Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

I still have the stock PRL and held 1x800 on Rocky River from Hickory Ridge to 485 and up 485 almost to 29! I'm not sure which tower it was, as the Peabody, Mass location was showing up on SignalCheck, but that wasn't available just last week! I made a couple voicemail calls with no issue. The signal was fairly weak (RSSI was at best, -90 or so, mostly higher).

I still have the stock PRL and held 1x800 on Rocky River from Hickory Ridge to 485 and up 485 almost to 29! I'm not sure which tower it was, as the Peabody, Mass location was showing up on SignalCheck, but that wasn't available just last week! I made a couple voicemail calls with no issue. The signal was fairly weak (RSSI was at best, -90 or so, mostly higher).

I am picking up 1x800 inside of the Harris Teeter @ Rocky River & 485 but, for the love of.. I can't make a call. At Reedy Creek park I can make a call just fine. Also picked up 1X800 on West Blvd & Old Steele Creek.

I plan on taking Hwy 49 then 64 on my way to Raleigh this weekend. Will do some mapping

I am picking up 1x800 inside of the Harris Teeter @ Rocky River & 485 but, for the love of.. I can't make a call. At Reedy Creek park I can make a call just fine. Also picked up 1X800 on West Blvd & Old Steele Creek.

I plan on taking Hwy 49 then 64 on my way to Raleigh this weekend. Will do some mapping

I think I understand why there aren't many LTE updates right now, they've deployed 1x800 on 2 towers in the Gold Hill area and another in the northern part of Concord (3800 Hahn Blvd, according to SignalCheck), towards Mt. Pleasant, according to SignalCheck.

I had 1x800 from Central Cabarrus HS over to the triangle in Concord (29/601, by the Ben Mynatt dealerships), and all the way up 29 to Kannapolis! My RSSI was -70s to -90s the entire time.

I also have solid 1x800 at my house now and all the way down I-85, nearly to Speedway Blvd from that Concord tower. I used the distance measurement tool from Google Map Labs and to check the distance between where it dropped and the tower and that's a 14-mile reach!!! :o  :tu:

I have the stock PRL still and it must favor 1x800 to some degree, as I had no 1xRTT until right before the Speedway Blvd exit. I made a few test calls to voicemail along the way and all were crystal clear. I had a RSSI in the upper -90s most of the way down I-85.

• Like 2

I think I understand why there aren't many LTE updates right now, they've deployed 1x800 on 2 towers in the Gold Hill area and another in the northern part of Concord (3800 Hahn Blvd, according to SignalCheck), towards Mt. Pleasant, according to SignalCheck.

I had 1x800 from Central Cabarrus HS over to the triangle in Concord (29/601, by the Ben Mynatt dealerships), and all the way up 29 to Kannapolis! My RSSI was -70s to -90s the entire time.

I also have solid 1x800 at my house now and all the way down I-85, nearly to Speedway Blvd from that Concord tower. I used the distance measurement tool from Google Map Labs and to check the distance between where it dropped and the tower and that's a 14-mile reach!!! :o  :tu:

I have the stock PRL still and it must favor 1x800 to some degree, as I had no 1xRTT until right before the Speedway Blvd exit. I made a few test calls to voicemail along the way and all were crystal clear. I had a RSSI in the upper -90s most of the way down I-85.

I've connected to 800 in Mt Pleasant on Hwy 73W, Stough rd and Albemarle rd in Midland.

In the attached file I was about 8 miles as the crow flies from that tower, when I took the screenshot.

2013-09-12_19-17-43.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm at CIC in 3A2 and I get no lte at all... I've gotten it in the courtyard after sitting out there for a bit, but even then it wasn't that good. Let's hope Sprint does this tower right the first time around, this is a busy area and if I don't get some good lte soon, I'll likely leave sprint cause I can't take it anymore.

Just looked at my phone and it says 4G, it's about time they got that tower upgraded. It's been working on and off, but mostly very poorly for the past several weeks now. I hope they keep the lte turned on from here on out.

Yes, I'm at CIC in 3A2 and I get no lte at all... I've gotten it in the courtyard after sitting out there for a bit, but even then it wasn't that good. Let's hope Sprint does this tower right the first time around, this is a busy area and if I don't get some good lte soon, I'll likely leave sprint cause I can't take it anymore.

Just looked at my phone and it says 4G, it's about time they got that tower upgraded. It's been working on and off, but mostly very poorly for the past several weeks now. I hope they keep the lte turned on from here on out.

I find it ironic that they finally got our work tower done RIGHT when I'm switching to a job next week where I can work from home as much as I'd like. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Patience is a virtue, let's just hope that they continue to progress and eventually LTE will be available everywhere on the Sprint network.

I guess you guys didn't see the 21 updates just last week... Some weeks will be better than others. Especially when they're turning NV 3G on in droves.

• Like 1

I have given up hope for sprint. Verizon here I come.

The thing that bothers me about your post is... you took the time to research Sprint well, you became a sponsor... you have since come to realize that the ENTIRE FREAKIN' AREA around you is loaded with LTE... Yes, Rock Hill is behind.. but they do not have anything else to do but you... Just a bit longer dude!

The thing that bothers me about your post is... you took the time to research Sprint well, you became a sponsor... you have since come to realize that the ENTIRE FREAKIN' AREA around you is loaded with LTE... Yes, Rock Hill is behind.. but they do not have anything else to do but you... Just a bit longer dude!

Sure...wake me up when there is LTE uptown

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

Sure...wake me up when there is LTE uptown

When in uptown a few months ago it was hit or miss... But last month out there we had it most of the time.... But that is irrelevant as you seem to have decided on Verizon... And that is fine (heck, along with keeping Sprint I am getting Verizon next month so it would be hypocritical of me to judge you -- I just can't imagine only having a phone with metered data)...

When in uptown a few months ago it was hit or miss... But last month out there we had it most of the time.... But that is irrelevant as you seem to have decided on Verizon... And that is fine (heck, along with keeping Sprint I am getting Verizon next month so it would be hypocritical of me to judge you -- I just can't imagine only having a phone with metered data)...

(I'm not jumping to Verizon, that's somebody else.) There is one tower just outside of uptown that is broadcasting 4G so you can sometimes get a signal, but the main sites in the city have not yet been upgraded. And definitely no coverage indoors.

I am Uptown and it depends were you are. In my building you get a fairly week signal but only near the window, and nothing in the Hearst tower across the street. And the 4g I usually get has been down the last 2 days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Oh look , another update.

Charlotte only got one.

What a surprise.

It happens to be my work tower! W00t! It's had the equipment installed since early last year!

Actually, I think something odd has occurred. I've been monitoring this site very closely since the last report and I have seen nothing happen other than a new generator get installed for AT&T. I'm beginning to think that the same inspector did both the generator and the Sprint stuff.

Oh look , another update.

Charlotte only got one.

What a surprise.

I thought you went to Verizon... 

If you can have the patience it will happen soon.  If not, then stop spamming the board with negativity.... 

• 2 weeks later...