Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

I hung out today in Santa Ana and Anaheim and 4g was practically everywhere and it was very fast and usable. Also, I noticed that in Laguna Hills, 3g is starting to be brought online which makes it very quick as well. :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Tower on the 73 near Aliso Viejo is being worked on! I had no signal at all for about 1 mile on the 73. Hopefully this decreases the pings a bit and increases the 4g.

I just compared Sprints advertised coverage vs what Sensorly reports and wow. Talk about being overly generous about what you cover...I feel like at this point there is no point to complain because it is a known fact they market isn't "complete".

I just compared Sprints advertised coverage vs what Sensorly reports and wow. Talk about being overly generous about what you cover...I feel like at this point there is no point to complain because it is a known fact they market isn't "complete".

I recently performed a Sprint versus t-mobile comparison and believe me when I say that Tmobile was much more generous with what it said it covered. Sprint at least acknowledges that they only have for 4g signal in a bunch of places. If it indicates fair, just figure there won't be 4g coverage. If Tmobile indicates excellent coverage, just figure that what you get will be randomness between 2g and LTE

• Like 1

So far between T-Mobile and Sprint in LTE areas for both, Sprint has been winning the Speedtests. However, once I go inside my house, a store, or a building, Sprint drops down to 3G whereas T-Mobile keeps LTE.

I was inside a Home Depot tonight and I wanted to reference a price of an item on Amazon. I pulled out my S4 first and I couldn't even connect to the network. I then pulled out the N5 and I got connection right away and it was fast. I got a little frustrated with Sprint tonight. :P

• Like 1

Anyone in this area get a Nexus 5? How is it? Any issues getting to activate or connect to LTE? In the Nexus 5 thread they mentioned areas with purple sites (4g accepted only) they are having issues and need 3g also acceped.

I'm curious as well. If I know for certain that I won't get hit with an activation fee when I switch from my GS4 to the N5 (like Sprint did when I went from the E4GT to the GS4), I would activate the N5 on Sprint and let you know. :P

I'm curious as well. If I know for certain that I won't get hit with an activation fee when I switch from my GS4 to the N5 (like Sprint did when I went from the E4GT to the GS4), I would activate the N5 on Sprint and let you know. :P

The only time you will get hit is if you do a contract renewal, weather it be 2 year contract, one up upgrade, or early upgrade if they still exist. If you buy the nexus from Google like me you will be fine. When you went from your e4gt to the gs4 I am assuming you got it at a subsidized price which signed a contract.

The only time you will get hit is if you do a contract renewal, weather it be 2 year contract, one up upgrade, or early upgrade if they still exist. If you buy the nexus from Google like me you will be fine. When you went from your e4gt to the gs4 I am assuming you got it at a subsidized price which signed a contract.

No, I bought the GS4 full price. Yet I still got charged $36. :(

No, I bought the GS4 full price. Yet I still got charged $36. :(

Where did you go? If it was at a corporate store they processed like an upgrade and possibly renewed your contract without giving you a discount. I used to work at a corporate store and when we sold a phone at full pop we would sell it similar to an accessory and then go back in to activate it on the line, never touched the part of the system to generate a fee. They might have processed it as an early upgrade which often appears to be about full pop, did you have to give them your epic? Essentially the system takes it as your are buying out of your contract and then paying the upgrade price which would generate the 36 buck fee. The receipt will show the break down.

• Like 1

Where did you go? If it was at a corporate store they processed like an upgrade and possibly renewed your contract without giving you a discount. I used to work at a corporate store and when we sold a phone at full pop we would sell it similar to an accessory and then go back in to activate it on the line, never touched the part of the system to generate a fee. They might have processed it as an early upgrade which often appears to be about full pop, did you have to give them your epic? Essentially the system takes it as your are buying out of your contract and then paying the upgrade price which would generate the 36 buck fee. The receipt will show the break down.

My GS4 was a preorder item, paid in full. After receiving the phone, I had to call Sprint to activate the phone as chat didn't work. I didn't have to step inside a store.

When I got the next month's bill, I noticed that the full price of the GS4 was included in the bill, as well as the $36 fee. My contract was not renewed.

