Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

So what is the deal in South OC and Ladera Ranch?  Coverage seems to have gotten worse!  I cannot get LTE in any reliable capacity near my home, in the middle of Ladera Ranch, and the area is supposed to have two fully working, upgraded LTE towers right now- am I wrong, or aren't both Ladera Ranch towers now full LTE?

They might be LTE accepted but still waiting for fiber and/or backhaul. Theres more than 2 accepted site in your area.

Are all the sites surrounding Ladera accepted? Can anyone comment on whether back haul had been done?

Recommend becoming a sponsor, it will provide more info in regards sites, location of towers and acceptance.

• Like 2

Aliso Viejo just got a lot more filled in. I believe a tower near/on the 73 just went 4G. I think the map that is supposed to show all sites regardless of network vision status is a little outdated because it looked like the majority of the towers in the main part of Aliso were complete. I'm excited to see the 4G complete map updated so I can see what happened.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There's a tower that is 1000 feet away from my office that I can see clearly from my window that I am hoping will get upgraded soon.  I tether because I don't want the company knowing what I am doing and 4G will help alot.

For people who have S4GRU sponsor access... I posted some graphs of the OC network vision updates over time at http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-Comments-related-to-NV-Sites-Complete-&-Site-Acceptance-Update-Threads&do=findComment&comment=218619

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

How do you become a sponsor? Is it through that PayPal donation on the front page?

I would love to check out the upgrade plans for San Clemente and South Orange County. 3G only makes me a sad panda :(

How do you become a sponsor? Is it through that PayPal donation on the front page?

I would love to check out the upgrade plans for San Clemente and South Orange County. 3G only makes me a sad panda :(

The donate button is on the top right  of this page 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

Heres the direct link for donation.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=bzKR64dzangLa-T5VXHjbAcnYjsuLAhdfbVWdXVUV2NHOfc5fMfirZbYiZm&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8def8934b92a630e40b7fef61ab7e9fe63

I've noticed a lot of AT&T trucks in the Aliso Viejo area recently and 4g starting to pick up in the area. Is AT&T in charge of the backhaul in our area? I also noticed one of their trucks near the basil one exit so hopefully that one goes 4G soon too.

I've noticed a lot of AT&T trucks in the Aliso Viejo area recently and 4g starting to pick up in the area. Is AT&T in charge of the backhaul in our area? I also noticed one of their trucks near the basil one exit so hopefully that one goes 4G soon too. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I get the feeling at&t and Sprint share a lot of sites being the eldest of the carriers.

I am having a problem finding the primary tower that appears to serve me/the Aliso Viejo neighborhoods.

Apps are saying that the tower is here:
zyqyruzu.jpg

ugajygy3.jpg

When I noticed that I didn't see this particular tower on the S4GRU map that shows all towers, I went on a hunt and when I got there I only saw this:

eha3agu5.jpg

Does anyone know a definitive way to find out tower I am connected to so I can get cross reference that you to the NV complete maps?

Also, does ehrpd mean I am connected to an upgraded tower?

Thanks!!!

For people who have S4GRU sponsor access... I posted some updated graphs of the OC network vision updates over time at the below link.  I will likely update every 2 weeks to a month:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-comments-related-to-nv-sites-complete-site-acceptance-update-threads/?p=226381

I am having a problem finding the primary tower that appears to serve me/the Aliso Viejo neighborhoods.

When I noticed that I didn't see this particular tower on the S4GRU map that shows all towers, I went on a hunt and when I got there I only saw this:

Does anyone know a definitive way to find out tower I am connected to so I can get cross reference that you to the NV complete maps?

Thanks!!!

I have had luck finding them by just using ##debug#. Granted I did that before I knew about signalcheck or became a sponsor.

Edited by WiWavelength
Please do not quote huge pics. Otherwise, a moderator has to come in and fix the issue for you.

Anyone else notice that the Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List has been updated showing that OC is launched as of 10/31/13?  

I really hope this is true, but they really need to speed up deployment in Irvine and south.. The NV sites complete maps look really spotty down hear for even 3G complete much less LTE.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice that the Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List has been updated showing that OC is launched as of 10/31/13?  

I really hope this is true, but they really need to speed up deployment in Irvine and south.. The NV sites complete maps look really spotty down hear for even 3G complete much less LTE.

You aren't kidding about SOUTH haha. Northern seems to be pretty good, but where from Anaheim on Southern is super spotty with weak connections at best.

Thanks!!!

Apps cannot show the location of the tower you are connected to because they do not broadcast their location! Usually, they broadcast a point offset several blocks, or even miles from the actual site. We don't know why this is done, but most markets you cannot rely on these apps to find cell sites, you need S4GRU's maps. 

Anaheim and Santa Ana are being launched tomorrow. So not all of the OC market.

Apps cannot show the location of the tower you are connected to because they do not broadcast their location! Usually, they broadcast a point offset several blocks, or even miles from the actual site. We don't know why this is done, but most markets you cannot rely on these apps to find cell sites, you need S4GRU's maps. 

Anaheim and Santa Ana are being launched tomorrow. So not all of the OC market.

What do you mean when you say "launched"? I am in Anaheim a lot and it is really spotty. Just yesterday nothing would load on 3G when I was right next to Disneyland! I Anaheim my phone can only make calls and send texts unless connected to WiFi.

What do you mean when you say "launched"? I am in Anaheim a lot and it is really spotty. Just yesterday nothing would load on 3G when I was right next to Disneyland! I Anaheim my phone can only make calls and send texts unless connected to WiFi.

"Launched" means that Sprint will send out a press release tomorrow stating that LTE is available in Santa Ana and Anaheim, and the coverage will be added to the coverage maps. You'll also be able to call in trouble tickets on LTE, something you haven't been able to do at this point.

"Launched" does not mean that the network is complete, or that you should expect LTE everywhere. Work will continue on the market for many more months until it is complete.

Sprint launches an area when the LTE coverage reaches about 40% of the population. 

"Launched" means that Sprint will send out a press release tomorrow stating that LTE is available in Santa Ana and Anaheim, and the coverage will be added to the coverage maps. You'll also be able to call in trouble tickets on LTE, something you haven't been able to do at this point.

"Launched" does not mean that the network is complete, or that you should expect LTE everywhere. Work will continue on the market for many more months until it is complete.

Sprint launches an area when the LTE coverage reaches about 40% of the population. 

Yea I know launched means only around 40%. It seems like when they first launched LA at 40% it had a lot better coverage than Anaheim.

Service has improved in the Disneyland area. I was there on Saturday. The park was real busy, LTE and 3G speeds were usable. 

Last year, the Disney area was useless, calls not going thru, texts failing to send no 3G service. I'm enjoying NV.

You aren't kidding about SOUTH haha. Northern seems to be pretty good, but where from Anaheim on Southern is super spotty with weak connections at best.

Yeah, Looks like they are launching LTE for those where were lucky enough to already have WiMax.  The rest of us who were not so lucky have to continue to suffer with the old network for a while longer.

This is about the spot Clear wire ran out of $$ last time... Leaving Irvine at a snails pace..  I am hopeful that with the Softbank buyout it won't be a repeat of that with LTE roll out.