Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Woohoo.... 4g in parts of my house in Aliso Viejo! Now my coverage matches their coverage maps! Go Sprint! I'm surprised because I barely held a 3g signal before and usually roamed in my house.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I am waiting for my N5 order from google to test, but it is looking like the N5's aren't connecting to B41 yet for some reason after the settings have been changed.

I think the N5 thread had someone in LA connecting to b41.

I guess I just got bad luck working in this "No LTE blackhole" in Irvine. The company I work at is right in the middle of this "fair" 4g LTE signal area. My S3 bounces between 3g and LTE, but neither signal rarely works. I'm lucky to be able to load up the mobile version of yahoo.com :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki4qqe5uzqr9m0c/map.jpg

Edited by moaltar
  • Like 1

I guess I just got bad luck working in this "No LTE blackhole" in Irvine. The company I work at is right in the middle of this "fair" 4g LTE signal area. My S3 bounces between 3g and LTE, but neither signal rarely works. I'm lucky to be able to load up the mobile version of yahoo.com :(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki4qqe5uzqr9m0c/map.jpg

Yup... I work in Irvine too, and since I'm also on the boundary of getting LTE, my phone loves to bounce back and forth between LTE and 3G and never gets a consistent signal. I actually set my phone to be 3G only unless I visit my parents in LA or go to mid-north OC because those places actually have consistent LTE coverage.

However, I can tell you that they are improving. If you visit the Sensorly map thread here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4145-sprint-lte-coverage-maps-via-sensorly/, I can tell you that those dark purple spots on the corner of Culver/Irvine Center Dr. and Culver/Irvine Blvd were not there 3 months ago. If you become a Sponsor to this site, you can actually get more detailed maps and see the NV rollout happening before your eyes. I was skeptical at first, but I ended up putting down some money, and my faith in Sprint has never been stronger. You just have to be patient.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone able to connect to B41 with a nexus 5 in LA/OC? I can't figure how to connect even though I am in a "spark turbo" area. I played with the LTE settings through the *#*#DATA#*#* enabling all the bands and different sequences of priorities. 

I definitely haven't been able to connect to B41 with my Nexus 5, though I saw a screenshot of someone in Gardena getting it. I don't remember which thread it was in, so I can't post it for reference.

In any case, too bad it seems like OC is slowing down in terms of new LTE towers according to the NV site acceptance updates thread. They quickly put up around 7 new towers in the Tustin/Irvine area in late September/early October, and then stopped completely. It got my hopes up that Irvine would be covered by the end of this year, but it looks like I'm in for another disappointment.

Oh well, I'm definitely happy with my Nexus 5, and I can't wait for the Spark update so that I can try it out in LA.

I definitely haven't been able to connect to B41 with my Nexus 5, though I saw a screenshot of someone in Gardena getting it. I don't remember which thread it was in, so I can't post it for reference.

In any case, too bad it seems like OC is slowing down in terms of new LTE towers according to the NV site acceptance updates thread. They quickly put up around 7 new towers in the Tustin/Irvine area in late September/early October, and then stopped completely. It got my hopes up that Irvine would be covered by the end of this year, but it looks like I'm in for another disappointment.

Oh well, I'm definitely happy with my Nexus 5, and I can't wait for the Spark update so that I can try it out in LA.

Remember, that running list is just for ACCEPTED sites.  It does not mean that there is no updates, work, or modifications occuring right meow.  Just because there is not acceptance of recent does not mean work is not being done.

Remember, that running list is just for ACCEPTED sites. It does not mean that there is no updates, work, or modifications occuring right meow. Just because there is not acceptance of recent does not mean work is not being done.

I completely understand that of course work is still being done. It doesn't change the fact that I'm sad to see Irvine still not covered as well as I hoped it would.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I completely understand that of course work is still being done. It doesn't change the fact that I'm sad to see Irvine still not covered as well as I hoped it would.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Huntington Beach and Cerritos, two places i frequent often are WAY behind on LTE.  Cerritos is even worse when you go to the mall

• 4 weeks later...

Watched them install Lte antennas in Anaheim on Walnut st    finally lit up at speeds to 15m . But now cant receive or make voice calls. Called sprint several times after a friend stopped by and wondered if I change #s. So now  I received full bars  for data at the house ( I had WIFI anyway) but had to install their airwave to make or receive calls and cant stray to far or calls drop.  Sept cant  come fast enough CYA Sprint

Watched them install Lte antennas in Anaheim on Walnut st    finally lit up at speeds to 15m . But now cant receive or make voice calls. Called sprint several times after a friend stopped by and wondered if I change #s. So now  I received full bars  for data at the house ( I had WIFI anyway) but had to install their airwave to make or receive calls and cant stray to far or calls drop.  Sept cant  come fast enough CYA Sprint

Nice, two comments and one is a complaint ending with "CYA Sprint". Anyways, have you tried updating your PRL? Since your mini profile has an iphone try turning it off for 10 sec. Then hold the main front button and turn it on, keep holding the button until it boots all the way to the home screen.

• Like 2

Sounds like the phone may need ot be reprovisioned with the tower.  If you had the airave before that, you should disconnect it and then reprovision the phone to the tower.

Nice, two comments and one is a complaint ending with "CYA Sprint". Anyways, have you tried updating your PRL? Since your mini profile has an iphone try turning it off for 10 sec. Then hold the main front button and turn it on, keep holding the button until it boots all the way to the home screen.

I agree 100%.

I appreciate the troubleshoot advice reprovisioning to tower. Been  there and done that, also ##873283# and reset services, they also had me back the iphone  and do a complete new phone reset . I have 4 iphones on this account none of which will receive voice calls in this area. Only  when it goes into extended mode which is really roaming can I send or receive voice calls. This is been happening since the new antenna has been up and running  LTE data is fine up to 15megabits, also I just got the airwave/ minitower a few days ago.  I believe something's wrong with the voice module or maybe coax cable problem on that tower if they would check it out of would rather be an easy fix. Sprint's customer service and tecs are nice enough but I've never had more problems and broken promises from a  wireless provider.

I appreciate the troubleshoot advice reprovisioning to tower. Been  there and done that, also ##873283# and reset services, they also had me back the iphone  and do a complete new phone reset . I have 4 iphones on this account none of which will receive voice calls in this area. Only  when it goes into extended mode which is really roaming can I send or receive voice calls. This is been happening since the new antenna has been up and running  LTE data is fine up to 15megabits, also I just got the airwave/ minitower a few days ago.  I believe something's wrong with the voice module or maybe coax cable problem on that tower if they would check it out of would rather be an easy fix. Sprint's customer service and tecs are nice enough but I've never had more problems and broken promises from a  wireless provider.

If you can find the email, i think it is dan@sprint.com, that helps at times.  Others have used it to do the same thing.

Hi. I'm sure it's in here some where but need a quick answer. My dad lives in yorba Linda and has an s4 and so does he have Sprint spark or does he need to wait till Sprint rolls out the updates? Also what's with the non 800 in Orange county.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Is it the new s4 that just came out at the beginning of this month?  If it is, he should be spark enable for the phone.  If the s4 was from 2013 than it's not spark capable. 

no its from a few months ago. so he needs to wait for the update from sprint? So Spark is in his area then?