Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

Site acceptance reports from Tuesday (12/3), Wednesday (12/4), Thursday (12/5), Friday (12/6):

* Charlotte - 2 updates (3G)

One of those was the last un-updated tower uptown! Yay.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that here in Charlotte, we haven't seen eHRPD in a few months now.  Wonder why this may be happening.  As soon as I head to work, which is in the Myrtle Beach Market, I'm on eHRPD.  It's kinda frustrating, since when you drop off of LTE, you have a gap in the data stream falling back to EvDo Rev. A. 

I've noticed that here in Charlotte, we haven't seen eHRPD in a few months now.  Wonder why this may be happening.  As soon as I head to work, which is in the Myrtle Beach Market, I'm on eHRPD.  It's kinda frustrating, since when you drop off of LTE, you have a gap in the data stream falling back to EvDo Rev. A. 

^^^THIS. LTE handoffs have been a huge issue for me, as I live at the edge of an LTE cell and flop back and forth between LTE and Ev-DO. I was actually going to post something about this tomorrow, to ask why we don't have eHRPD.

^^^THIS. LTE handoffs have been a huge issue for me, as I live at the edge of an LTE cell and flop back and forth between LTE and Ev-DO. I was actually going to post something about this tomorrow, to ask why we don't have eHRPD.

Well I am glad to hear it is not just me. I was uncertain if this was just because I am running CM11 or if it was a thing with the network in Charlotte. At least I an finally getting LTE uptown.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

I've seen some of that too... has anyone called Sprint to help out with the coverage in the Rocky River / Lower Rocky River Rd tower by chance? They have a PinPoint system where the request/complaints about service go and there's a tower right at 8030 Lower Rocky River that Sprint could do themselves a solid, hanging off of. There's a desperate need for Sprint coverage out there that the other towers just can't really provide, even with 800.

I've seen some of that too... has anyone called Sprint to help out with the coverage in the Rocky River / Lower Rocky River Rd tower by chance? They have a PinPoint system where the request/complaints about service go and there's a tower right at 8030 Lower Rocky River that Sprint could do themselves a solid, hanging off of. There's a desperate need for Sprint coverage out there that the other towers just can't really provide, even with 800.

There is a water tower on Rocky River Road in between Hickory Ridge Road and Robinson Church Road that has Clearwire equipment on it. I really wish they would convert that to a full NV site to help with the very spotty coverage that they have in the area.

-Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Bout time I just hope this is true

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1

I got that same message and wrote back to it advising of the dismal service along Rocky River Rd, behind Harrisburg. I gave the the address of that tower I mentioned above in hopes that someone got it on their side.

Bout time I just hope this is true

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1

I got that same message and wrote back to it advising of the dismal service along Rocky River Rd, behind Harrisburg. I gave the the address of that tower I mentioned above in hopes that someone got it on their side.

Same text message went out to people in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Nebraska and New York. I wouldn't read to much into it.

There is no one monitoring the other side of that communication. It's like a noreply@ mail address.

I think these messages are just talking about Network Vision upgrades. I don't think it's about LTE specifically. It's just a message to give hope for these millions considering leaving for Tmo.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think these messages are just talking about Network Vision upgrades. I don't think it's about LTE specifically. It's just a message to give hope for these millions considering leaving for Tmo.

Pretty deceiving.... If I was one of those customers and was mislead into thinking there are upgrades coming soon and it takes many more months....well I wouldn't be too happy.

Pretty deceiving.... If I was one of those customers and was mislead into thinking there are upgrades coming soon and it takes many more months....well I wouldn't be too happy.

They are indeed upgrades. They didn't mention LTE. However, I do believe this is a desperate move to try to keep subscribers. I think the progress in the next 30 days will not be much better than the past 30. I hope to be wrong though.

• Like 2

I'm happy to see new 3G/4G and 3G Sprint service sites in the CLT market.  One in the Taylorsville area and one just S.E. of Mooresville!  Thanks for the update Robert!  I've been noticing the one near Taylorsville for about two weeks and thought hey, this is cool!  Hoping this is the start of a new trend for the CLT market.

• Like 1

i have certainly noticed that the LTE handoff is really bad as of late everything is Ev-do and LTE if i lose an LTE connection i have to toggle airplane mode to get it back. Sigh sprint

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just wondering if any of you guys have driven around the Charlotte Motor Speeway area lately?  There appears to be what looks like a new cell tower on Pitts School road (in between Pitts School Road Elementry and Morris Glen).  No antennas on it yet, just curious if anyone has heard if it might be a Sprint tower? The surrounding Harrisburg area and neighborhoods on Pitt School Road could definitely use it!!

• Like 1

i have certainly noticed that the LTE handoff is really bad as of late everything is Ev-do and LTE if i lose an LTE connection i have to toggle airplane mode to get it back. Sigh sprint

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I actually sent an email to dan@sprint.com yesterday about getting eHRPD back on (that's the problem: eHRPD makes handoffs smooth and is on market-wide in every market except for ours seemingly). I'll post on this thread if I get any results.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know i am up in statesville and not having eHRPD is awful as only 3 towers in Statesville only have LTE in the most Uncommon like off of 64 and 90 taylorsville area a tower behind Mitchell CC Continuing education and another tower towards E broad ST i have not seen yet not the one near 77 like towards the Boonies but it makes no sense reason why the tower at the 77/40 interchange does not have LTE as that is the most populated area :/ and driving around going back and forth from 4g to 3g the data hardly works cause of the poor hand offs of not having eHRDP its annoying

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Now if that would also include the Hickory and Conover area, I too would have reason to celebrate.  Hickory tried to woo them 4 or so years ago for Gigabit Fiber and at some point Google laid a bunch of fiber in and around the Hickory area for schools and libraries to use.  They have some running right past my office and it isn't near a school or library.  It seems to me that Google may already have key infrastructure throughout this area, though it isn't specifically mentioned.

Ugh, bad news: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2099005/google-fiber-contest-opens-up-to-34-more-cities-including-san-francisco-bay-area.html

Seems that Charlotte will not have any metro areas included :(