3G icon lite even when connecting 1xRTT

kckid

I was using netmonitor today and noticed that my connection was 1xRTT and the 3G icon on my EVO LTE was still displaying.

Yeah, unfortunately the stock rom shows 3g even when on 1x, most custom roms has the display 1x mod included.

• Like 1

It's a rather strange policy, but as others have mentioned, Sprint has decided to hide the 1x signal from their customers. But only on 4G capable phones. I suppose they figure people having three network modes show up would be far too confusing for the poor stupid customers. </sarcasm>

What is ironic, is that T-Mobile doesn't disguise their EDGE network and even call it 2G. And Tmo has a much higher percentage of their network as EDGE only than Sprint has 1x only. So the intentional deception is stupid, IMHO. I know technically 1xRTT is a 3G technology, but the intent is to disguise their 1x network.

On my Verizon work phone it shows 1X, 3G and LTE in the display. On my Verizon hotspot, it shows 2G, 3G and LTE. Both of these formats is more transparent.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

You actually got a nexus 4? I hear very few orders have been filled.

Does your google play version have DC-HSPA+? How is it working for you?

I answered in the Nexus 4 thread, to stay on topic: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2244-lg-nexus-4/page__view__findpost__p__71564

Robert

• Like 1

Hopefully they'll stop once Network Vision is complete. People will notice the 3G in conjunction to the 15kbps speeds and run off screaming "Sprint sucks!!!"

They'll take it to the next level and call it 4G.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I use open signal and use the widget on my homescreen to see what it is on. The galaxy nexus hides 2G from you but it shows R at rxtt.

And don't kid yourself, in Harrisburg I did get a 4g lte speed test at 700kbps down...

Edited by nocturnal

I use open signal and use the widget on my homescreen to see what it is on. The galaxy nexus hides 2G from you but it shows R at rxtt.

And don't kid yourself, in Harrisburg I did get a 4g lte speed test at 700kbps down...

I think R means roaming and by the default consumer prl, you'll roam on Verizon's 1x coverage.

I think R means roaming and by the default consumer prl, you'll roam on Verizon's 1x coverage.

Not sure, isn't roaming the triangle? You might be right. I switch from the Evo 3D/Galaxy S 3 and my Galaxy Nexus too much haha. Edited by nocturnal

Not sure, isn't roaming the triangle? You might be right. I switch from the Evo 3D/Galaxy S 3 and my Galaxy Nexus too much haha.

I know on my Cyanogen ROM, it has R as roaming. I think aosp ICS+ has the r, but I could be wrong.

I know on my Cyanogen ROM' date=' it has R as roaming. I think aosp ICS+ has the r, but I could be wrong.

[/quote']

The Galaxy Nexus does show R for roaming. I always hated the roaming triangle. I prefer the R. It just looks better.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• More details/pics: https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/saints-fans-to-enjoy-new-nfl-experience-with-massive-wireless-tech-upgrade-at-caesars-superdome-01j5yb9yd5xr https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20240822812168/en/MatSing-Lens-Antennas-Enhance-Connectivity-at-Caesars-Superdome-Ahead-of-New-Orleans-Saints-Season https://www.nola.com/news/business/itll-be-easier-to-call-text-inside-superdome-thanks-to-80m-wireless-upgrade-what-to/article_bf2dd66c-4f85-11ef-9820-b3c36c831099.html
    • T-Mobile Fires Back At AT&T After Their Statements On T-Priority
    • February is always closer than you think! https://stadiumtechreport.com/news/caesars-superdome-gets-matsing-deployment-ahead-of-super-bowl-lix/ Another Super Bowl, another MatSing cellular antenna deployment. Caesars Superdome, home of the NFL’s New Orleans Saints, has deployed a large number of cellular antennas from MatSing as part of an effort to increase wireless network capacity ahead of the upcoming Super Bowl LIX in February, 2025. It is the third such deployment of MatSing equipment at Super Bowl venues in as many years, following cellular upgrades at Allegiant Stadium for Super Bowl LVIII and at State Farm Stadium for Super Bowl LVII. According to the Saints, the MatSing antennas were part of a large wireless overhaul this offseason, done primarily “to satisfy fans’ desires for wireless consumption and bandwidth,” an important thing with Super Bowl LIX coming to the venue on Feb. 9, 2025. Each year, the NFL’s big game regularly sets records for wireless data consumption, with a steady upward progression ever since wireless networks were first put into stadiums. https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/caesars-superdome-transformation-2024-new-orleans-saints-nfl-season-part-1-wifi-upgrades-wireless-cellular During the offseason renovation project, the foundation of the facility's new Distributed Antenna System (DAS) was the installation of 16 multi-beam, wideband spherical lense antennas that are seven feet in diameter and weigh nearly 600 pounds apiece, a model called the MatSing MS-48H180. Another 16 large antenna spheres of varying sizes and frequencies have also been installed for a total of 32 new large antennas, in addition to 200 cellular antennas inside and around the building, all of these products specifically made for high-density environments such as stadiums and arenas. The DAS system's performance is expected to enhance further as it becomes fully integrated throughout the season. The MatSing MS-48H180 devices, with a black color that matches the Caesars Superdome's roof, each were individually raised by hoist machines to the top of the facility and bolted into place. Each cellular antenna then transmits 48 different beams and signals to a specific area in the stadium, with each sphere angled differently to specifically target different coverage areas, allowing increased, consistent coverage for high-density seating areas. In addition to creating targets in seating and common areas throughout the stadium, these antennas create dedicated floor zones that result in improved coverage to the field areas for fans in 12 field-level suites and the Mercedes-Benz End Zone Club, teams and on-field media and broadcast elements. The project is also adding 2,500 new wireless access points placed in areas such as concourses, atriums, suites and food and beverage areas for better WiFi coverage.
    • https://www.yahoo.com/news/dallas-county-completes-first-911-194128506.html - First 911 call/text received over Starlink/T-Mobile direct to cell.  This appears to be in Dallas County, MO.
    • FCC: "We remain committed to helping with recovery efforts in states affected by Hurricane Helene. We stand ready to do all that is necessary to return connectivity to hard-hit areas and save lives." SpaceX: "SpaceX and @TMobile have been given emergency special temporary authority by the @FCC to enable @Starlink satellites with direct-to-cell capability to provide coverage for cell phones in the affected areas of Hurricane Helene. The satellites have already been enabled and started broadcasting emergency alerts to cell phones on all networks in North Carolina. In addition, we may test basic texting (SMS) capabilities for most cell phones on the T-Mobile network in North Carolina. SpaceX’s direct-to-cell constellation has not been fully deployed, so all services will be delivered on a best-effort basis." Space posted this at 2pm today on X.