My GS4 was a preorder item, paid in full. After receiving the phone, I had to call Sprint to activate the phone as chat didn't work. I didn't have to step inside a store.

When I got the next month's bill, I noticed that the full price of the GS4 was included in the bill, as well as the $36 fee. My contract was not renewed.

Dang, it is probably too late but I would call to try to get it credited. In the corporate store we only charged the 36 when renewed.

Woohoo~! Happy days the past few days! Pretty much all the towers in Orange now have 4G LTE~! There was one tower south of my house that was still red but it turned yellow 3 days ago. :D

Cant wait for the wifey & mom to upgrade to the Note 3 so they can enjoy LTE and get away from WiMax, which was degrading the past couple of months.

Can anyone comment on the seal beach and south long beach areas?. It seems to be one of the few places left without lte. Can anyone tell me if any new towers have been accepted recently?

Kinda tough to see what towers are accepted after the updates. There's tons of sites on the map and hard to distinguish.

I encourage you to become a sponsor so you can check out all the cool stuff S4GRU has to offer.   

so....today in santa ana all my calls kept getting dropped...no call even got to 1 minute, a couple of times that i tried calling back i got a recorded message saying all circuits were busy. any idea as to why this would happen?

this was really annoying

Can anyone comment on the seal beach and south long beach areas?. It seems to be one of the few places left without lte. Can anyone tell me if any new towers have been accepted recently?

I will say this, there has been no progress on 4G.  Look at the signature below me for info on getting that information yourself.  Don't have a McRib combo once this week and instead use it for the site.

so....today in santa ana all my calls kept getting dropped...no call even got to 1 minute, a couple of times that i tried calling back i got a recorded message saying all circuits were busy. any idea as to why this would happen?

this was really annoying

That sounds like what others have experienced when sites are being upgraded from Legacy to newer equipment.

Just curious, a site that is close just got signed off for 3g. Could that mean they are waiting for backhaul and should be 4g accepted soon?

It could be backhaul, some other equipment, etc. but with Spark being live in the LA/OC area, 3g will always come in first, so it could be a cluster before 4g is up.

You got my Galaxy Mega a couple of days ago. 

I have some concerns while playing with it hopefully S4GRU has some insight on the matter.  Keep in mind I live in Orange County, Southern California.

1) I've noticed everytime the 4GLTE signal lights up, my phone signal bar drops to 1 bar.  While when the 3G signal lights up, the bar goes to a normal phone signal range. 

2) Lately people are unable to make direct calls to me.  I usually receive a voice mail inidicating the missed call. 

I was hoping someone inside S4GRU can share some thoughts.  I haven't spoken to a Sprint representative as of yet as I entrust that S4GRU usually provides a direct answer.

I have some concerns while playing with it hopefully S4GRU has some insight on the matter. Keep in mind I live in Orange County, Southern California.

1) I've noticed everytime the 4GLTE signal lights up, my phone signal bar drops to 1 bar. While when the 3G signal lights up, the bar goes to a normal phone signal range.

2) Lately people are unable to make direct calls to me. I usually receive a voice mail inidicating the missed call.

I was hoping someone inside S4GRU can share some thoughts. I haven't spoken to a Sprint representative as of yet as I entrust that S4GRU usually provides a direct answer.

Which part of OC do you experience this issue? You may be experiencing those symptoms b/c of the Network Vision testing & upgrades. It didn't to me for a while too during their upgrade/update cycles.

I have some concerns while playing with it hopefully S4GRU has some insight on the matter.  Keep in mind I live in Orange County, Southern California.

1) I've noticed everytime the 4GLTE signal lights up, my phone signal bar drops to 1 bar.  While when the 3G signal lights up, the bar goes to a normal phone signal range. 

2) Lately people are unable to make direct calls to me.  I usually receive a voice mail inidicating the missed call. 

I was hoping someone inside S4GRU can share some thoughts.  I haven't spoken to a Sprint representative as of yet as I entrust that S4GRU usually provides a direct answer.

1)  Android phones that have i believe 4.2 and up now show the signal on the data side as compared to the 1x side, so you are seeing your data signal strength now.

2)  you may need to call sprint and ask them to check to make sure your meid is in the system.  i had that issue when i first got my One.