Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

What you are up against in Irvine and other high-end areas in the country is that the owners of

the 2-5 Mil houses there do not want cell towers cluttering their residential areas; we have that here

in Anthem as well and our homes are not close to what they are in Irvine in $Value..it is what it is;

old money foe the most part that don't want declining property values...but DO WANT great cell

service at someone else's expense...sorry for the sermon here; just my $.02

Well if thats the case high frequency signal carriers won't be good fits in these areas, they just don't carry as much blanketing coverage and signal penetration to be as effective as low frequency signal carriers then.  This means Sprint and TMobile are really poor options in many of these Orange County locations.  Both depend on core 3G and LTE networks in the PCS and AWS spectrum blocks, upper teens and low 2000s in MHZ.  Those are going be much poorer networks than those anchored to 700-800Mhz spectrum blocks such at ATT and VZW's LTE, although both have 3G services in the 1900Mhz range too.  Nice to hear OC communities want to keep 1997 cell service alive.

Well if thats the case high frequency signal carriers won't be good fits in these areas, they just don't carry as much blanketing coverage and signal penetration to be as effective as low frequency signal carriers then.  This means Sprint and TMobile are really poor options in many of these Orange County locations.  Both depend on core 3G and LTE networks in the PCS and AWS spectrum blocks, upper teens and low 2000s in MHZ.  Those are going be much poorer networks than those anchored to 700-800Mhz spectrum blocks such at ATT and VZW's LTE, although both have 3G services in the 1900Mhz range too.  Nice to hear OC communities want to keep 1997 cell service alive.

There is a large NIMBY movement in OC, especially in southern OC. Everybody wants their phone to work but please don't put a tower into my neighborhood. Areas like Santa Ana have all the services because poor people don't have the time to complain about another tower.

People should be happy because MetroPCS's CDMA network is going away and there is one less evil company with phone ray's poluting the air (-:

• Like 1

There is a large NIMBY movement in OC, especially in southern OC. Everybody wants their phone to work but please don't put a tower into my neighborhood. Areas like Santa Ana have all the services because poor people don't have the time to complain about another tower.

People should be happy because MetroPCS's CDMA network is going away and there is one less evil company with phone ray's poluting the air (-:

Damn dude, freaking California!

Yep. I lived in Santa Ana once. I got Sprint's/Clear's WiMAX service, of all things to get, inside my apartment. The rent was cheap... and so were the services, so I moved to Tustin, closer to work, but still not Irvine, but still a much better place than Santa Ana, so I at least have good Sprint signal at home still. I didn't have LTE until recently, but at least it's there now. The houses and apartments in Irvine are way overpriced anyway, so I wouldn't mind if they went down in value for the sake of better Sprint coverage, but that's only my personal opinion.

• Like 1

Yep. I lived in Santa Ana once. I got Sprint's/Clear's WiMAX service, of all things to get, inside my apartment. The rent was cheap... and so were the services, so I moved to Tustin, closer to work, but still not Irvine, but still a much better place than Santa Ana, so I at least have good Sprint signal at home still. I didn't have LTE until recently, but at least it's there now. The houses and apartments in Irvine are way overpriced anyway, so I wouldn't mind if they went down in value for the sake of better Sprint coverage, but that's only my personal opinion.

Tustin has pretty good Sprint service as long you are not at Legacy or Tustin Ranch.

For OC if you were lucky enough to get any WIMAX signal back in the day you have good service now.  But if not (like Irvine and south) your still kind of spotty on service.

I am really confused by what I am seeing at my office location in Irvine.  I use SignalCheck Pro from MikeJeep, my phones says I am connected to EV-DO/1XRTT (-98dbM) at 182-198 Waterworks Way in Irvine, CA.  But when I go to the NV Sites complete map I see there are no Sprint sites on Waterworks Way, which is a tiny little connector road just about a 1/4 mile away from me.  What gives?

What gives?

In Chicago you live in a Samsung market where BSL locations on NV sites are broadcasting their true location. Other markets aren't as lucky. That site is broadcasting an offset location.

• Like 1

In Chicago you live in a Samsung market where BSL locations on NV sites are broadcasting their true location. Other markets aren't as lucky. That site is broadcasting an offset location.

Huh, I had no idea.  Thanks for letting me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Cal Disney Toy Story line

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yup, LTE service in Disneyland is improving even tho every time I go, my Moto X falls back to 3G and have to toggle Airplane mode to go back to LTE. 

