Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Just saw the new maps for OC and all I can say is impressive! We must be one of the counties that the new CEO is focusing on!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I, too, have seen the maps, and it does look very impressive. Can't wait to see what the network will actually be like in the next 6 months. I'm kinda disappointed that 2 of the towers I've been watching are scheduled for little to no upgrades, but the rest... It's really nice. The thing that confuses me the most is that one of the towers I'm talking about that will have no upgrades is the tower that services THE Sprint store I went to to get my OG EVO 4G back in 2010, and Epic 4G Touch later on. I guess it must be hard to get any sort of permit for upgrades on that specific tower, because everything around that area seems to be pretty good.

I missed the deal!!! Can I still get it?

Yes, I can still do that for you.  Just be sure to include your Gmail address in the notes of your donation.  Because you will receive a link to view in Google Docs.

I've noticed my connection and speed vastly improve in the past week in lower OC. for a few weeks I couldn't stream video and now I can stream without flaw. Also, when I run a Speedtest.net, I now am usually above 10 mbps along the freeway which is much improved as well. I just wish I knew how they were doing it.

The weird part is that upload continues to act weird.. For a couple seconds it will be 0.02 mbps before shooting up to around 0.7 Mbps. Very strange but it happens without fail.

I've noticed my connection and speed vastly improve in the past week in lower OC. for a few weeks I couldn't stream video and now I can stream without flaw. Also, when I run a Speedtest.net, I now am usually above 10 mbps along the freeway which is much improved as well. I just wish I knew how they were doing it.

The weird part is that upload continues to act weird.. For a couple seconds it will be 0.02 mbps before shooting up to around 0.7 Mbps. Very strange but it happens without fail.

They had a network issue all across California for the past few weeks which seems to have gotten fixed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, came home today to B25 LTE! I am so happy, lol. Only got 4-5 Mbps down, but who cares right now about since I finally have it. This is the tower right near the 5 freeway and Red Hill in Tustin. Just looked at my phone while getting out of my car, and had a great LTE signal.

• Like 6

Wow, came home today to B25 LTE! I am so happy, lol. Only got 4-5 Mbps down, but who cares right now about since I finally have it. This is the tower right near the 5 freeway and Red Hill in Tustin. Just looked at my phone while getting out of my car, and had a great LTE signal.

Wasn't that tower broadcasting for a while? But Tustin needs work, especially if you are around the post office on First Street.

Wasn't that tower broadcasting for a while? But Tustin needs work, especially if you are around the post office on First Street.

The tower off of Red Hill and the 5? I live here, I would know if it was broadcasting for a while. Many towers around it have been broadcasting, but this specific tower wasn't broadcasting LTE until I got home on the 30th. In fact, S4GRU doesn't even show it as 4G accepted yet since there hasn't been any updates for a while.

I do agree that Tustin does need work, but I don't think too many areas will improve until B26 LTE comes in a couple years to expand the footprint since most towers are broadcasting B25 now, and there are even some that have B41 enabled (Irvine blvd and Newport Ave is one area that has B41 now). I'm just happy that it's been so much better than before.

The tower off of Red Hill and the 5? I live here, I would know if it was broadcasting for a while. Many towers around it have been broadcasting, but this specific tower wasn't broadcasting LTE until I got home on the 30th. In fact, S4GRU doesn't even show it as 4G accepted yet since there hasn't been any updates for a while.

I do agree that Tustin does need work, but I don't think too many areas will improve until B26 LTE comes in a couple years to expand the footprint since most towers are broadcasting B25 now, and there are even some that have B41 enabled (Irvine blvd and Newport Ave is one area that has B41 now). I'm just happy that it's been so much better than before.

I know Sprint has a couple of towers around the area and LTE has been present. I am actually surprised that Clearwire has not been able to convert all of their WiMax towers to B41 yet because that would solve the problem as I am able to get good WiMax service in Tustin.

I know Sprint has a couple of towers around the area and LTE has been present. I am actually surprised that Clearwire has not been able to convert all of their WiMax towers to B41 yet because that would solve the problem as I am able to get good WiMax service in Tustin.

At this point I want Sprint to just deploy 8T8R RRUs and antennas for the remaining Clearwire sites and Sprint NV sites.  Sprint is not deploying anymore dual Wimax/LTE B41 RRUs since Wimax is shutting down in Nov 2015.  Hopefully by end of 2015 a decent amount of B41 LTE coverage is present in LA/OC.

