Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

I am getting LTE in about half of my neighborhood now, off Dovershire in the Sardis Forest area. I have it mapped on Sensorly. I don't know if there is another tower intended to cover the back half, or if it's just a dead zone, but it is impossible to hold any kind of a signal right now.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm starting to pick up more LTE service all across town. I stay in the University Area right off of exit 46 on 85, and I can get a good signal heading towards UNCC's campus and until I get to Mallard Creek. Just hoping that everything continues to grow at a fairly decent pace. Friends with other services still have better LTE coverage than I do, but I'm happy to almost have a consistent one everywhere I go. Even 3G speeds have picked up some as well and better coverage.

• Like 1

W-w-what?! Is this happening?

Geezus, Focker! I see some new ones completed in my general area...gonna have to go check those out! I won't mention locations since we're not in the sponsor forum. ;)

I haven't seen a week beyond 1-3 updates in at least a month for our market...

I mapped a bit of Branchview, Cabarrus Ave E, Church St, and Union St. in downtown Concord today. I didn't do any speed tests but  my RSRP on that route was -90 to -105 most of the time. LTE blipped on for just a second on Branchview, just north of Brookwood, so I'm assuming some of the panels are aimed back that way from the tower in downtown Concord. I'll have to see how far up Old Concord-Salisbury Rd it reaches at some point, maybe tomorrow.  :)

I mapped a bit of Branchview, Cabarrus Ave E, Church St, and Union St. in downtown Concord today. I didn't do any speed tests but  my RSRP on that route was -90 to -105 most of the time. LTE blipped on for just a second on Branchview, just north of Brookwood, so I'm assuming some of the panels are aimed back that way from the tower in downtown Concord. I'll have to see how far up Old Concord-Salisbury Rd it reaches at some point, maybe tomorrow.  :)

I'll borrow my daughters htc one and do some mapping in Concord and along highway 49 to I-73. 

I mapped just a bit more off Hwy 221/321 in Blowing Rock. Going north, LTE stops just short of Doc's Rocks and Mystery Hill and going south, it stops a mile short of the BRP... not very much coverage there...then again, the terrain is all over the place. I also mapped a little on Hwy 29A and 29 from Landis to Kannapolis, since that tower on the Landis/Kannapolis border on 29 is lit up. 

Sprint was doing so well with lighting up towers but as of the last 2+ months, we've only had one good week of updates and that was 20 total with 10 LTE.  :(

a bit off topic, but the amount of FAIL pictured in Trox's avatar is off the charts! Love it!  :tu:

I dont know what U're talkin 'bout...... The greatest assembly of ballers on the planet and U got the gall to....... :rofl:

Yea I think Sprint is giving up on LTE same as they did Wimax I also think with all there advertising a lot of people are giving up on them  just sayin :(

Sprint was doing so well with lighting up towers but as of the last 2+ months, we've only had one good week of updates and that was 20 total with 10 LTE.  :(

After almost a year with sprint and iPhone 5 I finally made the switch to AT&T. I get full signal almost everywhere now and never have to worry about being interrupted while playing zombies on my Xbox tethering from my iphone. If your with sprint and have an iPhone please make a switch let your iPhone be an iPhone

Yea I think Sprint is giving up on LTE same as they did Wimax I also think with all there advertising a lot of people are giving up on them just sayin :(

After almost a year with sprint and iPhone 5 I finally made the switch to AT&T. I get full signal almost everywhere now and never have to worry about being interrupted while playing zombies on my Xbox tethering from my iphone. If your with sprint and have an iPhone please make a switch let your iPhone be an iPhone

Tethering to play an XBOX?  Really???  I'm not impressed.  Actually I'm pissed to hear that people do this and bog down a wireless network.  Have fun over on AT&T.  You can blame Apple for the device not supporting SVLTE or SVDO, not Sprint.  See ya!

Can someone ban this troll. Please?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 2

• Like 2

Yea I think Sprint is giving up on LTE same as they did Wimax I also think with all there advertising a lot of people are giving up on them  just sayin :(

Giving up on LTE? Not even.

Sprint is just getting started. We are only 1 year into the Network Vision project, which was projected to take 2-2.5 years. You can't upgrade an entire network overnight. It takes time. Sprint is getting ready to launch LTE on 800, and then 2500Mhz, so the network will only get better. 

• Like 2

I agree the Network Vision every month seems to get better in Charlotte I'm hoping now that the buyout of Clearwire is complete with out the dish network nonsense and the soft bank deal go through sprint will hopefully have no more obstacles in its way.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I sure hope so 

Giving up on LTE? Not even.

Sprint is just getting started. We are only 1 year into the Network Vision project, which was projected to take 2-2.5 years. You can't upgrade an entire network overnight. It takes time. Sprint is getting ready to launch LTE on 800, and then 2500Mhz, so the network will only get better. 

I'm pretty sure there's some testing going on at a tower in the Concord Airport area... Every time I go up 85 between exits 49 and 52, SignalCheck Pro on my EVO starts showing my phone flipping out, trying to connect to LTE endlessly, but there's no Servicing Cell... anyone else in the area seeing that? It stops, and connects to the one off exit 52 if I cycle airplane mode once I'm in range of that one...

Anyone in Charlotte have a tri band LTE hotspot?

I have had the Netgear Zing for a week now. Haven't used it much since Timewarner cable has WIfi at my work location, doctor's office and gym. I used it for about 2 hours yesterday in Rockwell and Salisbury. It hung unto LTE 1900 signal in places where my Evo 4g lte was dropping. After two hours of use I still had 80% of battery left (2 tablets connected)

I have had the Netgear Zing for a week now. Haven't used it much since Timewarner cable has WIfi at my work location, doctor's office and gym. I used it for about 2 hours yesterday in Rockwell and Salisbury. It hung unto LTE 1900 signal in places where my Evo 4g lte was dropping. After two hours of use I still had 80% of battery left (2 tablets connected)

Any sign of the 2600 LTE yet on it in Charlotte? Keep an eye out and report back if you see it....