I have great LTE coverage by Matterhorn, its a small World and the FantasyLand Theater.

The rest of the park I'm on 3G.

Hope those missing towers get upgraded asap and turn LTE on  and also switch the 3G cluster on.

Has anyone noticed any new B41 launches in the OC? Without B26 in the near future, my excitement comes through this band to help clear the capacity issues.

Judging by the premier sponsor maps, I don't think B41 is going south of Santa Ana/Costa Mesa anytime soon, at least in a stage where it's widely available. I was at Buena Park yesterday eating at a restaurant near Knott Ave and Lincoln Ave, and I was getting B41 there so I do know that north OC and LA are getting some B41 love. Since Clear pretty much stopped WiMAX expansion at the 55, we pretty much have to wait for Alca-Lu to put up some 8T8R NV 2.0 equipment before we get B41 love down here in the Tustin/Irvine area and south of that.

Judging by the premier sponsor maps, I don't think B41 is going south of Santa Ana/Costa Mesa anytime soon, at least in a stage where it's widely available. I was at Buena Park yesterday eating at a restaurant near Knott Ave and Lincoln Ave, and I was getting B41 there so I do know that north OC and LA are getting some B41 love. Since Clear pretty much stopped WiMAX expansion at the 55, we pretty much have to wait for Alca-Lu to put up some 8T8R NV 2.0 equipment before we get B41 love down here in the Tustin/Irvine area and south of that.

Damn. I am in near where you are getting B41 and I can say it is spotty. I travel south often and wish that area would get B41 also.

Has anyone noticed any new B41 launches in the OC? Without B26 in the near future, my excitement comes through this band to help clear the capacity issues.

I work 20 feet from a tower in Irvine and it is a Sprint only tower with 1900 and they are doing the 2.5 upgrade right now. Talked to them yesterday and saw them again today. They had to replace the panels for some reason.

• Like 2

I work 20 feet from a tower in Irvine and it is a Sprint only tower with 1900 and they are doing the 2.5 upgrade right now. Talked to them yesterday and saw them again today. They had to replace the panels for some reason.

Sent you a private message for the specific tower info. Could this be 8T8R band 41 panels going up in Irvine?

NV panels replacements  in a LTE accepted site?

NV panels replacements  in a LTE accepted site?

Yes its LTE accepted. It was upgraded a year ago and LTE turned on a month ago but now they have new panel siting on the ground to go up. Guys said its 2.5 add on. I'll go take some pics.

• Like 1

What you are up against in Irvine and other high-end areas in the country is that the owners of

the 2-5 Mil houses there do not want cell towers cluttering their residential areas; we have that here

in Anthem as well and our homes are not close to what they are in Irvine in $Value..it is what it is;

old money foe the most part that don't want declining property values...but DO WANT great cell

service at someone else's expense...sorry for the sermon here; just my $.02

Well nothing beats the 92705 zip code. Everybody in the hills has a different name and refuses to use Santa Ana as their address :) Welcome to Cowan Hights, North Tustin and Lemon Hights or Santa Ana if you prefer!

• Like 1

Irvine tower.

Great Pictures!

Seems like this is a upgraded Wimax tower to LTE 2.5.. I'm not sure

The 3G/ LTE 1900 panels look a bit different.

Yes its LTE accepted. It was upgraded a year ago and LTE turned on a month ago but now they have new panel siting on the ground to go up. Guys said its 2.5 add on. I'll go take some pics.

That's great news! I just hope that the non-NV upgraded sites are also going to get upgraded at around the same time. LTE accepted sites in Irvine are too widespread and leave a big gap in the middle of the city.

Well nothing beats the 92705 zip code. Everybody in the hills has a different name and refuses to use Santa Ana as their address :) Welcome to Cowan Hights, North Tustin and Lemon Hights or Santa Ana if you prefer!

The 92705 zip code is exactly where I used to live. I didn't mind calling it Santa Ana, but I remember the apartment I used to live in called the place Tustin before I found out it was actually in Santa Ana when I looked up the address. The rent was cheap, I got WiMAX service with my Evo 4G, it was nice. Then the non-24 hour laundry room bit me when I had to do laundry late at night (I got locked out of the laundry room due to "hours"), and I said, that's what I get for going to a really cheap location. Never again.