Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

2.5 panels up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85iVYIl8Sz4N3UzMmpDRjNHMmc/edit?usp=sharing

Cross streets are Bardeen and Dupont in Irvine.

Oh wow, I work really close to there (Michelson and Jamboree). I assume that place isn't close enough to get the band 41 coming from John Wayne Airport. I remember when I finally got the official Spark update for my Nexus 5, I parked in the parking lot for IHOP near the airport, and tested it. It was a beautiful day. I'm glad to see them finally moving more south to encompass more of Irvine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So before this thread goes dead how is everyone's service going in the OC? They are doing another 2.5 upgrade on a sprint tower in Newport Upper Bay. It's the tower build into the cross on a church. Good to see all the 2.5 upgrades happening.

• Like 1

Service hasn't really changed much for me, so that's probably why this thread is so quiet. I'm glad to hear that more NV 2.5 upgrades are going up. Otherwise, this day is like any other day. There's a map in the sponsor's section I follow called "NV Sites Complete Maps", and I pretty much wait for that to be updated, mainly watching the Irvine and Tustin area. The good news is that you can see them slowly upgrading sites that were not even NV 1.0 into NV 3G sites, so even though there isn't much noise in this thread, there are quite a bit of upgrades happening in the background. For example, 3 out of the 4 towers I'm mainly watching in Irvine finally got NV 3G after being on legacy hardware since forever. Now I'm just waiting on them to finally get LTE, and for the 4th tower to be upgraded. I haven't really seen if data speeds or coverage has improved yet since I barely got back from my vacation, but I hope so.

So before this thread goes dead how is everyone's service going in the OC? They are doing another 2.5 upgrade on a sprint tower in Newport Upper Bay. It's the tower build into the cross on a church. Good to see all the 2.5 upgrades happening.

it definitely has improved. But still need 800 LTE in South OC.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'm mostly waiting for better network consistency than speed. Most towers I connect to have <5MB LTE speeds, but there are still a number of towers in north OC needing upgrades (something, anything!). The tower closest to my house (with 3G/LTE accepted) has inconsistent voice call quality and I'm getting ready to call customer service about it.

I'm also waiting for a quarterly update from the 800mhz TA to get some insight into what's going on with the transition, since we're still very desperate for better building penetration.

I'm mostly waiting for better network consistency than speed. Most towers I connect to have <5MB LTE speeds, but there are still a number of towers in north OC needing upgrades (something, anything!). The tower closest to my house (with 3G/LTE accepted) has inconsistent voice call quality and I'm getting ready to call customer service about it.

I'm also waiting for a quarterly update from the 800mhz TA to get some insight into what's going on with the transition, since we're still very desperate for better building penetration.

Not much better in Irvine and Lake forest.. still waiting on several towers to get any kind of NV in the locations I frequent.  I see way to much <1MBs and quite often <0.5MBs.

Same same in Aliso Viejo. I've been waiting forever for these towers to get 4g upgrades. It sucks because there is a string of 3g only towers near me why makes my daily commute 3g only as I stream to and from work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Same for me. Northern, mid, Southern OC is alright. I usually get 1900 mhz LTE but it is quite congested in my opinion. When connected to 2.5 I usually get great speeds. My only complaint is 2.5 not being widespread enough, but that'll happen in due time.

Edited by HTCandroid

There are only 4 Sprint legacy towers left in the Brea/La Habra/Fullerton area, and my home tower is one of them. Luckily, it is colocated with Clear B41 and calls on the Sprint legacy are reliable. Finally got B25 at the Brea Mall.

Edit: I didn't count the mini sites along Carbon Canyon...seems like none of those canyon road sites are upgraded yet

• Like 1

There are only 4 Sprint legacy towers left in the Brea/La Habra/Fullerton area, and my home tower is one of them. Luckily, it is colocated with Clear B41 and calls on the Sprint legacy are reliable. Finally got B25 at the Brea Mall.

Edit: I didn't count the mini sites along Carbon Canyon...seems like none of those canyon road sites are upgraded yet

Yes, I experienced the B25 in Brea mall today. So nice to actually get LTE in there and be able to make uninterrupted calls.

