyone is in church!

It's Sunday morning man-- everyone is in church!

Some of us use our devices in church. :blush:

Posted via Forum Runner