Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Delay text only happens to me with one friend on T-mobile, She has an iphone and all the texts come out of order and some are missed and then later delivered to complete the conversation.

I also noticed that group messaging lags since my friend on ATT always get the texts first from the Group Messaging.

• Like 1

The tower near the Mobil station on Aliso Creek Rd and Aliso Viejo Parkway just got B41 turned on. The antennas were installed for almost a year.

Glad to see some progress in the town.

• Like 2

Pretty much the same with my tower 2 blocks away from my office, B25 tower was upgraded and still on 3G, interactive maps show upgraded almost a year ago as well., I dont know if the reason is because there's a clear tower broadcasting B41 right behind my office building.

Anyone over near Anaheim Stadium? I'm just the other side of the 57. I've generally struggled with Sprint through much of OC, but in the past had 4G at home (would drop to 3G when going downstairs). Wasn't very fast, but was 'reliable'....though phone calls have always been poor voice quality,  regardless of where I am. 

About two months ago I suddenly started dropping to 3G, and often will notice that data dropped alltogether. It will randomly show 4G, but will hang a bit, than drop back to 3G. All I get from Sprint is the "please bare with us" nonsense. 

I will say that back around Januray spoke with a tech who seemed fairly high up. He was very knowledgeable, patient and pretty considerate (for a Sprint rep). I was a bit surprised when he said things are not going to improve, and the service I had at the time was as good as I should expect. I honestly wasn't expecting it to regress as it has, but it certainly hasn't improved!

Anyone over near Anaheim Stadium? I'm just the other side of the 57. I've generally struggled with Sprint through much of OC, but in the past had 4G at home (would drop to 3G when going downstairs). Wasn't very fast, but was 'reliable'....though phone calls have always been poor voice quality,  regardless of where I am. 

Sorry to hear about the bad service, have you reported all the issues thru the Sprint Zone App? I read on here and reddit to always submit on the App. So that might be another work around? 

What exactly you located? Any cross streets? 

Sorry to hear about the bad service, have you reported all the issues thru the Sprint Zone App? I read on here and reddit to always submit on the App. So that might be another work around? 

What exactly you located? Any cross streets? 

Thanks for the response. I haven't tried the app, just getting the regular "please bare with us" runaround from Sprint forums and phone support.

I'm near Orangewood and the 57. I'm actually moving to Huntington Beach in a month, but it looks like that area is struggling as well. I actually went into roaming (near Bolsa Chica and Warner).

Thanks for the response. I haven't tried the app, just getting the regular "please bare with us" runaround from Sprint forums and phone support.

I'm near Orangewood and the 57. I'm actually moving to Huntington Beach in a month, but it looks like that area is struggling as well. I actually went into roaming (near Bolsa Chica and Warner).

This is one of the areas I've been complaining about recently. This is a county wide problem though. Service has been deteriorating the past month or two and is getting worse. Very unreliable and it drops to no service or 3g.

This is one of the areas I've been complaining about recently. This is a county wide problem though. Service has been deteriorating the past month or two and is getting worse. Very unreliable and it drops to no service or 3g.

This is surprising considering the stadiums, mall and traffic in the area. Come to think of it, it's started for me about the same time that the recent baseball season started....

Just ran some tests, which are very representative of my experience...

Any recommendations on the best method to report the quality problems? I'd like to use the sprint zone app, but it's not an option for me since I have a nexus. I have called customer care in the past, but they don't do anything beyond telling me to reboot my phone or update PRL...

Any recommendations on the best method to report the quality problems? I'd like to use the sprint zone app, but it's not an option for me since I have a nexus. I have called customer care in the past, but they don't do anything beyond telling me to reboot my phone or update PRL...

I've been with Sprint for three years, and have found that they appear to have very little interest in actually helping customers. Granted, there are a few reps that actually do try, and give a very strong effort. But there seems to be a systemic policy/ethic that negates the value of the customer. It's as though they are more interested in the churn, and replacing customers (the half off deal), than supporting and keeping the ones they have.

I've been dealing with poor coverage in my current area the entire three years. I've heard nothing but excuses.