At this point I want Sprint to just deploy 8T8R RRUs and antennas for the remaining Clearwire sites and Sprint NV sites.  Sprint is not deploying anymore dual Wimax/LTE B41 RRUs since Wimax is shutting down in Nov 2015.  Hopefully by end of 2015 a decent amount of B41 LTE coverage is present in LA/OC.

Why would Sprint stop in a market that only needs a software update to run both WiMax and LTE on Clearwire base stations? This could make the network very dense in some areas and provide a good start.

Why would Sprint stop in a market that only needs a software update to run both WiMax and LTE on Clearwire base stations? This could make the network very dense in some areas and provide a good start.

Los Angeles is Samsung clear.

You must be lucky to get good Wimax service here in Tustin because Wimax only covered very specific locations, namely, newport/mcfadden, 17th/the 55 freeway, very small parts of Tustin marketplace, Microcenter, and irvine blvd/newport. If you get B41 at all of those locations, there are pretty much no other towers to convert (you'd be able to see that on the Clearwire map in the Premier Sponsors section), and at this point, B25 and some new Sprint B41 LTE are covering those areas and more now.

I'm in Costa Mesa, and still waiting for B25, seems like the last towers are waiting for acceptance. I do get B41 from a tower that is behind my Oficce building but it doesnt reach too well as I am in the other corner of the building. Battery life suffers due to the low signal but speeds are great, better than my Moto X 2013  that parks in  3G which is unusable. I'll  post some screen shots after the break.

Los Angeles is Samsung clear.

Any they should be able to go Dual if they want to? I have seen plenty of Clear Towers in LA that are converted.

You must be lucky to get good Wimax service here in Tustin because Wimax only covered very specific locations, namely, newport/mcfadden, 17th/the 55 freeway, very small parts of Tustin marketplace, Microcenter, and irvine blvd/newport. If you get B41 at all of those locations, there are pretty much no other towers to convert (you'd be able to see that on the Clearwire map in the Premier Sponsors section), and at this point, B25 and some new Sprint B41 LTE are covering those areas and more now.

Along 17th Street into my parts of North Tustin, you can get very fast Wimax service but B41 LTE is not really available. Not sure why they stopped converting because Clearwire convertions are faster as current B41 LTE deployments by Sprint.

Any they should be able to go Dual if they want to? I have seen plenty of Clear Towers in LA that are converted.

Along 17th Street into my parts of North Tustin, you can get very fast Wimax service but B41 LTE is not really available. Not sure why they stopped converting because Clearwire convertions are faster as current B41 LTE deployments by Sprint.

No. They need physical equipment upgrades and the orders for that have ceased.

Samsung will have their equipment replaced by alcatel-lucent in the coming year as part of the geographic non compete clause.

Finally seeing LTE in Irvine near the small Kaiser Permanente on Barranca and E Yale Loop. I finally have usable data while waiting for a Dr. appointment. Wow. This area has improved a lot. Just waiting for the one near work and the one near the district now.

Finally seeing LTE in Irvine near the small Kaiser Permanente on Barranca and E Yale Loop. I finally have usable data while waiting for a Dr. appointment. Wow. This area has improved a lot. Just waiting for the one near work and the one near the district now.

How's anaheim, Fullerton?

No. They need physical equipment upgrades and the orders for that have ceased.

Samsung will have their equipment replaced by alcatel-lucent in the coming year as part of the geographic non compete clause.

I hope ALU get's soon the task to install B41 equipement on Clearwire sites. It's needed!

Dropped to 3g on the first floor... I guess I have to wait for B26 for that, but still, very much improved since last year.

How's anaheim, Fullerton?

I'm in those areas a lot. Most of it has decent coverage. More B41 found in Fullerton than in Anaheim but it really depends where. I'm often near disney and am a little disappointed on the speeds.

I'm in those areas a lot. Most of it has decent coverage. More B41 found in Fullerton than in Anaheim but it really depends where. I'm often near disney and am a little disappointed on the speeds.

I was in disneyland last night, LTE speeds were decent around 1.5mbps, but no band 41

Disneyland and California Adventure is still very hit or miss but OMG improved over a year ago. There are still parts of the parks that are completely dead or very slow 3g and of course the crowd size affects the signal dramatically. One thing about the parks is many of the line queues are underground and there's just no signal there and I don't think there ever will be. Above ground outdoors works very, well in most parts of the parks on normal crowd size days.