Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

While in Charlotte this past weekend' date=' I connected to 4G in near Matthews, NC on Pineville-Matthews Rd and Providence Rd. It was only for about a mile or so, then it dropped back to 3G. Couldn't get an LTE connection after that the rest of the weekend. I managed to snag a SpeedTest before the connection dropped:[/quote']

You didn't log it on Sensorly!!!! For shame. :(

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I live just north of the corner of Fairview and Providence and when I went to my car this morning and turned off my WIFI on my Galaxy S3, there I saw 4G!!! I continued to get the 4G as I turned on to Sardis and it kept up until Rama... I only got 3G the rest of the way including Independence... I was able to run my Apps but didn't try and Speed Tests or other tests... I know there is a major tower near me that also was where I got my WIMAX when I had an EVO previously......

• Like 1

I live just north of the corner of Fairview and Providence and when I went to my car this morning and turned off my WIFI on my Galaxy S3, there I saw 4G!!! I continued to get the 4G as I turned on to Sardis and it kept up until Rama... I only got 3G the rest of the way including Independence... I was able to run my Apps but didn't try and Speed Tests or other tests... I know there is a major tower near me that also was where I got my WIMAX when I had an EVO previously......

Yep, that's just up the road from where I was. Unfortunately, I wasn't driving, so I didn't want to hassle everyone I was with to explore more areas, haha.

so when you say your were able to run you Apps, you mean sensorly right?

so when you say your were able to run you Apps, you mean sensorly right?

No... I stream radio off my phone from out of town ( hometown) and it worked just fine.. I also checked the phone status and saw it connected on LTE... I was in my car so didn't feel like fooling around too much.. checked the phone status at a traffic light... I can check sensorly later... I'll also check how it works further in on Providence... I went the other way this AM to my job.. Sprint's service on Providence in towards Meyers Park and Eastover has been choppy..

No... I stream radio off my phone from out of town ( hometown) and it worked just fine.. I also checked the phone status and saw it connected on LTE... I was in my car so didn't feel like fooling around too much.. checked the phone status at a traffic light... I can check sensorly later... I'll also check how it works further in on Providence... I went the other way this AM to my job.. Sprint's service on Providence in towards Meyers Park and Eastover has been choppy..

very nice.......I can't wait to see some purple blips in NC and hopefully it starts creeping up north to where I'm at.

All you Charloteers (whatever the denonym is for Charlotte) need to run Sensorly when you find LTE signals. Let us go along with you for the ride. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Went out for lunch today back near my apartment and drove around some.. LTE seems to be only near the corner of Fairview/Sardis and Providence Rd at least in that area.. I sat outside my apartment and got LTE speed on my phone... I did note that unlike the other day, I was getting Ehrpd 3G when the 4G dropped off once I got too far from that on Fairview and Providence corner... Didn't really see how far up and down Providence it went.. The Sprint Data service on Providence from Sharon-Amity in towards town for a mile or so is so-so.. I get data dropouts all the time in stretch.. I stopped for lunch at Panera and was getting only 1x... Once I reboot phone, I did get an ehrpd signal and decent speed for 3G (7-800).. Oh I did load Sensorly on my phone.. And it's on the map on Sensorly in Charlotte!!!!

• Like 1

Started seeing EHRPD here in the Hickory/Conover area this past Sunday. Looking forward to seeing some LTE goodness in the coming month(s).

So I drove out to the area tonight and as I was approaching the Arboretum shopping center I noticed the 4G icon appear on my phone! It only lasted a few seconds so I kept driving on Hwy 51 towards Matthews and as I passed in front of Providence high school it locked on 4G again. I pulled into the parking lot and ran a speed test and took some screen shots but it fell back to 3G. I toggled mobile data and it locked again so I started Sensorly but as soon as I started moving a little bit it dropped back again but I was able to add some points on the map!!

Screenshot_2012-10-23-20-51-53.png

Screenshot_2012-10-23-19-13-32.png

• Like 1

Coming home from work, the LTE kicked on Providence Rd about half-way between Fairview and Sharon Ln... I had Sensory on but it did not update the website in that area.. I'll keep driving around with it on ... Based on the network upgrade map, it shows a data speed update completed near Sardis and Randolph... It must be a good signal since I get the LTE inside my apartment... The WIMAX signal I got on my EVO Shift when I had it rarely worked inside my apartment except on my second floor.. LTE is working great everywhere.. Oh and I am getting much better dowload speed on LTE than my cable modem on WIFI using speedtest... I suppose one reason might be no other LTE user where as cable has contention here...

• Like 2

this morning, I went SARDIS to Randolph and up Randolph to Sharon-Amity all in 4G until it dropped to 3G.. I had Sensorly on but it did not update..

Did you have Sensorly running in passive mode or were you mapping a trip? I've wondered about some of the routes I've taken in passive mode that don't seem to have been completely updated...

Did you have Sensorly running in passive mode or were you mapping a trip? I've wondered about some of the routes I've taken in passive mode that don't seem to have been completely updated...

It was in passive... I'm going to drive home later today with the App open and see what I get.... I noted on the Sprint Network map that they had some uptown towers noted as having upgraded speed just like the one near my apartment that appears to be LTE so I went to lunch today over that way but never got any 4G. Good solid 3G with 4-5 bars...

Caught a 4G signal on my S3 in Charlotte at the intersection of Albemarle road and WT Harris. Was able to get a speed test and mapped on sensorly! Lost the connection just before Independence Blvd

Hope to see this downtown soon. The 3G downtown has improved quite a bit in the last months though, it is actually usable now.

uploadfromtaptalk1351170233002.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome news guys! The quicker they get 4G done down there, the quicker they'll start moving up my way. :) Make sure to run the Map Trip feature, so we make sure it picks up every possible point. I've noticed the phone runs a little hotter when doing that than in passive or even just leaving the app up in active, so I can only assume (could be wrong) that it's mapping the most points that way.

I've turned into a wireless dork as Robert says! I skipped lunch to map LTE in Charlotte!

Had to toggle airplane mode to pick it up but once it locked it stayed connected very well. Hopefully JB will fix the initial connection issues.

Screenshot_2012-10-25-13-11-15.png

Screenshot_2012-10-25-13-11-26.png

• Like 3