"we're working on it"

"there's an outage that's being repaired"

"upgrades are scheduled"

"no upgrades are scheduled, please be patient with us, as the future is going to be great"

"please bare with us"

Only once did I get what I felt was an honest answer. About a year ago, a senior tech (who clearly knew his stuff) said "it is what it is, there's no improvements coming".

So to answer your question, there are numerous places you can report an outage. But in the end, I think Sprint has a current plan in place that leaves no room for complaints. It's like purchasing cable, only to find half the promised channels aren't working yet, and you can only get 480p half the time. I don't see how Sprint gets away with it.

Still demanding my monthly "please bare with us" discount. 

All towers around your area have been upgraded. Perhaps they are doing some enhancements to the towers? I mean upgraded equipment shall bring more reliable services so I dont believe your services will get worse.

Have you tried tweeting @marcicarris? she works for customer service and heard she and her team are taking care of lots of customer complaints. Try it and let me know how that goes.

All towers around your area have been upgraded. Perhaps they are doing some enhancements to the towers? I mean upgraded equipment shall bring more reliable services so I dont believe your services will get worse.

Have you tried tweeting @marcicarris? she works for customer service and heard she and her team are taking care of lots of customer complaints. Try it and let me know how that goes.

I actually don't 'tweet', but thanks for the suggestion....

The following is the tower status from a Sprint rep from a few weeks ago. Looks pretty far from 'upgraded' to me. In fact, it makes me wonder when/if things will ever improve. 

The closest tower to the location you provided (.2 miles away) is near South Anita Drive. The following upgrades have taken place;

4G 2500 MHz:

Completed (8/6/2013)

4G 1900 MHz:

N/A

4G 800 MHz:

Not Scheduled

3G 1900 MHz:

N/A

Voice / 1xRTT 800 MHz:

N/A

Backhaul:

The next closest tower to your location (.3 miles away) is near W. Chapman Avenue and have the following upgrades:

4G 2500 MHz:

Completed (10/18/2014)

4G 1900 MHz:

Completed (10/13/2013)

4G 800 MHz:

Not Scheduled

3G 1900 MHz:

Completed (9/24/2013)

Voice / 1xRTT 800 MHz:

Not Scheduled

Backhaul:

Ethernet

I actually don't 'tweet', but thanks for the suggestion....

Tweeting has been very effective since Marcelo took over.

Id suggest opening up an account and give it a go.

Also as a premier member on this forum we have access to maps showing upgrades done on NV 1.0 that might be more accurate than whatever you heard from Sprint.

I haven't really experienced the issues some have described. I'm still connecting to B41 (both Clearwire and Sprint) in the regular areas. However, I did recently start a new job, and no longer get Sprint B41 at my office, but I do get a very strong B25 signal since I'm staring at the site from my office window right now (-82 dbm as I type). Hopefully it gets upgraded to B41 soon, but B25 suffices and I never drop from it deep inside the office.

But, I will chime in that Sprint service has seriously degraded at the gym I go to near the Spectrum. I think this partly has to do with the new office tower they're building next to the Spectrum, as it now slightly blocks the signal from a site just beyond it. Prior to 4-6 months ago, I could usually get an LTE signal, but if not, the 3G would do just fine. Now, forget about LTE unless I'm close to a window and facing my phone in the right direction, and the 3G in the gym is horrid, can't stream music and most of the time it takes minutes (and sometimes not even at all) to load ESPN or refresh Twitter. It's so bad, even reporting the issue thru the Sprint Zone App takes too long, so I've pretty much stopped from doing that (I was reporting every few weeks). Every now and then my phone will just drop to 1x.

Out of curiosity, anyone in the OC area on Project Fi or waiting for an invite? I'm eagerly waiting for my invite. I do know that T-Mobile has a strong LTE signal at my gym (I did a test drive with them back in early May), so this could really compliment my needs as this is really the only area Sprint isn't cutting it for me.

Tweeting has been very effective since Marcelo took over.

Id suggest opening up an account and give it a go.

Also as a premier member on this forum we have access to maps showing upgrades done on NV 1.0 that might be more accurate than whatever you heard from Sprint.

Hope my response didn't come across as obnoxious as any way. I have (had) an account from about 2010, just never used it....I don't follow personalities/celebreties. But can see the value of using it for this (in a limited text kind of way), an will give it a go. 