• Like 1

Yes, I experienced the B25 in Brea mall today. So nice to actually get LTE in there and be able to make uninterrupted calls.

it's great at the kids play area, the rug rats can romp and I can tune out on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, —-------- has gone from 3g to 4g! This is the tower in Aliso Viejo near Paso de Valencia and Alicia Parkway.

This is the tower that services my house and unfortunately, I still don't get 4g there but... It makes my drive better and will offload people so my 3g will be faster (I have wifi in my house but I like to go on walks).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Very disappointed in the data and voice connections i got in Disneyland yesterday.  Slow downloads and faint signals.  Sometimes would pick up LTE, but only lasted for a few seconds.    Signals non-existent inside the Indiana Jones line.  .   Worst part is the poor signal drains the battery of the LG G3.  This was my first trip with a "Spark" capable of phone, but I saw no improvement over my S3 galaxy, from a couple months ago.

Orange County needs 800 LTE

Very disappointed in the data and voice connections i got in Disneyland yesterday.  Slow downloads and faint signals.  Sometimes would pick up LTE, but only lasted for a few seconds.    Signals non-existent inside the Indiana Jones line.  .   Worst part is the poor signal drains the battery of the LG G3.  This was my first trip with a "Spark" capable of phone, but I saw no improvement over my S3 galaxy, from a couple months ago.

The area around the park used to be very well covered by Nextel especially since Disney used to be a big Nextel customer. Sprint lost that contract and they need to install a DAS system at the park or launch 800LTE

Very disappointed in the data and voice connections i got in Disneyland yesterday. Slow downloads and faint signals. Sometimes would pick up LTE, but only lasted for a few seconds. Signals non-existent inside the Indiana Jones line. . Worst part is the poor signal drains the battery of the LG G3. This was my first trip with a "Spark" capable of phone, but I saw no improvement over my S3 galaxy, from a couple months ago.

Although I do agree that we need 800 LTE, all the sites surrounding disneyland have not yet been upgraded to NV and Band 41 is not yet fully activated. Once those things are addressed, I'm sure your experience will be a lot better.

Your experience in California Adventure should be much better than the disneyland side.

I'm pretty sure no company has coverage in the Indiana Jones Queue, it goes several stories underground (I think it's under New Orleans Square somewhere). There is also no ceverage down inside Soarin' over California as it's also several levels below ground. 

DCA has indeed got quite a bit better coverage but I've got to admit it is significantly better in both parks than it was a year ago!

Coverage has  improved on the calling side but data still lags a bit in Disneyland, sites seem congested due to all visitors. There's only one tower left to be upgraded near the park so hope this fixes the issue.

I get great LTE service near Small world

The area around the park used to be very well covered by Nextel especially since Disney used to be a big Nextel customer. Sprint lost that contract and they need to install a DAS system at the park or launch 800LTE

Nextel service was great inside the park but some rides like Indiana did not get service. I wonder if Disneyland had repeaters or any equipment inside the park since the park operated with nextel walkie talkies.

A Clearwire B41 site was turned on last Friday near The Marketplace in Irvine. I was able to hold onto the signal inside the Best Buy, where I could previously not hold onto the B25 LTE signal. 

I posted more info in the Premier Section.

• Like 2

Coverage has  improved on the calling side but data still lags a bit in Disneyland, sites seem congested due to all visitors. There's only one tower left to be upgraded near the park so hope this fixes the issue.

I get great LTE service near Small world

Nextel service was great inside the park but some rides like Indiana did not get service. I wonder if Disneyland had repeaters or any equipment inside the park since the park operated with nextel walkie talkies.

Nextel had a special Disney Network deployed but that has been taken down and not replaced

A Clearwire B41 site was turned on last Friday near The Marketplace in Irvine. I was able to hold onto the signal inside the Best Buy, where I could previously not hold onto the B25 LTE signal. 

I posted more info in the Premier Section.

There could be a cluster because I have seen a couple of Ericsson Trucks in Tustin today working on some sites. Not sure that they will due the upgrade but I have to wait until I see the G2 of my sister to register the difference

• Like 1

Huh... My home tower on 3g is receiving it's highest data speeds to data. It is now 59 ms 1.36 down and 0.86 up which is up from 131 ms 0.31 down 0.10 up. Very glad to see this as this is a lot more usable if I get drop off 4g on my drive. I would attach photos but that function doesn't work on Android L and Tapatalk.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...