Ultimately I will probably be forced to leave for Verizon. While all mobile companies seem to have issues, I've been especially surprised by the depth of Sprint's lack of care for customer concerns. The business model really seems to be "charge than build", rather than "build than charge". I've never seen so many ways to dismiss customer concerns, or feign ignorance. 

Ok, thanks for the help! End of rant :)

So I tried tweeting, and get a very quick response. Ended up speaking with a tier 2 rep, but less than impressed. His first comment was that my phone (note 2) is only 3G......

We'll see. He's checking on things.

So I tried tweeting, and get a very quick response. Ended up speaking with a tier 2 rep, but less than impressed. His first comment was that my phone (note 2) is only 3G......

We'll see. He's checking on things.

Is the Note 2 Spark capable? 

No, but it's a 4g LTE phone (per everything I've read).

Yup your phone is LTE band 25

I'll see if I have a chance to drive around your area and check out how my moto x works. I used to pass by there on my way back home from work but now take the 91 so its been a while.

• Like 1

Yup your phone is LTE band 25

I'll see if I have a chance to drive around your area and check out how my moto x works. I used to pass by there on my way back home from work but now take the 91 so its been a while.

Not only that, but the rep also stated that "all carriers will have single band phones" (as Sprint is doing with Spark). Seems that was also wrong....

Oh yeah, the rep also failed to call me at the promised time. As much as I appreciate the response via the tweet, it's really sad to see so much mis-information and lack of follow through. 

As for the signal. About the only thing that, was update the PRL. I showed more of a 4G signal initially, but speed test results were the same as before. About .6M down and 1.3 up.

Update.......tried contacting via tweet again. 

Received a call from the tech department stating there IS a problem with the tower closest to my location. They state it's either a power issue, or 4G is faulty. Either way, it's being worked on now.....

Not only that, but the rep also stated that "all carriers will have single band phones" (as Sprint is doing with Spark). Seems that was also wrong....

Oh yeah, the rep also failed to call me at the promised time. As much as I appreciate the response via the tweet, it's really sad to see so much mis-information and lack of follow through. 

As for the signal. About the only thing that, was update the PRL. I showed more of a 4G signal initially, but speed test results were the same as before. About .6M down and 1.3 up.

Update.......tried contacting via tweet again. 

Received a call from the tech department stating there IS a problem with the tower closest to my location. They state it's either a power issue, or 4G is faulty. Either way, it's being worked on now.....

Do not expect call center reps to provide network or handset tech support beyond script reading.  That is unrealistic.  If they had the necessary education, training, and access, they would be engineers or technicians, not call center reps.

The most likely explanation is that you are on a site where band 25 is congested.  That happens -- especially as you are still on an old Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which is single band on Sprint.  Orange County is a tough situation right now because of the delay to deploy band 26.  But band 41 certainly will help.  And you presently have no access to band 41 with your old handset.

Basically, if you want a good Sprint experience, you need to take responsibility to upgrade to a tri band handset.

AJ

• Like 2

Do not expect call center reps to provide network or handset tech support beyond script reading.  That is unrealistic.  If they had the necessary education, training, and access, they would be engineers or technicians, not call center reps.

The most likely explanation is that you are on a site where band 25 is congested.  That happens -- especially as you are still on an old Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which is single band on Sprint.  Orange County is a tough situation right now because of the delay to deploy band 26.  But band 41 certainly will help.  And you presently have no access to band 41 with your old handset.

Basically, if you want a good Sprint experience, you need to take responsibility to upgrade to a tri band handset.

AJ

Appreciate the response, and agree about the first tier support being unable to help. I find fault more with Sprint's support ethic, where reps seem to have the ability to say anything at any time, regardless the situation.

And yes, my Note 2 is a bit older. But regardless, I had decent service at home, and now I'm stuck on .60m 3G. This would have been solved if someone at Sprint actually tried to resolve the issue, rather than say "we're in a network upgrade process, please bare with us"........

I've been out of contract for a few months. And while I'm heavily interested in the Note 5 (aside from hardware changes, which mystify me), I don't see myself signing a new contract with Sprint. Especially when they only offer one antenna Spark service going forward. All the services have issues, but Sprint takes the cake thus far.